PDA

View Full Version : PC audio output streaming to squeezebox

catalin
2009-10-25, 21:40
I apologize if this has already been discussed but searches on the forum didn't turn up anything.

I've had my squeezebox for more than a year and I totally love it. I listen to it almost everyday as my sole audio source for my living room stereo. However it doesn't satisfy one of the other important entertainment scenarios I encounter: short of running cables (which gets tiresome fast, since you need to put them away too after you're done), I can't stream audio from my laptop to my stereo when watching DVDs/streaming hulu/southparkstudios/netflix, etc.

Is there a way to simply stream something like the real-time output of a Windows audio device (via a custom sound driver?) to the Squeezebox? I couldn't find any options in the squeeze server for this either. I'm running Windows 7, but I can probably solve any hardware/software requirements if there would be even a limited solution for this.

Any links or tips would be highly appreciated!

Thank you!

aubuti
2009-10-25, 21:47
Look for the waveinput plugin (http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/WaveInput_plugin) -- should do exactly what you want.

catalin
2009-10-25, 22:02
Thank you! :) This looks like what I need. I'll give it a try.

Goodsounds
2009-10-25, 22:14
Look for the waveinput plugin (http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/WaveInput_plugin) -- should do exactly what you want.

I don't think this will work for this purpose because there's a delay.

Wave input works fine to send audio streams to listen to, from sources that for a variety of reasons will play on a PC but not on a Squeeze device.

aubuti
2009-10-26, 04:42
I don't think this will work for this purpose because there's a delay.

Wave input works fine to send audio streams to listen to, from sources that for a variety of reasons will play on a PC but not on a Squeeze device.
You're absolutely right. I neglected to read the bit about using it with video. I guess I shouldn't have been posting so late in the evening....