PDA

View Full Version : Frustrated Roku User

Bird
2009-11-18, 10:00
I have owned my Roku Soundbridge for about 5 years and I like it a lot. That being said, I recently switched from Comcast to Verizon Fios and subsequently have lost the ability to access my WMP library. One of the main drawbacks of the Roku SB is its reliance on 3rd party software. My question is will the Squeeze box install properly using the Verizon Activetek router with my files in Wmp? I may have to buy a Squeezebox. I miss my Roku a lot. As an additional note, I still do get Internet Radio, I just cant access my music (no librarys found).

pski
2009-11-18, 15:09
I have owned my Roku Soundbridge for about 5 years and I like it a lot. That being said, I recently switched from Comcast to Verizon Fios and subsequently have lost the ability to access my WMP library. One of the main drawbacks of the Roku SB is its reliance on 3rd party software. My question is will the Squeeze box install properly using the Verizon Activetek router with my files in Wmp? I may have to buy a Squeezebox. I miss my Roku a lot. As an additional note, I still do get Internet Radio, I just cant access my music (no librarys found).

I don't know about the Soundbridge but there are some usual issues when changing routers:

1. different sub-networks: old router used 192.168.0.x and the new one uses 192.268.1.x, etc.

2. and/or different range of DHCP addresses assigned by the router vs the old one.

These could cause the IP of your WMP machine to change and Roku is looking in the wrong place. Inet radio still works because SB is getting a valid gateway from the new router.

Is there such a thing as a "factory reset" on the SB?

P

SilverRS8
2009-11-19, 04:42
Your WMP library is generated from the indexing of all media files placed in some folder. You need to install Squeezebox server on the PC too and let it index the same folder. Using a Squeezebox the library in Squeezebox server can be played. So you end up with too library systems but both using one source. When you edit or change files in the library you have to update both libraries but thats easy.