PDA

View Full Version : Duet reciever dead ?

tordenfod
2009-11-20, 12:49
After latest update my reciever never woke up. The front is just showing that anying red flash an holding the button doesnīt do any god ! Pulled power off for a day still no connection.. Logitech im tired off en expensive product that keeps setting me back to the 70īs .... anyhelp ?? some one ?? logitech canīt

Teun
2009-11-20, 13:46
sounds to me that it has reset to factory default settings, and should be configured again through the remote?

tordenfod
2009-11-20, 13:53
controler canīt see or connect to reciever (red blinking front button !! ) bye the way controller is set back in time the new design from previus update is gone !

jrichardson
2009-11-20, 14:08
You should try factory resetting both Controller and Receiver.

https://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Hardware_Reset_commands

Once both have been set back to factory state, walk through the setup again.

If that still doesn't work, I would do a Power Cycle on your network equipment, including your ISP provided router.

Teun
2009-11-20, 14:22
You should try factory resetting both Controller and Receiver.

https://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/Hardware_Reset_commands

Once both have been set back to factory state, walk through the setup again.

If that still doesn't work, I would do a Power Cycle on your network equipment, including your ISP provided router.

i second that :)

tordenfod
2009-11-20, 14:31
done that 2 times and now B-I-N-G-O.....

tordenfod
2009-11-23, 04:56
As soon as i try to cennect my reciever to my pc/libary it starts update (front blinking white) and it continues for hours (now on 26 th hour -logitech updates mu a..)

kantblue
2009-11-23, 05:44
Hi tordenfod

I wonder if the firmware update file on your PC has become corrupted in some way.

I would suggest you reset everything and try connecting to mysqueezebox.com, eg don't have your PC turned on, or at least stop squeezecentre from running.

Then see if it updates OK from mysqueezebox.com.

If this works OK, I would suggest you completely uninstall Squeezecentre from your PC and reinstall, or at least delete the firmware files (sorry I can't remember which folder they are in) so they are re-downloaded.

kantblue

tordenfod
2009-11-23, 05:49
At the moment downloading latest server software and will install as soon itīs completed.. But still crapy update, call it down date instead.. at the moment my old Rega planar 3 is playing more music the the bling bling squeesebings... oh nice with the sound off vinyl :-))

tordenfod
2009-11-23, 08:49
Well updated to latest server vers. so far no prob. Restart of remote detects network and connects. Then the reciever remote can see it but reciever will not connect try restarting everything .... This time reciever connects and ican see the music on server and on remote but no sound -CRAP ! Resetting everything AGAIN and again reciever wonīt connect :-( Network is fine both WLAN and LAN (tried them both on reciever WLAN has the highest succesrate (wrong word - succes is aparently not an option)

ANY surgestions ? (above from hammer and blowtorch)

COnnected for 2 min ,no sound, but connected :-O and the blue light in front off reciever..( go find a hammer- back i 5)

jeff52807
2009-11-23, 09:14
Have you tried hooking it up to a friend's network? Someone w/o a squeezebox. That should at least confirm if the problem is the duet or your network.

tordenfod
2009-11-23, 09:24
Are you a co worker at logitch *lol* everything else in my network is working perfect- xbox- wii- wireless pc- even tried the TV on WLAN no prob ( will try installing server on WLAN PC to rule out the wired pc )

gcurrie
2009-11-23, 10:17
Are you a co worker at logitch *lol* everything else in my network is working perfect- xbox- wii- wireless pc- even tried the TV on WLAN no prob ( will try installing server on WLAN PC to rule out the wired pc )

Are you a troll *lol*

You've been given good troubleshooting advice. Arguing with people trying to help tends to reduce further advice.

tordenfod
2009-11-23, 12:03
wasenīt arguing at all- there for the *LOL* an yes advice so far has been mighty fine - thanx for that. Im just a "bit" pissed over my missing music so donīt take it personal and i will watch my steeps from now :-))

tordenfod
2009-11-23, 14:11
after a total shut down and a server reupdate ?? System is running :-))

Please Logitech NO MORE UPDATES- next time i might have to draw on stone walls inside a cave with a bone from an mastodont ;_/

ghostrider
2009-11-23, 14:32
Don't ever blindly update. Check here to determine if others are having problems, you may decide to wait. My Boom is always connected to mysb.com and so I had to update that. Minor problems but I was able to workaround. My main system is always connected to a backlevel SBS and I won't upgrade that until things are stable.

Brendianer
2009-11-24, 11:48
Hi all!
I have the following issue: I had a full functional installation all with the latest firmware and so on.
Due to technical requirements I had to give my network a total different ip range (192.168.1.x to 10.100.5.x).
All my network components are working well again.
Only the Squeezebox Receiver does not show up on my SqueezeCenter although I did several resets of the controller itself.
Any idea?

-> it seems that in such a case a total reset also of the controller is necessary.
Everything works pefect again.