PDA

View Full Version : Power cycle the duet to restore audio output

njlmac
2009-11-18, 17:31
As I appreciate the duet's auio out is only a beta feature, but I regularly have to power cycle the controller if it's been left for most of the day before the audio out works again. I would think it's likely that the PC host would have either gone to sleep or been powered down & up again in that time.

Anyone else have issues with the audio out dropping off?

NikolajC
2009-11-20, 11:06
Yeah I've seen that too. Currently my two booms need to be power cycled too every morning to produce sound. The server reboots every night if it matters. Runing 7.4.1 official.

Teun
2009-11-20, 13:53
ehm, and what if you would pull the network cable, wait 30 sec's and plug it back in?

it should refresh it's ip-configuration and ask the dhcp server if it's address is still valid. sounds to me that it could be a networkrelated problem?

njlmac
2009-11-20, 16:00
I've not had it be an issue with the receiver audio, though I have to confess I've only used the receiver a few times I'm just always using the controller with headphones.

Teun
2009-11-21, 17:17
oh oke, yeah sounds over the headphones is a known issue as far as i know

NikolajC
2009-11-25, 23:59
ehm, and what if you would pull the network cable, wait 30 sec's and plug it back in?

it should refresh it's ip-configuration and ask the dhcp server if it's address is still valid. sounds to me that it could be a networkrelated problem?

The stream "plays" just fine. Only there is no sound. I think however I found the solution. It's related to my other sync problem. When the server time fluctuates too much it can take up to 20 seconds (or so) for the server to give up syncing and just play sound. It's probably this I have seen instead.

Millwood
2009-11-26, 06:41
In my experience if you try to sync squeezeplay audio, either the controller or software on windows, the audio stops, and you then need to reboot to get it back.