"You are not authorized"=Sirius & "You are logged in in another location"=Slacker

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mkanet
    • Oct 2006

"You are not authorized"=Sirius & "You are logged in in another location"=Slacker

In the past, I've just been shrugging it off when I sometimes get the "you are not authorized to listen" message for Sirius or "You are logged in another location" for Slacker. I just select the station again and push play again and it works the next time. However, they're starting to get pretty annoying. I'm hoping to prevent unnecessary error messages if possible.

Are these two errors related? Are they known issues? When doing searches, I do find references to these messages, but didnt find a solution.

When I get these messages, my other clients arent even on. I have never given my account information to anyone else before. Is there a way to prevent these bogus errors from showing?

I've seen this ever since server version 7.0. I still see it in 7.4.
  • andyg
    Former Squeezebox Guy
    • Jan 2006

Both of these errors occur when the backend Sirius/Slacker servers tell us your account is being used somewhere else and that we need to stop streaming to you. Unfortunately it's hard to track down the source of this problem if you really aren't using your account on another PC or device.

Comment

• toby10
      • Jul 2007

You can try logging your computer onto those accounts, then make sure you click on "log off" before you exit their web page.
      Might be that your computer is still logged into the providers online account (or those services think your computer is logged in).
      Worth a shot to check.

Also try doing the same with your MySB.com account, completely log off your computer from any MySB login. Then try to access those services from the hardware player.
      I know for a while some providers considered your computer logged into MySB and the hardware player as two distinct login's and would not function.
      This may have been corrected since then and may no longer apply.

Comment

• mkanet
        • Oct 2006

Thanks for the quick reply Andy. Does this mean that there's actually someone trying to use my account logins? It seems more plausible that connections arent handled correctly from the source all the way to the client playing back the audio verses someone outside my home logging in using my accounts. My slacker account is free.

If there isnt actually someone logging in my with accounts somewhere else, is the problem with my clients? Are there instances where this happens on certain clients verses others under certain circumstances? I would like to at least know where to start looking.

Thanks again for any help you can offer Andy.

Comment

• mkanet
          • Oct 2006

I dont login anywhere else. I only use my squeezebox clients.

Originally posted by toby10
          You can try logging your computer onto those accounts, then make sure you click on "log off" before you exit their web page.
          Might be that your computer is still logged into the providers online account (or those services think your computer is logged in).
          Worth a shot to check.

Also try doing the same with your MySB.com account, completely log off your computer from any MySB login. Then try to access those services from the hardware player.
          I know for a while some providers considered your computer logged into MySB and the hardware player as two distinct login's and would not function.
          This may have been corrected since then and may no longer apply.

Comment

• cornflakeguy
            • Oct 2009

Same here and I've been getting that scrolling across the top of my Radio since day 1.

Comment

• mkanet
              • Oct 2006

I am curious how we go about fixing this problem. It's obviously reproducible; and, not an isolated incident.

Comment

• qtech
                • Feb 2010

Issue back on radar

Hello,

I have signed up for Sirius/XM online couple of days ago to get my SbRadio online. I setup the Sirius/XM via phone and got online to verify my access was correct. Everything was setup correctly. I logout online Sirius/XM account. Went into SBS and setup for Sirius/XM plugins and account access.

I factory default my SbRadio and setup for SBS and connected. I menu to Sirius Radio and play favorite stations. It play for hour and then music stopped "You are not authorized". This was confusing as I know my account was setup correctly.

I even reboote my computer to make sure it flush all logins and account access reset. Still after couple of hour playing Sirius, same thing "Your are not authorized".

How can I get rid of the connection authentication issue?

Much appreciate any help.

Comment

• mkanet
                  • Oct 2006

There seems to be a couple of different issues related to this. The first issue can be resolved by defining more than one account for each music service on mysqueezebox.com (for example, I now have two Internet user accounts for sirius/xm radio (which I pay extra for). I also have two users accounts defined for the other subscription based music services on mysqueezebox.com. This at least protects this issue from happening every 5-10 minutes.

However,

There is another related issue with the mysqueezebox.com backend in respect to problem; whether the developers want to admit it or not. I'm using a completely different setup than you (using good old faithful softsqueeze.jar clients. This issue seems to happen even in cases where there are only one player. However, any little hickcup; such as a pause in the audio stream; caused by another possibly unrelated TCP/IP connection with a greater QOS precedence (disrupting the currently playing autio stream, is enough to trigger this error message when trying to recover from it and playback from the same subscription based music provider.

