PDA

View Full Version : Wireless via Linksys or Squeezebox

jonhan
2009-11-17, 12:13
I'm using a Linksys WRT54G (running the DD-WRT firmware) as a wireless access point for my blue-ray and tv to connect to the main router. I'm considering also hooking up my SB3 to it and run the SB3 as ethernet attached, letting the WRT54G handle the wireless. Would the WRT54G have better wireless throughput than the SB3 ?

brucegrr
2009-11-17, 12:29
You don't want more than one wireless hop. (regardless of what equipment you have)

pski
2009-11-18, 15:16
I'm using a Linksys WRT54G (running the DD-WRT firmware) as a wireless access point for my blue-ray and tv to connect to the main router. I'm considering also hooking up my SB3 to it and run the SB3 as ethernet attached, letting the WRT54G handle the wireless. Would the WRT54G have better wireless throughput than the SB3 ?

I'm not sure it would make any difference since your wireless hop is G. If your wireless were N, it would make sense to wire the SB3 to the bridge because the main hop would be faster overall.

It would be interesting to see if there were any difference.. why don't you try it both ways and use network test to verify the results.

p