PDA

View Full Version : UK version: Power supply plug adaptors

guardian_de
2009-12-04, 10:33
I live in Germany and I'm thinking about ordering a Boom from Amazon UK. The website claims that the included power supply is for UK and EU. Does this mean that a plug adaptor compatible with German sockets is included?

Thanks!

clipper
2009-12-04, 11:10
In message <guardian_de.42okin1259948044 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com>,
guardian_de <guardian_de.42okin1259948044 (AT) no-mx (DOT) forums.slimdevices.com>
writes

>I live in Germany and I'm thinking about ordering a Boom from Amazon
>UK. The website claims that the included power supply is for UK and EU.
>Does this mean that a plug adaptor compatible with German sockets is
>included?

Sorry can't remember if an European adapter is included in the package,
checked the Logitech site for a 'Whats in the Box'?

but anyway all you need is the cheap (~GBP1.00) relevant adapter .....

eg
http://snipurl.com/jhvu5

[www_watt-power_co_uk]

--
David

carrera
2009-12-04, 11:14
Hi,

I live in GY too, and I'm once a year in the US. Three years ago I bought my first SB3 in the US, and had no Prob with the Powersupply back in GY. I used a simple adapter (from US plugs to German) no issues with it, still works today.

I Think this sort of adapters are also available for UK to Germany.

This would be your worst case!

If they write, that it comes with a UK and EU PSU I think this means, that an adapter is already in the Package - this is a better solution because the Logitech PSUs do have changeable plugs, which means you won't need the "general adapter" I metioned before.

So anyway you can go for it!

BTW does Amazon UK deliver those stuff to GY??? I know, and sometimes do, they deliver DVDs and Bluerays... but electronical devices, and what about the german customs...

regards
carrera

clipper
2009-12-04, 11:22
In message <7BUaL1I$BVGLFwRG (AT) airds (DOT) co.uk>, David Livingstone
<number11 (AT) airds (DOT) co.uk> writes

>Sorry can't remember if an European adapter is included in the package

Found my Boom packing box - a 'RPE Euro AC input Clip for PSC/PSM/PSAR
Series Adapter' IS included with the U.K. version from Amazon

http://snipurl.com/tk6c7
--
David

bluegaspode
2009-12-04, 13:03
Bought my Boom (and Radio) in germany and both had a UK adaptor as well :)
Its an AC-Adaptor with changeable pins so I guess they are selling the same package in UK and Germany.

plinford
2009-12-05, 05:21
I got a new boom yesterday, and it came with both UK and continental Europe adapters.

Paul

ezeeuqS
2009-12-06, 08:31
I live in Germany and I'm thinking about ordering a Boom from Amazon UK. The website claims that the included power supply is for UK and EU. Does this mean that a plug adaptor compatible with German sockets is included?

I can confirm that the Boom from amazon.co.uk has the UK and the EURO plug adaptor inside the box. Just received mine last week.

Chris