PDA

View Full Version : iPeng scrobble question

JeffHart
2009-11-04, 20:34
I'm still learning the iPeng UI and am hoping some one knows how to set a stream.mp3 player to scrobble from iPeng. Here's my setup:

SqueezeServer 7.4.1 running on an XP system with dyndns installed and port forwarding setup on the router. iPhone 3GS with iPeng. Using Safari to stream (www.server.com:9000/stream.mp3) and using iPeng to control. Works great on wifi and repectably on 3G - occasional signal drop streaming VBR mp3 and a 60 second + latency. If I check player settings in iPeng it shows that it's scrobbling, however it isn't. If I use the iPeng web UI it also shows that it's scrobbling, if I hit save it scribbles from that point on.

Is there a save capability in iPeng that I'm missing?

Thanks for any advice.

pippin
2009-11-05, 01:38
I'm still learning the iPeng UI and am hoping some one knows how to set a stream.mp3 player to scrobble from iPeng. Here's my setup:

SqueezeServer 7.4.1 running on an XP system with dyndns installed and port forwarding setup on the router. iPhone 3GS with iPeng. Using Safari to stream (www.server.com:9000/stream.mp3) and using iPeng to control. Works great on wifi and repectably on 3G - occasional signal drop streaming VBR mp3 and a 60 second + latency. If I check player settings in iPeng it shows that it's scrobbling, however it isn't. If I use the iPeng web UI it also shows that it's scrobbling, if I hit save it scribbles from that point on.

Is there a save capability in iPeng that I'm missing?

Thanks for any advice.

That seems to be a bug in the SqueezePlay menu controlling the Audioscrobbler state.
I'm seeing the same thing and I'm also seeing it when using my Controller. On the Controller the state does change but it's not being saved.
Could you check whether there's a bug in bugs.slimdevices.com or file one if there isn't?
It should be against the server and component "PlayerUI" or "Last.fm".

garym
2009-11-05, 06:28
Not sure this is the same problem, but I've noticed that although all my players are set to scrobble to last.fm (and in fact they DO scrobble to last.fm properly), when I look at player settings in iPENG it has a check next to "do not scrobble". When I try to select my last.fm username (which shows on this same iPeng screen), nothing happens ("do not scrobble" stays checked). Again, the player is in fact scrobbling to last.fm. It is just iPeng reporting that it is not. The SB Boom is connected to mysqueezebox (not to the SB Server).

edit: using latest version of ipeng app on iphone.

pippin
2009-11-05, 07:38
Not sure this is the same problem, but I've noticed that although all my players are set to scrobble to last.fm (and in fact they DO scrobble to last.fm properly), when I look at player settings in iPENG it has a check next to "do not scrobble". When I try to select my last.fm username (which shows on this same iPeng screen), nothing happens ("do not scrobble" stays checked). Again, the player is in fact scrobbling to last.fm. It is just iPeng reporting that it is not. The SB Boom is connected to mysqueezebox (not to the SB Server).

edit: using latest version of ipeng app on iphone.

Yes, I'm seeing similar things.
I don't think it's iPeng since I see the same thing using the Controller. There I can "change" the setting (on the screen) but nothing changes on the server side, the change is not being saved.

JeffHart
2009-11-05, 20:39
Finally had a chance to do some testing with iPeng and the Controller, seeing the same results in both - they will enable / disable scrobbling as selected. The UI is not updated to reflect this with either, which leads me to think that the display update is dependent on a server side command which is failing.

This doesn't manifest on the web UI's, guessing that they are not dependent on a web command to update since the display is changed on the client side. I haven't delved into the code so this is all speculation, maybe someone familiar with the code could confirm?

Here's my specifics:
Squeezebox Server 7.4.1 r28715 on Windows XP
Controller 7.4.1-r7915
iPeng 1.2 on iPhone 3GS 3.1 (7C144)

Behaviour is the same for both the Controller & iPeng. The iPeng behaviour is the same on wifi as on 3G.

Will consider updating Squeezebox Server to current beta to see if this has been resolved tomorrow.

garym
2009-11-06, 05:48
Thanks for the info. And in my case, I'm not even using SbS, as I'm connected to mysqueezebox (squeezenetwork).