PDA

View Full Version : DAB streaming Wavefinder and DABAR users

appeland
2009-11-25, 14:27
Hello,
I was pretty lucky to get a Wavefinder for 1.50 on fleebay.
I installed the original CD and then updated to Firmware 1.4, which work s fine with DABBAR 1.3a. Would anyone have a source for that even newer firmware that they actually SOLD on CD? I cant seem to get it anymore.

Another question is how multiroom capable it is. If I listen to one DAB Radio station in one room and then want to listen to another in another room on a different transponder - is that supposed to work? It does not for me.

Any other experiences that are not covered by this forum are also very much appreciated.

It works quite well so far and I love the fact that I am not clogging up the Internet (connection) streaming radio.

My setup is: Samsung R20 Laptop with 2 GB RAM in attik running Slimserver 7.4.1 and DABBAR only, USB Raid 1 for files, 1 radio, 2 Receivers, 2 Controllers, 2 Squeezebox1's, 1 Transporter (yeah - I WISH :) )
Ta,
Andi

andynormancx
2009-11-25, 15:09
Another question is how multiroom capable it is. If I listen to one DAB Radio station in one room and then want to listen to another in another room on a different transponder - is that supposed to work? It does not for me.
If by transponder you mean MUX, then no it can't tune into more than one MUX at a time. As to whether it can decode two channels on a single MUX at the same time, I can't remember. My Wavefinder has been stuck in a box for some years now, I find it far more convenient instead to connect a DAB radio to my server's line in and use the WaveIn plugin.

vinnielo
2009-11-25, 15:12
You can't listen to a station on a different multiplex as it only has a single tuner. But you can stream off or record different stations on the same multiplex.

Paul Webster
2009-11-26, 15:02
Although ... my recollection is that there was a late build of either DABBar or Wavefinder drivers that could not provide multiple stations at the same time.
One would think I should know for sure given that I look after the FAQ ...
http://www.spidersweb.freeserve.co.uk/dab/wffaq/#CanIbroadcasttheaudiostreamovermyLAN
however, it looks like I didn't note my thoughts on that restriction so maybe I am misremembering.

vinnielo
2009-11-27, 07:24
As the user is running 1.3a, I think it's fine.
In fact, I think an upgrade to 1.4 Dev 10 would be worth doing:
http://www.dabbar.co.uk/betatest.htm

gary
2009-11-27, 12:33
can you post how you get on, i have given up with dab, kept crashing when the muxes changed at 8 am

cheers

gary