PDA

View Full Version : Bug possibly in KitchenTimer or MusicInfoScr

bstrulo
2009-11-07, 02:45
I installed both plugins (can't remember the order) using the automatic install in SBS (I'm running version 7.4.1 - r28913).

Later I decided to get rid of MusicInfoScr and so unchecked it on the plugin screen and restarted.

I now get "KitchenTimer: No active timers!" popping up on my SB3 every few minutes. I'm not sure if this is a bug in KitchenTimer or if MusicInfoSCr is involved or what but it's sure annoying. I'm not even sure that it started exactly when I uninstalled MusicInfoScr - sorry - not a brilliant bug report, I know.

Uninstalling KitchenTimer "fixes it" in the sense that the message no longer pops up, but as soon as I put KitchenTimer back, it starts up again.

Can I fix it so I can get KitchenTimer back? I could try going back to factory settings (I don't know how) but I don't want to lose my TrackStat statistics and I'd rather not lose all my settings (though I could live with that).

Suggestions, anyone?

peterw
2009-11-07, 06:00
Please check your screensaver settings. KT's screensaver will display that if there's nothing to report, so it sounds like you may have set KT as your When Stopped screensaver; you probably only want to use the KT screensaver in conjunction w/ SaverSwitcher.

bstrulo
2009-11-07, 09:49
You're right! That was the problem - the screensaver had become set to Kitchen Timer.

Now, I'm going to claim that it was reset to that when I uninstalled MusicInfoScr (certainly I would never have deliberately chosen it). Which, you could argue, is a (very minor) bug.

But maybe it was just a case of fat fingers...

Thanks.