Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • furtive
    • Dec 2008

Alarming behaviour

I have a repeating alarm on my Radio to wake me up for work at 7:15 every weekday

However this week I am on a course and have to get up earlier so I setup a second alarm for Mon-Fri at 6:00 and set it to non-repeating as I only wanted to be woken at that hour this week. I kept the other alarm in place for my wife.

On Monday the Radio woke me up as expected at 6:00, but didn't on Tuesday (fortunately one of my children did so I wasn't late!)

It seems that if you set an alarm to non-repeat it only works for a single day, and not all the days you have selected it to work which is not what I would expect it to do at all, and makes it fairly useless

Is this a documented "feature" of the alarm function, and is there any chance it can be fixed?
    Squeezebox Boom - dining room
    Squeezebox Radio - bedroom
    Squeezeplay on a Joggler - kitchen
  • kdf
    NOT a Slim Devices Employee
    • Apr 2005

This is how the feature is designed to work. The repeat setting basically means, only trigger the alarm once the shut the alarm off. The software doesn't track the cycles of each alarm, only what alarms might be active over the next 24 hours.

The need to improve the wording is a known issue:

-kdf

Comment

• furtive
      • Dec 2008

Well the design is flawed then. If a non repeating alarm only works for one day, why is there the option to chose a number of days? It makes no sense.

If you only wanted it to work for one day you should logically only choose one day and set it to non-repeating.
      Squeezebox Boom - dining room
      Squeezebox Radio - bedroom
      Squeezeplay on a Joggler - kitchen

Comment

• usch
        • Oct 2009

You can choose a number of days because the alarm setting is kept and you can re-enable it anytime, it will then go off on the next chosen day.
        Any feature is a bug unless it can be turned off. (Heuer's Law, 1990)

Comment

• jmpage2
          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by usch
          You can choose a number of days because the alarm setting is kept and you can re-enable it anytime, it will then go off on the next chosen day.
          This.

Basically you might want a 6am alarm that can fire on any given weekday. You want the ability to go in and turn this alarm off or on but only want it to get you up that one time.

The feature is working correctly it is just poorly documented.

Comment

Working...