PDA

View Full Version : Applets / plugins for SB Radio

marq
2009-11-05, 12:44
Just got my red Squeezebox Radio (love it!) and it's been a number of years since I've messed with slimserver (I had a Roku way back when).

Anyhow, I see a number of plugins for the older Slim products, but which ones are compatible with the Radio (if not all)?

I specifically want to find an alternate screensaver. I see there's a nice weather applet posted in this forum, but I was having trouble getting it to load up since I'm running the 7.4 version of the server (I found where to add a repository, but I can't find where to activate the applet...there's no Settings -> Advanced -> Applet Installer). I ended up getting lost and installing the Weather, Date, Time screensaver by Martin Rehfeld instead.

bluegaspode
2009-11-05, 15:25
If you don't find Settings->Advanced->Applet Installer, then

1) reboot your radio (long hold the power button)
Sometimes the Applet-Installer menu just disappears and reappears after a fresh boot. Don't know why.

2) If that doesn't help, go to Settings->Home Menu.
You will find the Applet Installer there and can activate it to show in the home menu.

Hope this helps.

marq
2009-11-05, 22:47
Uh...I'm embarassed. I was looking on the squeezeserver, not my SB Radio. Thanks!

jeanwedding
2009-11-05, 23:52
What is this about a screensaver "weather ,time "?
Thanks
Jean

bluegaspode
2009-11-06, 00:21
What is this about a screensaver "weather ,time "?

For the radio/controller/touch:
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=68386

For Boom/Classic:
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=14327

peterw
2009-11-06, 06:18
Uh...I'm embarassed. I was looking on the squeezeserver, not my SB Radio. Thanks!

You shouldn't be embarassed; for years we've said things like "player settings" as shorthand for web -> settings -> player, but now that's ambiguous. It would be better if a different word were used for on-player options, like Configuration.
There's a similar problem with Controller. When it's controlling a player with a screen, it's unclear whether the "settings" on the Controller apply to its display or that of the player it's currently controlling. I think this problem is likely to become more obvious as Logitech phases out the old gear and we end up with the same options for the displays of Controller and all the new players.

jeanwedding
2009-11-14, 18:12
I went to settings etc and screensaver and applets installer. I dont see any weather applet. How do we do folders etc and get it to our own squeezebox radio????
Thank you
Jean

aubuti
2009-11-14, 18:50
Did you add the applet author's repository to your list under SBS Settings > Plugins > Additional repositories? His repository is: http://www.stagessound.de/bluegaspode.xml

Did you follow the other step-by-step instructions shown in the thread that he referenced: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=68386

jeanwedding
2009-11-14, 20:26
I dont see any weather applets on my squeezebox radio. Tried to get that Url you mentioned but said url was bad.
I was supp to to go to squeezebox server right by clicking change library on my actual radio itself, too ??? then at server control panel.... and enable and check stuff there under .....Advance box .....the tab saying "plug in" then ....apply..... then .....close. It said saved changes.
I dont understand
Jean

bluegaspode
2009-11-15, 03:21
I dont see any weather applets on my squeezebox radio. Tried to get that Url you mentioned but said url was bad.
I was supp to to go to squeezebox server right by clicking change library on my actual radio itself, too ??? then at server control panel.... and enable and check stuff there under .....Advance box .....the tab saying "plug in" then ....apply..... then .....close. It said saved changes.
I dont understand
Jean

Could you explain what exactly didn't work, when you followed the wiki-instructions (http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/SqueezePlay_Applets#Applet_Installer) with my repository URL (http://www.stagessound.de/bluegaspode)

When you did everything correct, the URL should still be showing on your squeezbox-server under plugins.
Only if that is working you can try to install the applet on the radio.

jeanwedding
2009-11-16, 10:52
I push big button when it show install but nothing happens. just stays there. Once it urned off the actual radio and restarted. It played one of my presets. Tried again. But only place I see the Beta weather is under applet installer. I click the button under "install" I pushed the Big knob show current(04) or install(04) then it disappears off my logitech radio screen. and y current preset that im listening to come on the screen
DO i have to have my actual computer on for this plugin WEATHEr to work?????????????
Thank you
Jean

bluegaspode
2009-11-16, 11:36
I push big button when it show install but nothing happens. just stays there. Once it urned off the actual radio and restarted. It played one of my presets. Tried again. But only place I see the Beta weather is under applet installer. I click the button under "install" I pushed the Big knob show current(04) or install(04) then it disappears off my logitech radio screen. and y current preset that im listening to come on the screen
DO i have to have my actual computer on for this plugin WEATHEr to work?????????????
Thank you
Jean

I still have my problems understanding what you are doing.
I read that when you go to the applet-installer then you the the Weahter-Applet there. When you click it you see "current (0.4)" or "install (0.4)" which sounds as if you successfully installed the applet already.
Good !

As this is a screensafer now the last step is to activate it as a screensafer.
Go to Settings->Display->Screensafer (um - I'm not at home, but I think that was the path) and most likely choose the Not-Playing-Screensafer.
There you will find the Weather-Screensafer and can activate it.

Not just wait a moment and you should see some Weather.
As you most likely don't want to see the weather from Berlin, you can also configure your locations. This is also possible under Settings->Display-Screensafer.

Your server doesn't need to be on to use this applet. After installing it just works fine on the radio alone.

jeanwedding
2009-11-16, 13:14
Thank you Sir Bluegaspode it working Yeah Yeah doing a happy dance
I tried the screen saver settings many times but that was before it actually showed under the Applet Installer on my actual squeezbox radio.
Its fabulous. But where can I find my city code or airport code for wunderground.????
Thank you..........
Jean

bluegaspode
2009-11-16, 14:48
wow, never was addressed as 'sir' :)

Um - you should just put in your town and country like 'Berlin, Germany', 'London, England'.
In the original thread of the plugin you will also find a small discussion about possible values for US cities (but most likely 'city, state' will be sufficient).

If you put it in the search box at www.wunderground.com and it finds something that looks like your weather, it will be fine :)

jeanwedding
2009-11-17, 18:53
I just assumed, sorry, that you were a guy. We ought to list our gender by our name or handle. cause lots of "names" dont imply such.
But anyway I still thank you.
Thanks
Jean

sebp
2009-11-17, 19:18
He's a "Mister" guy who's not used to be treated like a "Sir" guy, that'a all ... :D

bluegaspode
2009-11-18, 01:09
He's a "Mister" guy who's not used to be treated like a "Sir" guy, that'a all ... :D

But I think I can get used to it :)