PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Headphones - Views/Recommendations ?

socistep
2009-10-22, 15:24
Hi All

Have recently been looking at some wireless headphones, am interested in any views/recommendations from any SB users so please let me know..

Thanks
Ian

MeSue
2009-10-22, 18:15
I have the Sennheiser RS-120s which I use with my PC many hours a day. I like them fine. I'm no audiophile, but they sound good to me. I don't get interference unless I am moving around the house--just sitting at my computer with them on is fine.

My biggest problem with them is that they are loose on my head, so I can't do any headbanging ;) and have to remember to grab them when I sneeze or lean over. Apparently I have a smaller than average head.

Another minor annoyance is that they automatically turn off after 2 minutes of silence. If you still have them on your head when they turn off, you get an ear-full of static noise.

They are very comfortable and don't make my ears sweat. I like the cloth earpads over leather or plastic ones. Never had a problem with battery life, though I keep them on the charging stand when they're not in use.

I do sometimes have to check charging status when I put them on the stand. The headband cushions block the contacts if you don't get them on there just right. I have made it a habit to make sure they make good contact. This might just be an issue with my set.

socistep
2009-10-23, 08:31
I have the Sennheiser RS-120s which I use with my PC many hours a day. I like them fine. I'm no audiophile, but they sound good to me. I don't get interference unless I am moving around the house--just sitting at my computer with them on is fine.

My biggest problem with them is that they are loose on my head, so I can't do any headbanging ;) and have to remember to grab them when I sneeze or lean over. Apparently I have a smaller than average head.

Another minor annoyance is that they automatically turn off after 2 minutes of silence. If you still have them on your head when they turn off, you get an ear-full of static noise.

They are very comfortable and don't make my ears sweat. I like the cloth earpads over leather or plastic ones. Never had a problem with battery life, though I keep them on the charging stand when they're not in use.

I do sometimes have to check charging status when I put them on the stand. The headband cushions block the contacts if you don't get them on there just right. I have made it a habit to make sure they make good contact. This might just be an issue with my set.

Hi Sue

Thanks for the reply, I was actually looking at a Sennheiser pair, the 130's, so its good to get some positive feedback.

Ian

socistep
2010-02-01, 12:32
Hi Sue

Thanks for the reply, I was actually looking at a Sennheiser pair, the 130's, so its good to get some positive feedback.

Ian

I received a pair of Sennheisers over the weekend and am impressed, was pleasantly surprised by the sound quality - would recommend them

epoch1970
2010-02-01, 15:42
I think I've had these for a while. It says HDR 130 on the headpiece.
Battery life is ok, but I think it is far too noisy for music use. I use it when watching movies, exclusively.

socistep
2010-02-02, 11:38
I think I've had these for a while. It says HDR 130 on the headpiece.
Battery life is ok, but I think it is far too noisy for music use. I use it when watching movies, exclusively.

Yes thats the one, I've not noticed the noise to be honest, occasional hiss if walking but nothing that detracts from the listening.

I've currently got the base unit plugged into my SB radio, set the volume to 100% then use volume control on headphone

PVM
2010-02-02, 13:21
I have Sony DR BT50 bluetooth, great sound, great battery life, great fit. Check out reviews.

PVM

eeagle
2010-02-09, 16:02
I have the Sennheiser RS 130 Wireless Surround Sound Headphones.

We use them for private television listening.

They are the best most comfortable wireless headphones I have owned. Great range and dead silent unless I get totally out of range...like outside.