PDA

View Full Version : What happened to the album art on Radio Paradise?

dpotts
2009-12-07, 10:59
As of a couple of weeks ago, the album art has disappeared from my Now Playing screen in SqueezeCenter when I'm listening to Radio Paradise. It was always there before -- and useful to see, since the display doesn't otherwise give album info. Nothing else has changed -- I still get the group and track title information as text. Does anybody know what's up?

-David

garym
2009-12-07, 14:06
Odd, on my 192 mp3 streams I'm getting artwork, but on the 128mp3 stream I'm not getting artwork on either mysqueezebox.com or my local SbS.

aubuti
2009-12-07, 18:01
Odd, on my 192 mp3 streams I'm getting artwork, but on the 128mp3 stream I'm not getting artwork on either mysqueezebox.com or my local SbS.
Same here with local SbS. Haven't tried via mysb.com in a while.

dpotts
2009-12-08, 10:08
Sorry, but "local SbS" means what? And "192 mp3 streams"? How do I listen to those?

-David

garym
2009-12-08, 10:25
Sorry, but "local SbS" means what? And "192 mp3 streams"? How do I listen to those?

-David

local SbS (squeezeboxserver, formerly known as squeezecenter, is the software you've installed on your computer to run your squeezeboxes. Alternatively, you might not have a local program installed and run internet radio, etc. from "mysqueezebox.com" formerly known as squeezenetwork.

If you want to listen to the 192 stream, edit your favorites and paste this into URL:

http://www.radioparadise.com/musiclinks/rp_192.m3u

note that there is an underline between rp and 192. so it is rp_192.m3u

dpotts
2009-12-11, 09:23
Sorry to be late getting back to you. Thank you for spelling out your abbreviations for the sake of a newbee. For what it's worth, I find the same as you guys: the 192kbps stream has art, the 128 doesn't.

But otherwise, it's a mystery to me why the art should have disappeared from a stream like this. I suppose whatever supplies it at the "station" is broken, but odd that they don't fix it. Perhaps they don't know.

-David

andyg
2009-12-11, 09:25
RP broke the art a few months ago by accident, so it may have happened again, I would suggest emailing them.

dpotts
2009-12-11, 12:24
I e-mailed them and got a quick reply. Thanks for the suggestion! They confirm that the album art is being passed to their stream server, so probably it's not another instance of the problem they had before that you mention. But somehow it's not getting to us. I also tried the 64kbps stream and a different url that RP gave me, and none of these has album art. Neither does the stream you can listen to at RadioTime.com. Only the 192kbps stream displays album art. At least Radio Paradise now knows about the problem.

-David