PDA

View Full Version : Is This Normal?

havoc1
2009-12-05, 04:59
I already have four squeezeboxes and want to buy another even though I don't need it just because they are so awesome.

andynormancx
2009-12-05, 05:01
Perfectly normal. You know you've really got the bug when you're starting to wonder whether one per room is really enough.

Ikabob
2009-12-05, 05:24
Wow, Great question. I was wondering the same thing. I don't need one but I feel like getting one.
Also , I like collecting the boxes . Is that normal too?

toby10
2009-12-05, 06:11
There was a support group for this very affliction.
But it was disbanded as most of the meetings digressed into sharing information on where the best SB player deals were!

Aurumer
2009-12-05, 11:16
No problem at all. Start to worry after your, say fourth or fifth transporter...

pfarrell
2009-12-05, 11:26
andynormancx wrote:
> Perfectly normal. You know you've really got the bug when you're
> starting to wonder whether one per room is really enough.

In my living room, there is a Radio, a Transporter and a Controller.
Since the Controller can play as well, that's three.

The Receiver, Boom, and other things are not in the living room.

Seems normal enough to me.

@havoc1 you can always give some to friends and family, that is what I
did with my SB1 and SB1-G units. I didn't want the wive to think that I
was obsessive about SqueezeBoxen.

--
Pat Farrell
http://www.pfarrell.com/

buck
2009-12-05, 11:57
SB-1 G unit? Can you put a 802.11G NIC in a SB1? I have 2 SB1 units with 802.11B NICs that I would put G NICs if I could. Or would that not make a difference with the smaller amount of RAM?

Sorry about the thread hijack. I believe it is normal as well. I have the SBBoom, the SB Controller and 2 SB1s. Yep, I NEEEEEED more. Uh..maybe you should ask someone else if it is normal :-)

Nonreality
2009-12-06, 00:47
I'm same way. I really want another SB3 even though I'm way too broke. I'd love to get one before they are gone.

funkstar
2009-12-06, 05:01
SB-1 G unit? Can you put a 802.11G NIC in a SB1? I have 2 SB1 units with 802.11B NICs that I would put G NICs if I could. Or would that not make a difference with the smaller amount of RAM?
I don't think there was ever a G NIC available for the platform the SB1 was built on. One of the reasons for moving the to the IP3K platform of the SB2. If you did manage to find one it wouldn't just be a drop in replacement, the firmware would need to be re-written to support it, and that just isn't possible.

Phil Leigh
2009-12-06, 05:06
I don't think there was ever a G NIC available for the platform the SB1 was built on. One of the reasons for moving the to the IP3K platform of the SB2. If you did manage to find one it wouldn't just be a drop in replacement, the firmware would need to be re-written to support it, and that just isn't possible.

The SB1-G was a new "graphic" VFD, not a G wi-fi card...

funkstar
2009-12-06, 07:15
The SB1-G was a new "graphic" VFD, not a G wi-fi card...
Ah sorry, I didn't pick up on Buck not knowing what the SB1-G was :)

havoc1
2009-12-14, 14:20
Ooops, I did it again, bought a Squeezebox Classic from PC World. Only one in there, it's been languishing on the shelf for months.

They had Radios for 140 and a single Boom at 150. This was in Braehead, Glasgow.

They really are very focused on the mp3s docks in there though, that and DAB radios. I guess they are a lot easier for people to understand.

Time to sell off my last Receiver I suppose, unless I can find some excuse to keep it....

Benefactor
2009-12-14, 15:52
Knowing that the SB3 are now discontinued, I've been considering buying a "spare" SB3 in case something happens to the one that's currently hooked up to my main system...I already have a Boom in the office, and another in the bedroom.

Mnyb
2009-12-14, 23:47
I was eying a radio yesterday :) I only have a hallway that might need it, so i can listen while i get my coat in the morning .
Having 3 being 1 person in 2 room + kitchen apartment.