PDA

View Full Version : Some questions

JM2009
2009-10-28, 00:54
Hi,
I just enabled my own SqueezeCenter and connected it to my Radio.

I am a little bit confused and disappointed about the features on the SqueezeCenter for the Radio. I hope that someone can give me some hints regarding the following topics:

1. I configured my favorites via HTTP on the SqueezeCenter. If I now look at the Radio in the "Favorites"-menue I can see this favorites and can call them. Fine! But how can I put them behind the UniversalButton1-6 on the Radio?
Is there somewhere a configuration file (SqueeceCenter or Radio?) where I can configure the favorites manually with a normal text-editor?

2. When working with the SqueezeNetwork I have sometimes the problem, that the "UniversalButtons" are not working properly.
I press them, here the beep, but nothing happens. Bug?
Does anybody know an easy way to come back to the normal behavior? Pressing special key-combination...?

3. Is there somewhere a file where I can customize the menue-structure of the Radio manually? I would like to disable some items and change the order of the items. (like on my old squeezebox3).

Greetings
Juergen

JJZolx
2009-10-28, 01:03
1. I configured my favorites via HTTP on the SqueezeCenter. If I now look at the Radio in the "Favorites"-menue I can see this favorites and can call them. Fine! But how can I put them behind the UniversalButton1-6 on the Radio?
Is there somewhere a configuration file (SqueeceCenter or Radio?) where I can configure the favorites manually with a normal text-editor?

Start playing the favorite, then press and hold one of the preset buttons. Much the same as you'd do with the presets for radio stations on a car radio.

2. When working with the SqueezeNetwork I have sometimes the problem, that the "UniversalButtons" are not working properly.
I press them, here the beep, but nothing happens. Bug?
Does anybody know an easy way to come back to the normal behavior? Pressing special key-combination...?

I'm not sure how the preset buttons are supposed to work with SqueezeNetwork. I know there are some bugs with favorites and SN.

3. Is there somewhere a file where I can customize the menue-structure of the Radio manually? I would like to disable some items and change the order of the items. (like on my old squeezebox3).

You have control over which items appear on the Home menu (use Settings > Home Menu), but not over the order of the items and no ability to customize other menus. You can use a custom-strings.txt file to change the text that appears on the menus, though. Try doing a forum search - there was a recent discussion about doing this in one of the forums.

JM2009
2009-10-28, 01:24
Wow, very quick answer!

Can I find the settings (favorites, menues, button setting,...) somewhere in readable files located at the SqueezeCenter or the Radio?

Are there some documents available?
Or, may be a programming guide with the basics of communication for beginners?