PDA

View Full Version : playing of last.fm radio

simsboard
2009-11-04, 04:08
I once saw a thread where somebody mentioned that he listens to his last.fm as radio-station
does anybody know what kind of link I have to enter e.g. to my favorites to

using a browser I am directed to a link like: http://www.lastfm.de/listen/user/weanabazi/personal
which of course does not work on the SBR => what I would like to know which link I have to enter

thanks!
simsboard

usch
2009-11-04, 05:53
You need to download and install the last.fm application from the app gallery on your Radio.

simsboard
2009-11-04, 06:48
thats what I did already before
but as far as I could see this is just for scrobbling the music I play with the SBR
or did I miss something?

usch
2009-11-04, 07:01
There is a last.fm plugin (installed from the server's plugins page) for scrobbling your local music, and a last.fm application (installed from the app gallery page when you are connected to mysqueezebox.com) which lets you play your last.fm library. Did you really install the latter?

simsboard
2009-11-04, 07:17
that could be the reason - will try it when I am back at home!
thanks for the hint!

simsboard
2009-11-04, 07:36
that is strange: is the last.fm application only available for specific users/regions?
just had a look on my "mysqueezebox.com" account but did not see any last.fm application there!!

usch
2009-11-04, 07:58
Oh. :(

I'm afraid last.fm might apply the same restrictions here as they do for their free online radio, i.e. it would be only available in the UK, US, and Germany.

bernt
2009-11-04, 08:14
On mysb.com change your country to Germany or UK.

simsboard
2009-11-05, 00:40
I'm afraid last.fm might apply the same restrictions here as they do for their free online radio, i.e. it would be only available in the UK, US, and Germany.

that seems to be the case! after changing my location within mysb.com I was able to install the last.fm application => only problem that I've got now is that it's not a free radio :-(
only 30 songs trial and then 3,- per month!!

is it free of charge in UK, US and Germany?

bernt
2009-11-05, 00:55
that seems to be the case! after changing my location within mysb.com I was able to install the last.fm application => only problem that I've got now is that it's not a free radio :-(
only 30 songs trial and then 3,- per month!!

It's free if you play through your Squeezebox.

usch
2009-11-05, 02:42
Yes, with a few restrictions. You need a paid account to build playlists, for example, while with the free account you can only play randomized streams.

I am not sure if buying a subscription would get you anywhere with the Squeezebox, however. If they don't offer the last.fm app on MySB at all in your country that probably means that they do not distinguish between account types and you would not be able to use it anyway.

http://www.last.fm/forum/21713/_/530289/1#f9354226

xyzzy01
2009-11-05, 11:15
Oh. :(

They should make it available anyway. I've got a paid account at last.fm, so not making the applet available here (in Norway) makes no sense. As you have to log in to create the radio - and the music is a web service - the applet should be available, and last.fm already knows who has access or not.