PDA

View Full Version : Connecting to my Squeezebox.com

MeSue
2009-11-06, 09:19
Hello,

I am visiting my sister and brought my Squeezebox Radio along for the weekend. I connected to her network fine, but I can't get it connected to mysqueezebox.com. The home menu just shows My Music and Settings. When I go to My Music, all it does is search for my server at home. When I go into settings > Network and choose connect to mysqueezebox.com, it just does the "bump" animation. When I go to mysqueezebox.com it shows the player as connected.

The last time I took the Radio on the road, I connected it to mysqueezebox.com before leaving home with it, but I forgot to do that this time.

Any ideas on what else I can try?

Billiam43
2009-11-06, 15:41
I've only used my home network but the manual says this:

To change wireless networks, go to:
Settings>Advanced>Networking>Choose Network>Connect to wireless network

You should be able to see the WiFi network where you're now located.
Just select it and then enter any necessary password if it's encrypted

Bill

Billiam43
2009-11-06, 16:20
Sorry but I misread your letter. You're not having trouble changing networks, just connecting to mysqueezebox. I'm at a loss.

funkstar
2009-11-06, 16:27
Any ideas on what else I can try?
Factory reset?

Will force it to forget about your home server and assume a new instalation from scratch.

MeSue
2009-11-06, 18:33
Factory reset?

Will force it to forget about your home server and assume a new instalation from scratch.

Yeah, I guess I'll have to do that if I get desperate. For now I'll just keep using the line in with my iPod. I'm not too keen on re-entering their really long network passcode again.

But isn't it supposed to switch automatically when it doesn't find a local server? I thought that was one of the big changes in 7.4 firmware... or is it still half baked?

JJZolx
2009-11-06, 21:11
But isn't it supposed to switch automatically when it doesn't find a local server? I thought that was one of the big changes in 7.4 firmware... or is it still half baked?

I don't think so. I believe it remains unconnected to any server until you attempt to use a service that requires mysb.com, then it switches.

It sounds like maybe it _is_ connected to mysb.com. Can you use any of the music services?

MeSue
2009-11-07, 06:41
I don't think so. I believe it remains unconnected to any server until you attempt to use a service that requires mysb.com, then it switches.

It sounds like maybe it _is_ connected to mysb.com. Can you use any of the music services?

No, I can't access them because the only thing showing in the Home menu is My Music, Line In, and Settings.