PDA

View Full Version : Streaming Sirius for 5-20 mins makes the Radio REBOOT

cornflakeguy
2009-11-14, 15:58
I have had 2 Radios for a week now, and even after all the reinstalling, and defaulting, and unplugging and replugging I have done on them for other issues, this issue still remains.

I can stream anything for hours on end, but Sirius will reboot the Radio after 5 to 20 mins.

Thoughts?

thanks!

FredFredrickson
2009-11-16, 08:46
Hi there. To the best of my knowledge sirius is a WMA stream. There is a known bug affecting all WMA content, which is currently slated to be fixed in 7.5

Please do vote for this bug if WMA is a high priority for you.

https://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=14489

Rhuurrr
2009-12-28, 13:30
I'm having the same issue. I bought into the Squeezebox product line specifically because I could stream Sirius Satellite radio. Very dissapointed and i hope this issue is resolved soon.

eneisch
2009-12-28, 19:30
Thsnks for the Bugzilla link. I voted for it as I am having the same issue. I revceived my unit as a gift and, while I like it very much, was dissapointed at this issue. Hope the 7.5 update provides a fix as this is will be one of my primary uses for the radio. In the meantime there is plenty of other exploring to be done!

eap
2009-12-28, 20:23
I have had 2 Radios for a week now, and even after all the reinstalling, and defaulting, and unplugging and replugging I have done on them for other issues, this issue still remains.

I can stream anything for hours on end, but Sirius will reboot the Radio after 5 to 20 mins.

Thoughts?

thanks!

Weird. I'm not having this issue at all. And I only stream sirius for the most part.

jrebeiro
2009-12-29, 22:29
Weird. I'm not having this issue at all. And I only stream sirius for the most part.

Same here, I almost exclusively stream Sirius and have never had a problem with rebooting. I have seen frequent reboots when playing media off my SB Server.

Chico
2009-12-29, 23:40
I thought I was impervious to this bug as well, but while streaming Sirius for about an hour last week, my radio rebooted. It did it again a few days ago.

FredFredrickson
2010-01-04, 09:04
It is very sporatic, but yes, as far as I can see, the bug is still there.

steve781
2011-04-14, 18:59
Of all the quirks in the SB software, this one is the worst for me. On both my Radio and Touch I'm unable to play a Sirius stream for much more than an hour (usually about an hour and ten minutes on my Touch) before the stream stops and the radio/touch reboots. Based upon the date on the OP, this has been a long standing problem. Right now I'm on 7.5.2 (due to SBS hangs), but I know the problem also happens at 7.5.3, I haven't (dared) try 7.5.4 or 7.6 yet.

Does anyone know what the specific issue is? Will Logitech ever fix the problem? It sure would be nice to play a stream for more than an hour with incurring a reboot.

Steve