Unfortunately, no matter how many people complain about this or post bug reports; dont seem to get a definitive fix for this. I'm guessing most of the developers are either dialed into the logitech network via VPN or physically close to their mysqueezebox.com server(s) which would reduce the likelyhood of the audio stream getting disrupted.

I guess if I had a dedicated point-point circuit to the mysqueezebox.com server or on the same LAN, I wouldn't have this issue unless mysqueezebox.com server is bogged down with too many user requests being proxied from the music provider source.

There are probably settings in Squeezebox server which can increase the streaming buffer; but, could possibly cause other adverse side effects. I only have the default 3 second buffer under audio settings using LAME at full quality and no transcoding (original bitrate from music provider). I also have a high quality sustainable 62mbps downstream Internet connection; which is definitely not the issue.

We are at the mercy of a developer kind enough to investigate this issue. I dont want to open up multiple duplicate bug reports. They will either fix this issue or not. I never had this issue before Logitech came into the scene and the backend was changed.

-MKA

Originally posted by qtech
                  Hello,

I have signed up for Sirius/XM online couple of days ago to get my SbRadio online. I setup the Sirius/XM via phone and got online to verify my access was correct. Everything was setup correctly. I logout online Sirius/XM account. Went into SBS and setup for Sirius/XM plugins and account access.

I factory default my SbRadio and setup for SBS and connected. I menu to Sirius Radio and play favorite stations. It play for hour and then music stopped "You are not authorized". This was confusing as I know my account was setup correctly.

I even reboote my computer to make sure it flush all logins and account access reset. Still after couple of hour playing Sirius, same thing "Your are not authorized".

How can I get rid of the connection authentication issue?

Much appreciate any help.

Comment

• mkanet
                    • Oct 2006

It happened again. I tried using direct stream instead of proxied audio stream... however, I got the same result. I am certain I dont have any players using this same slacker account. It's pretty straight forward to setup. Whatever it is, there needs an adjustment to the backend which handles Internet subscrption based services. I never EVER see this happen to my radio stations which go directly to the source instead of depending on the clunky logitech subscriber proxies. One way to fix it is to revert back to what you guys had back before Logitech got a hold of your backend services; although, there were less services that were supported. This issue never happened using Squeezecenter 7.2.1 and whatever the backend was at the time.

Comment

• qtech
                      • Feb 2010

Thanks for the information...it was helpful to understand the systemic issues that has been reported. Since I am running the SBS and SBRadio on a corp network, I could have QOS enable and manage the traffic. How do I go about looking for network specs/requirement that I can provide to our corp NT engineers.

The ports for traffic to allow firewall permission:
                      •Port number: 3483 (TCP) - Name: SlimServer Control
                      •Port number: 3483 (UDP) - Name: SlimDiscovery
                      •Port Number: 9000 (TCP) - Name: SlimServer Web

I like to test in our corporate environment.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

• qtech
                        • Feb 2010

An update on using XM Online plugins vs. Sirius plugins. I have loaded this afternoon using XM Radio Online (v3.5.1) by Neil. It's been solid so far 6 hrs.

Comment

• mkanet
                          • Oct 2006

I dont want to burst your bubble... I'm one of our firewall engineers for a US Federal Agency I cant disclose.... and, allowing those access-lists will not help the this issue. I have a strong suspicion this issue is related to some sort of ghost/duplicate account mishandled by mysqueezebox.com... in certain cases when there's obviously only one client at your home playing a single stream.

This might be related to timing/time-outs when switching radio stations/songs; and, mysqueezebox.com NOT telling the music provider that the audio stream has stopped. The music service is tolerant for a short while under the same account to play two different radio stations for a ew minutes or so (length of the song), but eventually, it will stop your current stream.

Thanks for the information...it was helpful to understand the systemic issues that has been reported. Since I am running the SBS and SBRadio on a corp network, I could have QOS enable and manage the traffic. How do I go about looking for network specs/requirement that I can provide to our corp NT engineers.

The ports for traffic to allow firewall permission:
                          •Port number: 3483 (TCP) - Name: SlimServer Control
                          •Port number: 3483 (UDP) - Name: SlimDiscovery
                          •Port Number: 9000 (TCP) - Name: SlimServer Web

I like to test in our corporate environment.

Thanks for the help.

Comment

• mkanet
                            • Oct 2006

This is an issue with slacker as well. (Read above theory)....

An update on using XM Online plugins vs. Sirius plugins. I have loaded this afternoon using XM Radio Online (v3.5.1) by Neil. It's been solid so far 6 hrs.

Comment

• JJZolx
                              • Apr 2005

I gave up on Slacker a long time ago due to this issue.

Comment

Working...