PDA

View Full Version : My Squeezebox Keeps Rebuffering HELP!

TurnipFarmer
2009-11-13, 04:46
I have not listened to my flac collection for a while but since upgrading to 7.4.1 I keep getting rebuffering issues, it happens on each track I listen to and its getting on my nerves.

Is there a fix to this? I have not changed anything on my setup and it use to work fine before upgrade

TurnipFarmer
2009-11-13, 04:55
just done a network test but not sure which kps to select as I run flac files but at 500kps I am getting an average of 88%, is that good?

TurnipFarmer
2009-11-13, 05:29
I find that it only struggles to buffer at the start of a song and also I don't get any buffer issues when listening to last.fm

Mnyb
2009-11-13, 07:42
just done a network test but not sure which kps to select as I run flac files but at 500kps I am getting an average of 88%, is that good?

No it's not good flac is aproximately 800kps you need moore .

The test is such that you should test increasingly higher rates for a couple of minutes the maximum rate that can hold near 100% for a prolonged time is the max kps rate you can expect to play stutter free.

My wifi flutters between 2000-4000 depending on the weather (my now 14 neighboring networks) Ethernet cabled players get 5000 all day long.

To rule out the if is the server or the wifi, connect the player with an cable and run the tests (it's usually the wifi but you have to be sure ).

Btw is the server wired ? if the server is also wireless, you are using double wifi hoops so you use 2 times the bandwidth, first to the wifi AP then from it so it sees twice the load. If you are planning on streaming lossles files with high bandwith demands use as much wires you can, at least wire the server machine to the router.

Mnyb
2009-11-13, 07:53
I find that it only struggles to buffer at the start of a song and also I don't get any buffer issues when listening to last.fm

Lover bitrate, what are Last FM streaming at ?

toby10
2009-11-13, 11:17
Lover bitrate, what are Last FM streaming at ?

TurnipFarmer
2009-11-20, 04:43
Just ran another test today and I am results are fine. Everything seems all ok now.

One thing I did notice that there was a new wireless network nearby that kept coming dropping and then appearing again and I think this did have an effect on my SB for some reason, never had this problem before. Can other networks interfear with your SB?

toby10
2009-11-20, 06:03
Just ran another test today and I am results are fine. Everything seems all ok now.

One thing I did notice that there was a new wireless network nearby that kept coming dropping and then appearing again and I think this did have an effect on my SB for some reason, never had this problem before. Can other networks interfear with your SB?

Nearby strong WiFi signals can certainly interfere with other WiFi networks and devices.
But if that new signal is so weak that it appears and disappears every few minutes then it is likely not strong enough to cause issues for your SB3.
Or, do you mean it is a very strong WiFi signal near by that is being turned on and off frequently?