PDA

View Full Version : No sound after upgrading to 10.6.2

shiggi7
2009-11-11, 16:43
After the update to 10.6.2 I have no sound from my SliMP3. Slimserver runs, SliMP3 lights up and shows track playing, etc. - but nothing comes out of speakers. I triple checked all the hardware; out of ideas. Is this happening to anyone else?

pski
2009-11-11, 18:24
After the update to 10.6.2 I have no sound from my SliMP3. Slimserver runs, SliMP3 lights up and shows track playing, etc. - but nothing comes out of speakers. I triple checked all the hardware; out of ideas. Is this happening to anyone else?

10.6.2 of what?

P

shiggi7
2009-11-11, 18:30
OS X - the recent patch to Snow Leopard. I may have installed something LAME earlier. In any case, I can not figure out WTF I can't stream to my SliMP3 no more.

danco
2009-11-12, 01:06
Check the Sound preferences, and maybe reboot a couple of times.

There are a number of reports that this upgrade resets the preferences.

cunobelinus@mac.com
2009-11-12, 03:12
Here's another one. It reset mine. However, that was only the preference for sound produced directly from the computer (preference changed from output via my plug-in speakers to output via my Focusrite Saffire) not from anything to do with Squeezecenter. Squeezeboxes were not affected.

On 12 Nov 2009, at 08:06, danco wrote:

>
> Check the Sound preferences, and maybe reboot a couple of times.
>
> There are a number of reports that this upgrade resets the preferences.
>
>
> --
> danco
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> danco's Profile: http://forums.slimdevices.com/member.php?userid=210
> View this thread: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=71298
>
>

shiggi7
2009-11-12, 07:14
Thank you for your suggestions. I tried a clean install, rebooting ... still no sound coming out of the SliMP3. The display lights up and shows the track playing in the Squeezebox Server, everything seems fine except there's no sound.

avta
2009-11-12, 08:21
Shiggi: Would you mind describing you system? Sometimes that makes it easier to guess what's going on. One thing I've had happen a few times is to have a mute button pushed somewhere and not realize it. Also be sure you have the correct player selected in Squeezeserver.

shiggi7
2009-11-12, 08:25
Ah! Success. Updated firmware to 2.3, did another clean reinstall, rebooted and rebooted again, player seems to be working now. In the process I had a chance to (or was forced to) take a closer look at the 7.4.1 software and was somewhat surprised - what a f'ng piece of sheet, all sorts of things that should default to off are turned on. How much does it cost to have your LP included as an "app" ? <shaking head and snickering>

shiggi7
2009-11-27, 18:43
sound cut out during Thanksgiving dinner last night after playing for several hours and I have been unable to get it to work again. There seems to be some issue with the Squeezebox Server on OS X Snow Leopard - the control panel for the server was frozen. I rebooted and the control panel seemed normal again but no sound comes out of the speakers. The Slimp3 looks normal - it shows the track playing information and all, but no signal comes out of the RCA jacks on the back of it. I spent several hours f'in around with this last time and I've about had it. This application is broken. Any suggestions? Anyone else experiencing problems with Squeezebox Server on OS X 10.6.2?