About to add a Boom to a 7.3.3 SC network. Firmware problems with 7.4?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gorman
    • Apr 2005

About to add a Boom to a 7.3.3 SC network. Firmware problems with 7.4?

Already have an SB2 and an SB3.
    The server is always on during the day, turns itself off (S3 standby) at 3.00 AM and back on at 8.15 AM. At switch off the server sends the bedroom SB3 to SqueezeNetwork to keep the clock going (at wife request).

Now I'd like to place the Boom in the bedroom but I have no intention (yet) to mess with the 7.4 can of worms. If I don't send it to Squeezenetwork I won't have problems with firmware updates ever, right? Is Boom capable of keeping the clock screensaver on even when the server goes down?
  • Wirrunna
    • Jan 2006

" Is Boom capable of keeping the clock screensaver on even when the server goes down?"

Yes.
    I have a boom in my study connected to a 7.3.4 server which also serves an SB3 Classic in the living room.
    The server turns off with Server Power Control and the boom keeps displaying the time. I didn't do anything to the config in the boom to get the time to display, it did it itself.
    A camel is a racehorse designed by a committee.

Seen sprayed on the outside wall of the local library -
    Three things I hate in life :
    1. Vandalism
    2. Irony
    3. Lists

Comment

• gorman
      • Apr 2005

Originally posted by Wirrunna
      The server turns off with Server Power Control and the boom keeps displaying the time. I didn't do anything to the config in the boom to get the time to display, it did it itself.
      Good. Thanks a lot for the quick answer.

Comment

• radish
        • Apr 2005

Just to be 100% clear, the clock which is displayed when the Boom loses server connection is not the same as the screensaver, it's just a very simple time display - not really configurable. It does tell the time though

And yes, the Boom will work fine with 7.3.x.
        http://www.last.fm/user/polymeric

Comment

• gorman
          • Apr 2005

Originally posted by radish
          Just to be 100% clear, the clock which is displayed when the Boom loses server connection is not the same as the screensaver, it's just a very simple time display - not really configurable. It does tell the time though

And yes, the Boom will work fine with 7.3.x.
          Thanks for the clarification. Time is all I need. My wife loves the clear VFD.

Comment

Working...