PDA

View Full Version : Power down/Sleep?

mmca22gr
2009-10-19, 10:51
Most days when I come home the SBRadio often has a blank screen and I have to hit the power button to get it back up again. I have asked my wife if she presses and holds the power button, but she swears that she does not. Does the Radio go to sleep after a preset time? I can't see anything in the SqueezeServer settings.

iPhone
2009-10-19, 10:57
Most days when I come home the SBRadio often has a blank screen and I have to hit the power button to get it back up again. I have asked my wife if she presses and holds the power button, but she swears that she does not. Does the Radio go to sleep after a preset time? I can't see anything in the SqueezeServer settings.

If on Battery, Yes.

I have a PB1 Beta so I can't speak to the production model's behavior when on AC Mains. My PB1 stays on all the time when on AC as long as I don't press and hold the power button. When left On, it goes to Clock Screen Saver when not playing and left alone.

mmca22gr
2009-10-19, 11:02
This is on AC mains. Production model.
It sits at the clock screensaver when off, but is often completely blank when left for a long period of time. This has happened almost every day, but is hard to pin down exactly when/why...

toby10
2009-10-19, 12:47
Wild guess is that it has lost a connection to the server.
Next time you encounter this just turn the Volume knob, see what happens. If it immediately jumps to the connecting *spinny* then this is indeed what is happening.

I leave my Radio on for days and it always has a screen showing, but it sometimes will have self rebooted or lost connection to the server after a while.

mmca22gr
2009-10-19, 13:11
I tried that last time, although I had thought that the screen was just dimmed. The only thing that worked was pressing the power button.

ccrome2
2009-10-19, 14:25
Does it reboot, i.e. display the Logitech logo? or does it immediately turn on when you hit the power button?

mmca22gr
2009-10-19, 15:58
It shows the Logitech Logo, then feel the music.
I have again asked my wife if she holds the power button when turning off. She says no.... I am yet to be convinced.

gweempose
2009-10-19, 16:15
It shows the Logitech Logo, then feel the music ...It only does this after it reboots, so your unit is obviously shutting down somehow. If it isn't your wife, then I'm afraid I'm stumped.