PDA

View Full Version : Waking up with Last.fm - no alarm menu

0xdeadbeef
2009-10-19, 01:11
Ok, now that it happened four times in a row, I'm, sure that this an issue that not happens by chance:

I'm currently using the Radio to wake me up with Last.fm. And while the music starts playing at the correct time, the snooze/off menu is not shown. Instead the Radio displays the main menu. Furthermore it doesn't respond to the knob and also doesn't display the screen saver. Even when I turn the Radio off and on again, still the main menu is shown and doesn't respond. Only if I press back/left I can move the cursor again.

I would suspect this is the same issue I described in Bug 14766 (https://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=14766), apart from the fact that I don't press any button to reach this unresponsive state.

Also this happens only the first time in the morning. If I program further alarms to reproduce it, it doesn't happen. I suspect that this only happens after a longer period of inactivity for whatever reason.

0xdeadbeef
2009-10-20, 01:36
Ok, slightly different behavior this morning:
The Radio started playing Last.fm at the correct time but still displayed the clock screen saver (again no "snooze/off" dialog). Pushing "back/left" brought me back to the main menu, which was responsive, but neither by pressing "left/back" not by pressing "Home", I could get to the "snooze/off" menu.
When manually choosing Last.fm the Radio obviously connected to Mysqueezebox.com and then displayed the "snooze/off" menu.

So obviously this issue is caused by the Radio losing it's connection to Mysqueezebox.com and not being able to reconnect because of some bug. At least it's not a problem of the internet connection or network as the Radio is streaming music correctly.

DiSNEYN
2009-10-20, 04:29
Ok, slightly different behavior this morning:
The Radio started playing Last.fm at the correct time but still displayed the clock screen saver (again no "snooze/off" dialog). Pushing "back/left" brought me back to the main menu, which was responsive, but neither by pressing "left/back" not by pressing "Home", I could get to the "snooze/off" menu.
When manually choosing Last.fm the Radio obviously connected to Mysqueezebox.com and then displayed the "snooze/off" menu.

So obviously this issue is caused by the Radio losing it's connection to Mysqueezebox.com and not being able to reconnect because of some bug. At least it's not a problem of the internet connection or network as the Radio is streaming music correctly.

0xdeadbeef, have you try the latest nightly beta version of the server software?

/Hans

0xdeadbeef
2009-10-20, 05:28
Nope, I hoped 7.4.1. would be released soon.

0xdeadbeef
2009-10-22, 16:29
Ok, the behavior is 100% identical in 7.4.1.