PDA

View Full Version : Sb3 & Boom Display Setup

mjm2705
2009-12-05, 08:42
I've had an SB3 for about 18 months and just added a Boom .. love them both and now use Squeemote app on iPod Touch to make a great setup.

Only issue I always had with the SB3 was the now playing info displayed. I has upgraded from a Netgear MP101 which allowed [Artist], [Album] & [Track Title] to be visible on a 3 line display.

When I got the SB3 I tried lots of configurations to match this and gave up (I hate too much scrolling info)... I settled on track name, remaining time and a mini spectrum analyser on the SB3.

When the Boom arrived I noticed the image on the box showed a Boom displaying 'Duran Duran' where I always have "Now Playing X of Y", it also had remaining track time and the track name in large text. This brought me back to trying all configurations of screensaver, display etc and still no joy.

My ideal setting would allow the top left of the display to read Artist / Album (instead of "Now Playing"), top right would show remaining time and main text would be track name.

Is this possible on the SB3 & / or Boom ???

If so, how?

All help appreciated.

Mark Miksis
2009-12-05, 08:48
http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Make_Boom_look_like_the_Box

usch
2009-12-05, 09:21
http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Make_Boom_look_like_the_Box
Which is a bit outdated. With recent SBS versions you can download and install everything from the plugins page in the server settings, instead of manually unzipping stuff into the application directory.

Mark Miksis
2009-12-05, 09:53
Which is a bit outdated. With recent SBS versions you can download and install everything from the plugins page in the server settings, instead of manually unzipping stuff into the application directory.

You're right - sorry about that. The real answer is to use the plugins page to install MusicInfoSCR. The defaults should match the box.

mjm2705
2009-12-05, 13:11
Thanks guys ... Music Info Screen and Title Switcher sorted me out !!

I'd never discovered plugins before (other than Last.fm) ... looking forward to playing with iPlayer.

Thanks again !

ModelCitizen
2009-12-05, 14:10
I'd never discovered plugins before
It's the plugins that make this software great.

MC