PDA

View Full Version : ~99% CPU with mysqld

Zoltan
2009-12-01, 13:49
I've been having some really bad problems in the last couple of days where SBS becomes completely unresponsive, I can't log in to the web interface and if I look at the processes on my server box, mysqld is using upwards of 99% CPU.

This seems to have started happening after I tried to define some new libraries using the Custom Library plugin in order to make the Artist menu a bit more usable for my wife on her new Boom. However, I had already been successfully using this plugin for a few days to test out the facility - had split my classical albums off to a new library and that seemed to be OK.

I have tried various combinations of restarting SBS, stopping and starting it, killing the mysld process, and rebooting the server itself.

I'm wondering now whether I have corrupted something. If I did a reinstall of SBS what would I need to do on Ubuntu (command line) in terms of ensuring everything got cleaned out before reinstalling?

I'd be grateful for any ideas or advice. NB: Running latest official SBS (7.4.1 ?)

Thanks,

Zoltan

pski
2009-12-01, 17:02
I've been having some really bad problems in the last couple of days where SBS becomes completely unresponsive, I can't log in to the web interface and if I look at the processes on my server box, mysqld is using upwards of 99% CPU.

This seems to have started happening after I tried to define some new libraries using the Custom Library plugin in order to make the Artist menu a bit more usable for my wife on her new Boom. However, I had already been successfully using this plugin for a few days to test out the facility - had split my classical albums off to a new library and that seemed to be OK.

I have tried various combinations of restarting SBS, stopping and starting it, killing the mysld process, and rebooting the server itself.

I'm wondering now whether I have corrupted something. If I did a reinstall of SBS what would I need to do on Ubuntu (command line) in terms of ensuring everything got cleaned out before reinstalling?

I'd be grateful for any ideas or advice. NB: Running latest official SBS (7.4.1 ?)

Thanks,

Zoltan

I had similar symptoms.

I "stopped" the server.

I "control panel/programs" uninstalled.

I re-installed.

It still seems the scanner.exe is hungry but now I have it running early in the day.

Version: 7.4.1 - r28947 @ Tue Oct 20 08:13:15 PDT 2009
Hostname: dellwest
IP: 192.168.0.51
HTTP Port: 9000
Platform: 586
Perl Version: 5.10.0 - MSWin32-x86-multi-thread
MySQL Version: 5.0.22-community-nt
Total Players Recognized: 3

P