PDA

View Full Version : Switch music source woes

Philip Meyer
2009-10-25, 12:54
Still getting absolutely nowhere with Mysqueezebox.com on Touch.

The only way I can see for setting up my Touch to connect to MySqueezebox.com, is by resetting unit and going through Setup, thus losing all settings and starting over from scratch.

When I am forced to connect to MySqueezebox.com, it offers me the previously used account for this device, which I accept. I don't get any feedback whether it is successful or there's a problem.

When I later try to switch to MySqueezebox.com, I get spinny and after a while an error saying it can't connect.

If I visit www.mysqueezebox.com, I can see all my other players, but not my Touch.

Philip Meyer
2009-10-26, 16:05
>Still getting absolutely nowhere with Mysqueezebox.com on Touch.
>
The Touch was controlling a Boom, so of course it tries to switch the Boom player to Mysqueezebox.com.

If I try to switch the Boom to Mysqueezebox.com via the Touch, after a few secs it reports that it can't switch. However, the Boom player switches over fine (only takes a second or so).

I can see the player in the remote control (http://www.mysqueezebox.com/player/playerControl), and play music on it, but I cannot control the Boom when it is connected to Mysqueezebox.com via my Touch player.

I have tried to switch Touch to Mysqueezebox.com. It beeps and returns to the Home menu. Not sure if that means it has been successful, but didn't display any error, and I get a different Now Playing current playlist, so I assume it does switch over.

However, mysqueezebox.com doesn't list the Touch. I can only think that the player is still connecting to a different mysqueezebox server (test?).

If I select to control the Boom player again from the Touch, it shows the local NP current playlist, even though Boom is playing still on Mysqueezebox.com.

Philip Meyer
2009-10-28, 01:21
Anyone know how to fix my Touch->MySqueezebox issue? Do I need support to delete some old registration or something?

toby10
2009-10-28, 04:03
I think you might have to wait till they allow Touch to connect to the real MySB, Touch still wants to connect to test.MySB.
My Touch "registers" on both test.MySB and the real MySB, but is only controllable from test, it never shows as "connected" to the real MySB.

Philip Meyer
2009-10-28, 16:01
>I think you might have to wait till they allow Touch to connect to the
>real MySB, Touch still wants to connect to test.MySB.
>My Touch "registers" on both test.MySB and the real MySB, but is only
>controllable from test, it never shows as "connected" to the real MySB.
Oh I see - so only Radio has been pointed to use the real MySB.com, and Touch uses test.MySB.com.

So if Touch is controlling another player, it is not possible to test switching to MySB.com, because the source player and controlling player both try to switch, but they switch to different servers, and therefore can't then communicate with one another.

toby10
2009-10-29, 02:59
[QUOTE=Philip Meyer;478927.........Oh I see - so only Radio has been pointed to use the real MySB.com, and Touch uses test.MySB.com.

So if Touch is controlling another player, it is not possible to test switching to MySB.com, because the source player and controlling player both try to switch, but they switch to different servers, and therefore can't then communicate with one another.[/QUOTE]

I think so. AndyG said Touch via 7.5 would very soon use the regular MySB.
MeSue somehow got her Touch switched over to MySB, but when I emailed support about switching mine over they said "Touch must remain on test.MySB for the time being".