Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ronbo
    • May 2009

Fall back alarm

Hello all. first post so be gentle with me. Is there any way to lower the volume of the fall back alarm on radio. I set alarm on sbs and server/pc failed in night. Nearly hit roof when fall back fired. Tried to simulate this during day (setting alarm and then shutting down pc) and got same result, some really funky tune at full blast. really enjoying radio and boom .(apart from changing bedsheets)
  • halveraner
    • Nov 2009

You can set the alarm volume level, the fallback alarm goes off at this level, too. (At least with my SBR)

Greetz, Halveraner

Comment

• ronbo
      • May 2009

Thanks for your reply hal. im sure i tried that but i'll check it again.

Comment

• mpower9
        • Oct 2009

I have had the back up alarm go off a few times. There was never any funky music, just an ordinary alarm beep tone which seemed to be at the same level that I set the radio for. Not too loud.

Comment

• bluegaspode
          • Jul 2009

Originally posted by ronbo
          Hello all. first post so be gentle with me. Is there any way to lower the volume of the fall back alarm on radio. I set alarm on sbs and server/pc failed in night. Nearly hit roof when fall back fired. Tried to simulate this during day (setting alarm and then shutting down pc) and got same result, some really funky tune at full blast
          You describe what what I posted as a bug-report (http://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=14870), see especially comment #13.
          I also had this funky sound - and sometimes also some beeping.
          Unfortunately logitech QA doesn't seem to be able to reproduce it

But good to know that there is at least a second person
          Did you know: SqueezePlayer will stream all your music to your Android device. Take your music everywhere!
          Remote Control + Streaming to your iPad? Squeezebox + iPad = SqueezePad
          Want to see a Weather Forecast on your Radio/Touch/Controller ? => why not try my Weather Forecast Applet
          Want to use the Headphones with your Controller ? => why not try my Headphone Switcher Applet

Comment

• ronbo
            • May 2009

Thanks for answering all. Bluegaspode thats exactly the problem i have. I will check out the report you posted.

Comment

• Soulkeeper
              • Dec 2009

What tune is it?

It sounds like a loop of some funky tune by The Talking Heads.

Where does the sample really come from?

(I have no idea why the Radio started playing the fallback alarm this morning. After pressing "next song", it went on playing random FLACs from my server, just like I've instructed it to do.)

Comment

• bluegaspode
                • Jul 2009

Originally posted by Soulkeeper
                If you search Amazon US for the Duet (http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0013IWYHU) there is a video available (below the big product photo) that has a longer version of that tune (someone singing as well).

Maybe someone can run it through these music recognition systems?
                Did you know: SqueezePlayer will stream all your music to your Android device. Take your music everywhere!
                Remote Control + Streaming to your iPad? Squeezebox + iPad = SqueezePad
                Want to see a Weather Forecast on your Radio/Touch/Controller ? => why not try my Weather Forecast Applet
                Want to use the Headphones with your Controller ? => why not try my Headphone Switcher Applet

Comment

• furtive
                  • Dec 2008

I get the full volume funky tune alarm if my Radio loses connection to my SbS (the wireless icon turns blue). Scares the life out of me when it happens!
                  Squeezebox Boom - dining room
                  Squeezebox Radio - bedroom
                  Squeezeplay on a Joggler - kitchen

Comment

• kidstypike
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Soulkeeper

The track is FaFaFa by Datarock

"Fa Fa Fa" by Datarock from Datarock Datarock, available now. Download on iTunes: http://smarturl.it/qzlutaLinks:http://www.facebook.com/datarockhttp://twitt...
                    Last edited by kidstypike; 2011-01-25, 19:04. Reason: typo
                    Pi5 .. pCP 9beta5 .. LMS 8.4 -- nomysqueezebox
                    Study - Pi2B .. S.M.S.L SU-1 .. Q Acoustics M20
                    Snug/TV .. DAC32 .. Audio Engine B2
                    Spares - 1xSBTouch, 1xSB3, 4xRPi, AVI DM5 speakers

Comment

Working...