PDA

View Full Version : XLD issues & questions (mac)

elverket
2009-11-26, 07:09
Hi!
I just bought a transporter a couple of days ago, and while I'm waiting for it to arrive I'm struggeling with getting XLD to rip the files as I would like them to:

- I would like to rip MP3 and FLAC simultanously, and preferrably have the files located in different directories. Is this possible, and how do you guys organise your libraries if you have both an MP3 and a Flac library?

- the CDDB connection has stopped working. Tried several well-known disks, but the "get cd track names" option is unavaliable, and I get no info whatsoever. Tried both server options in the settings.

- Several tracks so far are not imported (the progress bar freezes), although the play perfectly in itunes. I suppose this is connected to the acuraterip option somehow, but is there any way of making it less "picky"?

avta
2009-11-26, 16:39
I've had problems with XLD. I use the current beta of Rip ( www.sbooth.org ) I'm not sure about simultaneous ripping but there is an excellent forum that may provide the answer and the author of the software often responds.

davep
2009-11-27, 00:02
Hi!
I just bought a transporter a couple of days ago, and while I'm waiting for it to arrive I'm struggeling with getting XLD to rip the files as I would like them to:

- I would like to rip MP3 and FLAC simultanously, and preferrably have the files located in different directories. Is this possible, and how do you guys organise your libraries if you have both an MP3 and a Flac library?

- the CDDB connection has stopped working. Tried several well-known disks, but the "get cd track names" option is unavaliable, and I get no info whatsoever. Tried both server options in the settings.

- Several tracks so far are not imported (the progress bar freezes), although the play perfectly in itunes. I suppose this is connected to the acuraterip option somehow, but is there any way of making it less "picky"?

I have actually had some good success with XLD doing rips to flac and mp3 at the same time. As far as I know there is no way to have these go automagically into different directories so I just use the Finder when the ripping has finished to drag copies of the mp3 files out of the flac directory where all of the rips get put, and then delete them from there.

As for CDDB, all I can say is it works fine every time for me. I'm using freedb.freedb.org as the server on Port 80 and /~cddb/cddb.cgi as the path in the Prefs pane. Sometimes you need to rescan under File|Open Audio CD|Refresh List to get the entries to show.

For the freezes, I have never experienced this so can offer no real suggestions other than to take a look at the log that gets produced at the end of ripping.

davep

DaveWr
2009-11-27, 01:00
Hi

As with Dave above, i have had no issues with XLD. I recently re-ripped all my CDs to FLAC (long and painful story). To get an iPOD friendly library, I then had XLD convert the whole FLAC set to a different path. Absolutely no problems.

Dave