PDA

View Full Version : Squeezecenter to stream to many rooms?

snow
2009-11-13, 05:11
I'm wondering if it is possible to setup a computer/server with squeezecenter to stream to many rooms without having a squeezebox in the other end.

Example, in my bathroom, i just want speakers, not a squeezebox of some sort. I want it to be controlled by a ipod touch(ipeng). And to the connect the speakers i want to run dLANŽ Audio extender Starter Kit( http://www.devolo.com/consumer/6_dlan-audio-extender_starter-kit_product-presentation_1.html?l=en ).

Is this possible?

Slabber
2009-11-13, 05:41
Example, in my bathroom, i just want speakers, not a squeezebox of some sort.
Well...the Devolo product looks like it needs a plug socket in the bathroom. Normally this is no-no - at least in the UK.

snow
2009-11-13, 05:56
Thats not a problem here, it's gonna be locatedet on top of a shelf:)

I've also read something about possible to run multiple SqueezeSlave on a pc to run to different rooms?

bernt
2009-11-13, 06:32
Thats not a problem here, it's gonna be locatedet on top of a shelf:)

I've also read something about possible to run multiple SqueezeSlave on a pc to run to different rooms?

Yes, you can run one Squeezeslave per audio output on the same pc. Vortexbox do that by default I think.

radish
2009-11-13, 08:26
I don't know how much that Devolo thing is, but if you just put an SBR in each room you'd get what you wanted pretty cheaply. Also think about a boom/radio.