PDA

View Full Version : SB radio playing without PC

thom123
2009-10-26, 07:00
Hello, I just got a SB radio and am happy with it. Only issue is that it seems only to play when the PC is turned on. I've had a Soundbrige Radio which could play via wifi without PC necessarily being turned on. Does anyone know whether the SB radio can do that also?

regards

snarlydwarf
2009-10-26, 07:07
Hello, I just got a SB radio and am happy with it. Only issue is that it seems only to play when the PC is turned on. I've had a Soundbrige Radio which could play via wifi without PC necessarily being turned on. Does anyone know whether the SB radio can do that also?

That's what 'mysqueezebox.com' is for.

didjean
2009-10-26, 07:34
At the moment, with the Radio, I have many problems connecting to mysqueezebox.com as soon as my PC is switched off. Normally it should connect automatically, but it doesn't.

Sometimes it works when I switch on/off the radio... But not always...

I am using 7.4.1.

gweempose
2009-10-26, 09:07
At the moment, with the Radio, I have many problems connecting to mysqueezebox.com as soon as my PC is switched off ... I am using 7.4.1.You may want to try one of the newer builds.

toby10
2009-10-26, 09:54
You can try getting Radio to the online MySB by:
- turning off SBS running on your computer, then selecting Internet Radio from the Radio's menu, it will want to connect to SBS again, let it fail and it "should" offer you MySB.com as an option.
- with SBS running or not, go to Radio's Settings > Advanced > Network > Connect to MySB

This is how it is supposed to work, YMMV. :)

didjean
2009-10-26, 13:29
You can try getting Radio to the online MySB by:
- turning off SBS running on your computer, then selecting Internet Radio from the Radio's menu, it will want to connect to SBS again, let it fail and it "should" offer you MySB.com as an option.
- with SBS running or not, go to Radio's Settings > Advanced > Network > Connect to MySB

This is how it is supposed to work, YMMV. :)

Thx for your answers. Yes, I've done that a couple of times, trying different ways, e.g. when it failed to connect, it was trying again to connect to SBS even if I was choosing another source.

As suggested above, I will try a newer build...

thom123
2009-10-26, 14:24
That's what 'mysqueezebox.com' is for.

brilliant, thanks a lot. perhaps I did not read the manual closely enough (or it was missing). thanks again.

didjean
2009-10-30, 02:30
You may want to try one of the newer builds.

I've installed 7.4.2, everything seemed to work fine. I did a couple of test.

But this morning, once again, the Radio couldn't connect to Mysqueezebox.com. It was stuck trying to connect to the server that was switched off.

JF.

Jeepie
2009-10-31, 04:42
This is exactly what I intend to buy the squeezebox radio for. So I'm monitoring this thread with interest.

My wife will just want to turn the radio on and go without the PC, so I really need this bit of the squeezebox radio to work fluently. On my SB 2 and SB 3 you don't seem to be able to use them without the PC on i.e a connection to the slim server, so I believe this is a unique selling point of the squeezebox radio.

Siduhe
2009-10-31, 04:56
This is exactly what I intend to buy the squeezebox radio for. So I'm monitoring this thread with interest.

My wife will just want to turn the radio on and go without the PC, so I really need this bit of the squeezebox radio to work fluently. On my SB 2 and SB 3 you don't seem to be able to use them without the PC on i.e a connection to the slim server, so I believe this is a unique selling point of the squeezebox radio.

Both the SB2 and the SB3 connect to mysqueezebox.com (formerly squeezenetwork) and have done since the service was created by Slim Devices. They both work without a server on in just the same way as the Radio. What is it particularly that you can't get them to do?

Jeepie
2009-11-20, 12:57
Hi Sidhue,

Sorry for the delay getting back to you on this one. I went off red faced and checked on my "old" Squeezebox 2 and found that you are absolutely correct. I didn't actually realise how good the mysqueezebox.com functionality was. The only slight concern I had is that if your computer is off, you have to repoint your SB to use the networking for the squeezebox.com. But the "Music Source" option makes this easy so I'm sure my wife could do it.

Yrs (slightly red faced)

J