PDA

View Full Version : SqueezePlay plays at wrong speed!

mphearn
2009-11-28, 04:12
I am using Windows 7 with Squeezebox Server 7.4.1. All works fine except SqueezePlay beta has problems. Most radio stations play at correct speed but some play at 'fast forward' and some play very s-l-o-w-l-y. Fast ones include KKJZ (LA), slow ones include Radio Swiss Jazz.

This has been the case for several weeks and the problem persists with new SqueezePlay download today, 28 November.

All stations play at correct speed when using a hardware player (SB3).

Are others experiencing this? When is SqueezePlay v.1 expected?

kesey
2009-11-28, 06:21
This was happening to me in the past. It is not happening with 7.4.2
Try using the current nightly (perfectly stable on my systems XP Pro SP3 and Windows 7 Pro 64 bit) from: http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/

If you do not want to do this, I found that re-clicking on the link for the radio station often got the thing playing at the right speed on the second or third click.

garym
2009-11-28, 06:39
Exact same issues and I'm using 7.4.2 on XP.

kesey
2009-11-28, 06:56
garym, it may be worth deleting your cache and doing a total re-scan (Clear Library and re-scan everything) to see if this clears things up. Strange things can get buried in that cache file. You can get the address of your cache file in Server Settings under the Info tab.

garym
2009-11-28, 07:17
garym, it may be worth deleting your cache and doing a total re-scan (Clear Library and re-scan everything) to see if this clears things up. Strange things can get buried in that cache file. You can get the address of your cache file in Server Settings under the Info tab.

I will try this. But I'd assumed that the cache relates to my own music. This problem is only on Internet radio and even then only with squeezeplay. No problems with booms, SB3, or transporter.

kesey
2009-11-28, 09:11
I will try this. But I'd assumed that the cache relates to my own music. This problem is only on Internet radio and even then only with squeezeplay. No problems with booms, SB3, or transporter.

I would also expect that cache relates to your local music, but I think it is worth a try just to make sure there is nothing causing niggles. I was having trouble about a month ago with Squeezeplay speed of play, but not now. I'm using a Squeezeplay I downloaded a week ago from 7.5 with Squeezebox Server 7.4.2.

jrichardson
2009-11-28, 09:33
https://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=10801

Knowen issue, add your vote to the bug