PDA

View Full Version : Any Windows 7 issues yet

Murph
2009-10-23, 11:36
My copy is on order. I'm planning on loading the 64 bit version so I'm curious to know if anyone has confirmed compatibility yet. Music from my Squeezebox is the last hing I want to lose.
Thanks

pablolie
2009-10-23, 18:24
a very timely inquiry on the matter.

given the troubles i had with 7.4.0 in Ubuntu I am wondering whether I should (reluctantly) move my environment to the dark side, and I just plonked down the required $200 (makes you appreciate Ubuntu even more) for the 7 upgrade on that side of the home network.

Just wondering myself.

brucegrr
2009-10-24, 19:36
I have not had any issues with Windows 7. I even did the upgrade rather than a clean install and everything was fine. (and I was quite surprised having been a Windows user since Windows 3.0)

I am quite happy with Windows 7.

tedfroop
2009-10-27, 07:08
Have been running since Win7 was beta. No problems with Squeeze/slim server.

Bryan Jan
2009-10-27, 18:59
Clean installation of W7 and 7.4.1 on the same machine (different harddisk)

so far I don't find any problem. performance-wise the initial scanning is much faster than before.

iPhone
2009-10-27, 21:44
My copy is on order. I'm planning on loading the 64 bit version so I'm curious to know if anyone has confirmed compatibility yet. Music from my Squeezebox is the last hing I want to lose.
Thanks

Your joking, right? Its a Microsoft product, need I say anymore?!

As for are there any known issues with Squeezebox software running on Windows 7 which I believe is your real question? Not at the moment.

I take it you haven't watched the new Apple Commercial with Mac & PC concerning Windows 7. Its a hoot (and probably going to be close to reality)!

dennis55
2009-10-28, 02:17
Murph,running here Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate RTM.
Amd Phenom 2 720 BE /4gb ram.
no problems:).

dennis

flyingdoherty
2009-10-28, 03:41
Seven run smoothly with my squeeze shebang so far... Except yesterday evening, when the firewall decided not to accept it... My receivers were not recognized anymore. I deinstalled, reinstalled 7.4.1 before figuring the firewall issue... It's okay by now

radish
2009-10-28, 13:24

As for are there any known issues with Squeezebox software running on Windows 7 which I believe is your real question? Not at the moment.

I take it you haven't watched the new Apple Commercial with Mac & PC concerning Windows 7. Its a hoot (and probably going to be close to reality)!

Umm...fanboy much? Different people prefer different things, and that includes operating systems. This isn't slashdot ;)

havoc1
2009-10-30, 00:26
Windows 7, 64 bit here too - works absolutely fine.

Murph
2009-10-30, 11:03
Thanks all!
Well except for iPhone. Useless answer Dude. Had you backed it with an actual issue you personally encountered with this install, I might have given you some cred.

Say what you will about Microsoft, they NAILED the install process with this one. I went from XP to W7 64 bit so I although I do have to reinstall my software, everything PC-wise Just Worked. No digging for old driver CDs, no struggling to get on the Internet to go get even more drivers, I didn't even have to configure Internet access for that matter, it just worked. No struggling to do things in 640x480 mode till you get your graphics card working, it simply came back up at top settings. It recognized all my drives and gadgets. In fact, even my webcam worked, all without any extra efforts on my part!
My Mom could have done this install.

And yes, the first software I restored was the SB software and it is working great.

I'm not saying it's a better OS than than Snow Leopard, Linux or anything else you might prefer, but I was very pleased with the install process and will gladly give credit where credit is due.

gcurrie
2009-10-30, 11:43
I take it you haven't watched the new Apple Commercial with Mac & PC concerning Windows 7. Its a hoot (and probably going to be close to reality)!Indeed, why research something yourself when you can base your worldview on commercials? Discussion over!

SlimPvC
2009-10-30, 12:39
What a pathetic reply this is, especially regarding all user experiences mentioned here.

Be careful you don't choke on your bite of the apple. You may not get kissed awake like Snow White was...

shabbs
2009-10-31, 05:20
I'm running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit with Squeezebox Server v7.4.1 without any issues so far.

jimzak
2009-11-01, 06:48
I'm a Windows guy, too, but I don't see a problem with Apple much.

My question is why run SBS on the latest version of Windows if it adequately runs on practically nothing.

Do most of you folks share your work computer with SBS or do you have a dedicated server computer in a closet somewhere?

If it's a dedicated computer like mine, why bother running such an advanced OS?

Just curious.

jwhitworth
2009-11-09, 19:24
Installed Windows 7 Pro 64-bit over the weekend. Running SqueezeBox Server 7.4.1 with not problems.

dminches
2009-11-10, 12:43

How about that Apple TV?

SlimPvC
2009-11-10, 12:47
Upgraded to (Windows 7 ultimate, 64 bit) smoothlessly. Squeezecenter runs without any problem.
Anyone running Norton User Account Control (Norton UAC) in previous version should uninstall that before upgrading: Windows 7 cannot handle that.

nick_ahmann
2009-11-11, 23:12
It's a refreshing question. I have no problem with Windows 7 so far.

Mongo
2009-11-12, 09:21
Upgraded over xp. Works great.