PDA

View Full Version : Preset buttons on the Boom

sirozha
2009-11-13, 09:02
I have read somewhere that the first six Favorites set in SBS automatically map to the six preset buttons on the Boom. With SBC 7.4.1 running on the ReadyNAS Pro, this has not been my experience. The Favorites configured in SBS do not map to the Boom's preset buttons. To get a URL on the Boom's preset button, I have to add it through the Boom's menu, which is extremely cumbersome - I don't like the way Boom's menus function at all. I control the Boom with iPeng, so the Boom's menu don't bother me as long as I can have the preset buttons configured from the SBS 7.4.1

Am I missing something here or is there a problem with the way Favorits in SBS and presets on the Boom map to each other?

jrichardson
2009-11-13, 09:26
in 7.4.x Favorites and Presets were separated.

Presets are now Player Specific (must be set via the buttons ON the player)

Favorites are Server Specific (must be set via the WebUI for that server, or via the Context Menu from a player attached to a specific server)

iPeng is a 3rd party applet, you will need to contact the app designer for information on how it handles presets/favorites on a player/server basis.

aubuti
2009-11-13, 09:32
The Favorites and Presets behavior changed with 7.4.0. This is a good thing, because it allows for different presets for different players, rather than having the Favorites (which are server-level) dictate the same presets for all players.

For internet radio, just get the station playing on the Boom (perhaps selecting it from your Favorites), then press and hold the preset button for a few seconds, and it will save it to your preset, just like a car radio. For playlists the procedure is similar, but slightly different.

MikeekiM
2010-01-14, 09:55
The Favorites and Presets behavior changed with 7.4.0. This is a good thing, because it allows for different presets for different players, rather than having the Favorites (which are server-level) dictate the same presets for all players.

For internet radio, just get the station playing on the Boom (perhaps selecting it from your Favorites), then press and hold the preset button for a few seconds, and it will save it to your preset, just like a car radio. For playlists the procedure is similar, but slightly different.

I can't figure out how to set a Pandora "station" as a preset... I press and hold the preset button, but it never gets associated with the button... Is there anything in the SC UI that allows me to manually manipulate preset settings?

Or better yet... Can anyone tell me how to set a pandora station as a preset? (just need the answer really)...

Thanks!

MikeekiM
2010-01-14, 09:57
I can't figure out how to set a Pandora "station" as a preset... I press and hold the preset button, but it never gets associated with the button... Is there anything in the SC UI that allows me to manually manipulate preset settings?

Or better yet... Can anyone tell me how to set a pandora station as a preset? (just need the answer really)...

Thanks!

Nevermind... It is apparently a known bug...

http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=57636&highlight=pandora+presets