PDA

View Full Version : Can SB play a song stored on WI-FI phone?

mcmc
2009-11-26, 08:31
Can SB play a song stored on WI-FI phone?
What do you think about idea?

another "smart" question:
Can I control SB with phone if PC is turned off?

thank You
Have a good time

pippin
2009-11-26, 08:40
Play song: Hard to do. You would need a plugin to interface to your WiFi phone or you'd have to run SqueezeCenter on the phone.

Remote control through MySqueezebox.com: What phone do you have? iPhone: Yes. Android: Probably (don't know whether that feature of SqueezeCommander is already out) others: Currently no.

mcmc
2009-11-26, 09:45
thank You for answer.

It is nokia 5530 with OS S60. control of SB connected to pc work fine (with Light skin)

pippin
2009-11-26, 10:09
thank You for answer.

It is nokia 5530 with OS S60. control of SB connected to pc work fine (with Light skin)

Ok, the browser might also be able to control MySqueezebox.com, I just would not expect it to look too good.

pski
2009-11-26, 18:29
What about BT? It shows as a drive that should be available to SBS.

This assumes you don't have a phone with a crippled BT stack..

mcmc
2009-11-30, 06:41
Bluetooth is interesting suggestion. I will give it a try, but I assume that PC must be on then? (because right now, only way to make SB and Nokia talk is via PC).

pski
2009-11-30, 18:07
Bluetooth is interesting suggestion. I will give it a try, but I assume that PC must be on then? (because right now, only way to make SB and Nokia talk is via PC).

In that case, you would need a shortcut in your music folder that points to the "mapped" BT drive. You could then approach via "music folder" or you could rebuild while the phone is connected.

In some ways, it would be easier to have a shortcut in your music folder that points to your sync directory (OH! are you using Nokia PC Suite??)

P