PDA

View Full Version : Radio startup issues

RacerX
2009-11-01, 09:51
Hi:

I've had the SBR for a few weeks now, and generally like it--aside from the fact that it is a pain in the a** to get going most times.

The issue I'm having is doing a power-up, the radio doesn't work pretty much all of the time. I have to power down via the power button, then start it back up. Usually takes 2-3 times before connecting.

The interesting thing is that I can connect to the unit via the web applet (remote control) and switch the stations to get it going sometimes. Also, when I push one of the 1-6 preselect buttons it will start playing the station. The problem I am seeing is the dial/browse functionality. Once it starts working it continues to work fine though.

My setup:

Netgear WRTG624v3, latest firmware--no issues with any other devices. Using wireless/WEP for all my connections. All devices have defined IP addresses in the router. Frankly I don't buy the "it's a router issue".

The SBR is at the latest firmware and configured correctly. Again, once it connects it'll go fine for hours. It's only when the unit powers down there seems to be an issue.

Also, I have the SBR plugged into a power-saver outlet that cuts power to my home theater equip when the main receiver is off. I don't believe that's a problem--but maybe by SBR automatically turning on when it gets power is contributing to the issue?

Anyhow, log-winded post. If anyone has a recommendation I'm all ears. The device is nice but it certainly has its' quirks. I hope the firmware updates will fix a lot of these connectivity issues.

Thanks in advance,

jmpage2
2009-11-01, 11:09
Hi:

I've had the SBR for a few weeks now, and generally like it--aside from the fact that it is a pain in the a** to get going most times.

The issue I'm having is doing a power-up, the radio doesn't work pretty much all of the time. I have to power down via the power button, then start it back up. Usually takes 2-3 times before connecting.

The interesting thing is that I can connect to the unit via the web applet (remote control) and switch the stations to get it going sometimes. Also, when I push one of the 1-6 preselect buttons it will start playing the station. The problem I am seeing is the dial/browse functionality. Once it starts working it continues to work fine though.

My setup:

Netgear WRTG624v3, latest firmware--no issues with any other devices. Using wireless/WEP for all my connections. All devices have defined IP addresses in the router. Frankly I don't buy the "it's a router issue".

The SBR is at the latest firmware and configured correctly. Again, once it connects it'll go fine for hours. It's only when the unit powers down there seems to be an issue.

Also, I have the SBR plugged into a power-saver outlet that cuts power to my home theater equip when the main receiver is off. I don't believe that's a problem--but maybe by SBR automatically turning on when it gets power is contributing to the issue?

Anyhow, log-winded post. If anyone has a recommendation I'm all ears. The device is nice but it certainly has its' quirks. I hope the firmware updates will fix a lot of these connectivity issues.

Thanks in advance,

Try turning off wireless encryption on your router and reconnect the SB to the router. Do you then still have issues with re-connect at boot time?

If that fixes it then an investigation of the type of security you are using and some of the other router settings would be justified.

vintage veloce
2009-12-27, 18:00
Lots of us have this problem. here's hoping logitech cares.

lemmy999
2009-12-27, 18:11
Yep, can't blame the router. All I ask is to do something to make this work as well as the Boom or Classic. Rarely have problems from them and never had a problem getting them to connect. At times had dropouts but that is it. Why did they go back and reinvent the wheel with the Radio? Why didn't they just use most of the guts from the Classic or Boom?

majones
2009-12-28, 02:29
Try with a regular socket and see how it performs. If you cut the power to the Radio, it will take quite some time for it to run a complete start-up cycle when the power is reinstated.