PDA

View Full Version : SB is playing another song than requested

audiofille
2009-11-07, 11:28
Since I upgraded from 3.x to 4.x my duet is playing another song than the one requested. It plays another song from the displayed set of songs. More specifically, when drilling down to a specific album or artist it will not play the selected song but another one from that album or artist. What's more, it seems that it plays a random song of that album. If you ask the same song over and over it will give you other numbers from that list.
Tried 4.1 and now 4.2, still the same. Tried cleanup, full rescan, still the same. There is no problem when selecting a specific song via the localhost:9000 app.

More information:
- I'm a SQ newbie
- OS X 10.5
- iTunes 9

Any ideas what could be causing this? Thx.

snarlydwarf
2009-11-07, 12:05
Since I upgraded from 3.x to 4.x my duet is playing another song than the one requested. It plays another song from the displayed set of songs. More specifically, when drilling down to a specific album or artist it will not play the selected song but another one from that album or artist. What's more, it seems that it plays a random song of that album. If you ask the same song over and over it will give you other numbers from that list.

Is 'shuffle' on?

Ie, you have 'play other songs in album' on, so choosing a track queues the whole album but places you at track 3... except shuffle is on, so it just shuffles the whole album.

For reasons I have never understood, 'shuffle' is the default on a new install.

audiofille
2009-11-07, 12:47
Is 'shuffle' on?

Ie, you have 'play other songs in album' on, so choosing a track queues the whole album but places you at track 3... except shuffle is on, so it just shuffles the whole album.

For reasons I have never understood, 'shuffle' is the default on a new install.

I see. Shuffle is indeed on. Ok, if I set shuffle Off it works correctly. Thanks!!!

But still, I don't think this is very intuitive. In the 3.x version, this worked correctly even when shuffle was ON. If I remember correctly there was a first item 'play album'. It seems to be replaced by pressing the PLAY button on the album name (instead of going into the album).
I typically switch between a Playlist (so I want it to shuffle) and a specific song that I want to listen to (and now shuffle needs to be off).

thanks for your answer