PDA

View Full Version : DABBAR with Modular Tech Card

Chris Davies
2004-07-12, 13:51
Hi All

I have followed the faq to set up DABBAR with my Modular Technologies pc card. It all works fine, save that:

(a) the faq indicate that it is possible to listen to different stations at the same time provided that they are on the same multiplex - this does not work for me, if my squeezebox is playing a station then softsqueeze can only play that station. Ditto if the pc running DABBAR is playing a station. Is there a set up tweak to follow to enable this facility?

(b) the only way I can switch between stations on the playlist is to leave the playlist and play an mp3 and then return and select a different station from the playlist. Anything occur to anyone on this?

Anyhow, these are pretty small niggles. I am very happy that the squeezebox and the DAB card are talking at all!

Kind regards

Chris

Tahir
2004-07-13, 06:42
You can only listen to multiple stations simultaneously with a WaveFinder, a ModTech only decodes one stream at a time. I'd post on the Dabbar forums about the retuning problem.

Tahir
----- Original Message -----
To: discuss (AT) lists (DOT) slimdevices.com
Sent: Monday, July 12, 2004 9:51 PM
Subject: [slim] DABBAR with Modular Tech Card

Hi All

I have followed the faq to set up DABBAR with my Modular Technologies pc card. It all works fine, save that:

(a) the faq indicate that it is possible to listen to different stations at the same time provided that they are on the same multiplex - this does not work for me, if my squeezebox is playing a station then softsqueeze can only play that station. Ditto if the pc running DABBAR is playing a station. Is there a set up tweak to follow to enable this facility?

(b) the only way I can switch between stations on the playlist is to leave the playlist and play an mp3 and then return and select a different station from the playlist. Anything occur to anyone on this?

Anyhow, these are pretty small niggles. I am very happy that the squeezebox and the DAB card are talking at all!

Kind regards

Chris

------------------------------------------------------------------------------