PDA

View Full Version : Quickly add a song to a playlist

el_jefe
2009-10-26, 04:15
Hi guys!

I've been struggling with the playlist features of SqueezeServer. What I would like to be able to do is quickly add a song I am playing to one of my playlists. For example if I am playing a song with a great guitar solo, I would like to be able to add it to a playlist called "Great Guitar Solos" with one or two clicks. From what I can see, this is currently impossible to do. Even the CustomBrowse context menu does not feature an option to do that easily.... The only way to relatively quickly add a song to a playlist is using the Playlist Manager plugin and the remote control.

Am I missing something?

aubuti
2009-10-26, 07:11
Am I missing something?
Nope, that describes the current state of things pretty well.

el_jefe
2009-10-26, 08:18
Have there been feature suggestions already made in that direction? Or, I guess what I am asking is, where can I see myself if there have been :-)

If not, let's do something about it. I am willing to help with whatever it takes.

MeSue
2009-10-26, 08:33
I made an enhancement request to get Playlist Manager integrated into the server and officially supported, but it just got assigned back to Phil who can't seem to get the help he needs to make it work across all UIs.
See: https://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=9564

This one also has to do with playlist editing: https://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=13689

There may be more. 196 bugs are returned when searching bugzilla for "playlists."

rbz5416
2009-10-26, 16:42
I really can't fathom why basic functionality like this is missing while Facebook integration is apparently a priority....

Mnyb
2009-10-26, 21:02
I really can't fathom why basic functionality like this is missing while Facebook integration is apparently a priority....

+1
Word.

el_jefe
2009-10-27, 05:10

That's a beautiful question! I can see why it would be important to have Facebook integration (market share increase, get some people to move from the relatively boring Sonos system for example), but I do agree it is absolutely unacceptable to do that before we have basic functionality working!

So how do you guys get around this? I currently use MediaMonkey to generate and export lists to Squeezebox and the other way around, but this is a VERY dumb solution!

el_jefe
2009-10-27, 05:12
I made an enhancement request to get Playlist Manager integrated into the server and officially supported, but it just got assigned back to Phil who can't seem to get the help he needs to make it work across all UIs.
See: https://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=9564

This one also has to do with playlist editing: https://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=13689

There may be more. 196 bugs are returned when searching bugzilla for "playlists."

So I guess there's not much that can be done... My development skills are not that good to provide Phil with all the support he needs. I would of course gladly help with testing for example, or troubleshooting, but I guess before that we need to get the thing rolling first...

Dogberry2
2009-10-27, 06:10
I really can't fathom why basic functionality like this is missing while Facebook integration is apparently a priority....Oh, but the Facebook interface scored high with the twelve-year olds in an informal survey of some Logitech manager's children. Managing playlists? On a music system? Meh, who could possibly be interested in that?

rbz5416
2009-10-27, 11:32
Oh, but the Facebook interface scored high with the twelve-year olds in an informal survey of some Logitech manager's children. Managing playlists? On a music system? Meh, who could possibly be interested in that?That wouldn't surprise me in the least but to be (grudgingly) fair to Logitech, playlist management on the Squeezebox has always been pants. Maybe they think we like it that way! :(