PDA

View Full Version : Dimmer not staying dim

Shaggadoo
2009-11-17, 15:53
Last couple of nights the clock on the radio would go from dimmed out to bright. The room is full dark with no change. Not sure if it has anything to do with firmware update that took place a couple of days ago, but sure is coincidental.

elziko
2009-11-19, 04:59
Tere is a bug where dimming when the Radio is in the off state doesn't do the same thing as dimming when in the on state - maybe that is your problem?:

https://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=14986

Shaggadoo
2009-11-19, 16:48
I don't think this is same. Radio is in the off/clock setting when I go to bed. Lights out radio auto-dims all the way down. During the night, 6am, 2am, 4am, or other (seems random) the clock is about half dim. Not full bright but enough to wake me shinning in my face.

ModelCitizen
2009-11-21, 03:53
I don't think this is same. Radio is in the off/clock setting when I go to bed. Lights out radio auto-dims all the way down. During the night, 6am, 2am, 4am, or other (seems random) the clock is about half dim. Not full bright but enough to wake me shinning in my face.

I think I might get this but only when I do not turn it off and fall asleep with a playlist going (which ends after I am asleep).

BTW. My radio is about 12" (300mm) away from my face and the edge of my (white sheeted) bed. How far is yours away from a reflective surface? I ask as during Boom beta testing it was found that the reflections of the Booms own display were affecting the light meter and hence the brightness of the screen.

I am hoping Logitech fit the Radio with the same brightness controls included with the Boom.

MC

Shaggadoo
2009-11-21, 09:21
Mine is about 2 feet from me. While light surfaces, night stand and bedding, they are not white and don't think they would be doing too much to reflect.

Shaggadoo
2009-11-21, 11:41
When it gets brighter at night the background of the clock is not plain black, but a gradient from black to white.

EDIT: The gradient clock I am seeing is the plain digital clock and not the black digital clock. I do not have the plain digital clock selected in any of the screensaver settings.

AdrianC4x4
2010-01-23, 01:41
I also noticed this strange brightness level occurence also this morning, when in that zone between darkness and the light of the morning. Its as if the radio cannot make up its mind whether its light or dark and the display works as "digital" ie bright or dim, rather than shades of dim if that makes sense.
When I cover the sensor to emulate dark, it goes dim and under bright light, bright but when in that middle zone.... its anyone's guess!

Hardware design I'd say. Auto dim circuit not entirely up to the job.

By the way, for me when dim its very dim, when bright very bright!
What do other's experience with this functionality?

ModelCitizen
2010-01-23, 02:15
I'm on 7.5. Also there was a radio firmware update last night and I am talking from experience of the firmware before this... which actually sorted out my dimming problems. That firmware introduced a minimum brightness slider which works well. Previously to that my radio would not go dim enough (and others people's went too dim).

I've experienced some annoying fluctuations between dim and bright, but not at all recently.

MC