PDA

View Full Version : BBC iPlayer Squeezeboxserver

ModelCitizen
2009-11-05, 02:19
BBC iPlayer had disappeared from my Radio top level menu last night. It took me ages to figure out that it was because the radio had somehow become disconnected from my Squeezeboxserver and was instead connected to Mysqueezebox.com. Although the BBC iPlayer menu item reappeared when I navigated to My Music and the device reconnected to my local Squeezeboxserver it caused me confusion and wasted my time.

The relationship between a local Squeezeboxserver & Mysqueezebox.com needs sorting out quickly. At the moment it's terrible (don't get me started on favourites and presets).

MC

toby10
2009-11-05, 03:40
It sure can get confusing! To more easily figure out where Radio is at the moment (SBS or MySB) I changed Radio's name on MySB so at least from the Home Menu I have a clue which server I am on.

Maybe they could "default" all Radio & Touch names on MySB to something easily identifiable? i.e. until the user edits the player name on MySB the default player name while on MySB is "Radio MySB" or "Touch MySB".

It's no resolution to the confusing problem, but might better help users determine which server the player is currently connected to.

BodgeIT
2009-11-05, 03:57
I don't understand why the server itself can't connect to mysqueezebox and 'forward' all the features to devices connected to the server.

ModelCitizen
2009-11-05, 04:18
I don't understand why the server itself can't connect to mysqueezebox and 'forward' all the features to devices connected to the server.
Yes, you'd think something along these lines would be possible to avoid the current confusion.

MC