PDA

View Full Version : Price drop on Squeezebox Radio - partial refunds for recent purchasers?

hungarianhc
2009-11-17, 19:08
is there a 30 day guarantee? I think even Apple has a policy like that. I ordered mine just a couple weeks ago - wish I could have saved $50!

But this device at $150 is a GREAT deal now!

bubbasamdog
2009-11-17, 19:34
I'm in the same situation, I bought mine about 2 weeks ago, and have seen it at Best Buy and Amazon for $150.

There is a 30 day refund, so worst case, it can be returned and re-purchased at the lower price.

-Tom

hungarianhc
2009-11-17, 19:44
Let me know what you're going to do. Mine was purchased less than a month ago. I did not find any information about what happens if the price is dropped right after you order it. I hope they just issue a $50 credit. Otherwise by the time I ship it back, they re-stock it, they ship me a new one, neither logitech nor I make out very well - would be easier for us both if I could just call and request a credit!

bubbasamdog
2009-11-17, 20:08
I thought that I would give customer service/sales a call, but it's too late to do tonight. I'll try tomorrow.

radish
2009-11-17, 20:23
The price from logitech.com hasn't changed. If you bought it from a different retailer (e.g. Amazon) who are currently selling it for less, then you could contact them - but I wouldn't hold out much hope. I know Amazon used to do that kind of price matching, but they don't anymore. The official price hasn't changed, so Amazon could raise their price again at any time.

bubbasamdog
2009-11-18, 17:13
I contacted Logitech sales and they basically told me "too bad". They said that they have no policy regarding refunds or price matching lower prices.

He did say that I could return it, but I wouldn't get my refund for 4 to 6 weeks. Since my price difference is only $20 (I purchased it when it was on sale at $169), it's probably not worth my trouble.

I think the lesson, here, is to buy from an outlet with a return and price match policy that is a bit more favorable to the customer.

hungarianhc
2009-11-18, 17:26
Oh well thanks for the update. I'm just going to eat it and say too bad for me. On the bright side, I do want to buy another Squeezebox Radio in the near future, and now the barrier to entry is slightly lower!

jdoering
2009-11-18, 20:54
Thanks for the heads up! Now I'm glad I procrastinated on exchanging mine at Bestbuy due to a dead pixel. Looks like it's time to go and return + re-buy it :)

-Jeff

gweempose
2009-11-18, 21:28
If you bought it from a different retailer (e.g. Amazon) who are currently selling it for less, then you could contact them - but I wouldn't hold out much hope. I know Amazon used to do that kind of price matching, but they don't anymore.Actually, I'm pretty sure Amazon will refund you the difference if you bought it from them less than 30 days ago and they are now selling it for less. This, of course, only applies to purchases fulfilled directly by Amazon, and not by third-party sellers.

radish
2009-11-18, 22:04
Actually, I'm pretty sure Amazon will refund you the difference if you bought it from them less than 30 days ago and they are now selling it for less. This, of course, only applies to purchases fulfilled directly by Amazon, and not by third-party sellers.

Really? That used to be their official (published) policy and I used it a few times to great effect. However I remember them canceling it a while ago (and an ensuing uproar in their forums!). Maybe I'll try it next time I see a similar situation with one of my orders....I'm what they probably consider a good customer ;)

gweempose
2009-11-19, 09:52
I'm what they probably consider a good customer ;)I hear ya. I buy so many CDs, books and other random stuff from them, it almost seems like an Amazon package is arriving at my door daily. :D

vw195
2009-11-19, 09:56
Really? That used to be their official (published) policy and I used it a few times to great effect. However I remember them canceling it a while ago (and an ensuing uproar in their forums!). Maybe I'll try it next time I see a similar situation with one of my orders....I'm what they probably consider a good customer ;)

I also remember them canning that policy

iPhone
2009-11-19, 13:17
Isn't the point that "YOU" wanted it "NOW" so you ordered it when you did. If you ordered/bought it before the price went down at Best Buy or Amazon what is there to complain about? You bought it and got it when it cost what you paid for it.

I understand buying it from Amazon and having the price go down the next day, but in that case, Amazon will refund the difference within 30 days just for cases like this.

As far as Logitech goes, the price IS $199 so that is what is what. So if the price is $199 why would Logitech need to refund anything? There is no statement on the website that says they price match so nobody should be expecting that. Most manufactures that sell direct don't price match, why would they compete with their retail distribution chain. Either way its sold, they get the money. They get to keep more if they sell it for MSRP.