PDA

View Full Version : how do I tag songs with multiple genres?

SteveSatch
2009-10-24, 10:58
I usually use MusicBrainz Picard to tag my music. I'd like some of my music to be tagged under two genres. Thanks for any help,
Steve

audiomuze
2009-10-24, 11:20
I usually use MusicBrainz Picard to tag my music. I'd like some of my music to be tagged under two genres. Thanks for any help,
Steve

Usin mp3tag GENRE=Entry1;Entry2 or GENRE=Entry1\\Entry2

SteveSatch
2009-10-24, 11:46
Hmm, I downloaded mp3tag and when I tagged songs with two genres ( for example rock; soft rock) instead of making two genres, one called rock and one called soft rock, it made one genre called rock; soft rock.

audiomuze
2009-10-24, 13:02
Hmm, I downloaded mp3tag and when I tagged songs with two genres ( for example rock; soft rock) instead of making two genres, one called rock and one called soft rock, it made one genre called rock; soft rock.

There's a setting in SBS that allows you to define a delimiter. IIRC, the default's ';', hence whilst you see what you've described above using mp3tag, to SBS it'd be one called rock and one called soft rock. If you're using FLAC files and want two separate tag entries then use \\ as I described earlier.

bobkoure
2009-10-28, 05:51
I use ';' as a delimiter in flac file tags. No problem.

At least for some builds of the server (maybe for all), ';' is not a built in default - you have to set it as a separator char.