PDA

View Full Version : problem Custom Scan/Browse plugin

Gould
2009-11-26, 06:29
Since a week i've been trying the wikiguide to set up the browse menu's for classical music but without succes. i tried a few times from scratch but without succes. I activated the plugin's on the web page from the server so i guess i have latest versions. the squeezebox server is 7.4.1

After going thru the guide i get this :

-the multi library dividing my songs (classical / Standard) = OK
-the 4 menues appearing in my main browse menu like :
Classical music / works by composers.
-BUT nothing is in it...even not when i rescan (in the custom scan menu or a total scan in the configuration window)

When i make a new browse menu "composers" ... it appears and gives me result in showing me all composers but nottin more.

i tried to change many times to fill out other fields guessing that i am forgetting something but i never get any result in my 4 browse menus.

Now i deactivated the plugins (exept for the multi library) to reset all because i think i ruined it all by now...

who wants to guide me in this! i am really a noob in getting this done but i am learning fast.

i just want to know which tags i must change in my music to get groups like :Classical /Composer /Sort (piano) / Concerto / part 1 / Artist
and how i manage that squeezebox server shows this to me in that search order...

Gould
2009-11-27, 06:32
nobody??? erland?

erland
2009-11-27, 10:00
If you have followed the guide, it sounds like the Custom Scan scanning didn't succeed. Do you get any errors in the server.log file that indicate what the problem is ?

Gould
2009-11-30, 06:23
in the server log it just gives me : "synchronisation finished"
i tried to uninstall the plugins to "reset" them and start over from scratch but they somehow remember previous coniguration after a fresh install.

the result was the same... no titles in the new made browse menu's.
i really don't get it...

i can mail you the server/scanner log... maybe you see something in there?

in any case ... tx very much!

Statto
2010-01-06, 02:32
Hello Gould

Did you resolve this problem? I'm experiencing exacttly the same issues - Multi Library has worked OK (can see that the Classical and Non Classical libraries contain the correct no of songs) and Custom Browse has also worked (I have managed to set up 2 of the 4 menus per the wiki - didn't need the other two menus) - but when I select either 'Composers by Genre' or 'Works by Composer' no albums or songs appear.

Must be an issue with Custom Scan but I can't work out what.

Is the a way to test whether Custom Scan is working?

erland
2010-01-06, 03:13
Must be an issue with Custom Scan but I can't work out what.

Is the a way to test whether Custom Scan is working?

You can install the Database Query plugin and goto Extras/Database Query and select the "Custom Scan Statistics" query. You should see a number of rows similar to these if it works:

Number of songs with customtag attributes of type MOOD 1948
Number of songs with customtag attributes of type PERFORMER 34
Number of songs with customtag attributes of type STYLE 2407
Number of songs with mixedtag attributes of type ALBUM 3437
Number of songs with mixedtag attributes of type ALBUMARTIST 3158
Number of songs with mixedtag attributes of type ARTIST 3426
Number of songs with mixedtag attributes of type COMPOSER 54
Number of songs with mixedtag attributes of type CONDUCTOR 39

If you don't see any rows for customtag attributes or mixedtag attribute it means that the Custom Scan scanning hasn't succeeded or is incorrectly configured.

If you have a large library this Database Query operation might take a lot of time.

Statto
2010-01-06, 13:41
The Database Query plugin is extremely useful. Thanks Erland!

Thing is though, once I'd installed it I did indeed see custom tag and mixed tag attributes. Then when I tried the menus again, hey presto, it had worked.

I think I needed to do a full rescan of my library. Maybe there were tag conflicts in there? No matter, all working now.

Now to try to resolve the years | original years tag issues!

Thanks