PDA

View Full Version : Unique menu items on 2 Booms?

smagnuson
2009-11-30, 10:28
Hello,

I'm using SqueezeCenter 7.4.1 on Mac OS X 10.6.2 and I have 2 Booms. I can't set unique menu items on each Boom. Any changes I make to the first Boom's menu automatically appear on BOTH Booms. I'm using the SqueezeCenter Settings (Player tab), selecting the Boom I want to change, then Menus from the dropdown. Has anyone else seen this? I should be able to have unique menu items for each Boom, correct?

I also have a SqueezeBox 3, and it's menu items are unchanged and unaffected by any changes I make to either Boom (as expected).

Thanks,

Steve

pski
2009-11-30, 17:59
Hello,

I'm using SqueezeCenter 7.4.1 on Mac OS X 10.6.2 and I have 2 Booms. I can't set unique menu items on each Boom. Any changes I make to the first Boom's menu automatically appear on BOTH Booms. I'm using the SqueezeCenter Settings (Player tab), selecting the Boom I want to change, then Menus from the dropdown. Has anyone else seen this? I should be able to have unique menu items for each Boom, correct?

I also have a SqueezeBox 3, and it's menu items are unchanged and unaffected by any changes I make to either Boom (as expected).

Thanks,

Steve

I don't have two to check but I hope others will pitch-in. Your assumption is 100% reasonable.

P

Mnyb
2009-11-30, 18:26
A longshot here, do your Boom's have different names.
In the past there have been bugs in both ss and sn when the players did not have unique names

smagnuson
2009-11-30, 20:05
Yes, the 2 Booms have different names. Here's how all 3 devices show up in SqueezeCenter info:

bedroom
Player Model: boom
Firmware: 50
Player IP Address: 192.168.1.100
Player MAC Address: 00:04:20:1e:0b:42
Wireless Signal Strength: 96%

kitchen
Player Model: squeezebox3
Firmware: 130
Player IP Address: 192.168.1.103
Player MAC Address: 00:04:20:06:3d:cd
Wireless Signal Strength: 78%

living room
Player Model: boom
Firmware: 50
Player IP Address: 192.168.1.102
Player MAC Address: 00:04:20:1e:11:ad
Wireless Signal Strength: 91%

Anyone else out there with more than one Boom who can check this out?

Thanks very much.

Steve

smagnuson
2009-11-30, 20:22
Just to be clear - any menu change I make to EITHER Boom appears on BOTH Boom menus.

Regards,

Steve

aubuti
2009-11-30, 20:51
It's possible that your server.prefs file has become corrupted. That's where all of the player settings are stored, with different blocks for each player. Players are identified by their MAC addresses. You could try the following:

1. Make note of all of your server and player settings (laborious, but usually worth it)

2. Stop SBS. Don't just close the browser window -- make sure the server is completely stopped.

3. Find server.prefs (I have no idea where it lives on a Mac). Make a backup copy and store it in a safe place. Then delete the server.prefs in the SBS directory.

4. Restart SBS. Make a change to one of the Boom's settings and save (Apply) it. Then look in the settings for the other Boom to see if the problem persists.

5a. If the other Boom wasn't changed, continue setting each Boom as you like, checking now and again to see if the problem re-appears.

5b. If the other Boom changed (ie, problem persists), then stop SBS, put your old server.prefs back where it was, and restart SBS. Unfortunately, that puts you back where you started :(

smagnuson
2009-12-01, 16:23
Thanks, aubuti, that did the trick. By the way, on a Mac, the server.prefs file is in
~/Library/Application Support/Squeezebox

Thanks again,

Steve