PDA

View Full Version : SSODS 4 released

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5

flipflip
2009-10-18, 15:39
Hello

I'm currently uploading SSODS 4.0-7.4.0. It should be available for download in a couple of hours or so at the usual location (see footer).

There are a couple of changes to previous versions of SSODS. I'll post here once I find time.

I did some minor testing on a couple of systems. However, maybe not everything works perfectly.

Let's use this thread for discussion about SSODS 4.

Regards,

flipflip

hpotez
2009-10-18, 17:04
Hi flipflip and thanks for the job.

Just to clarify, I cannot instal SSODS 4.0 on my 209+ using the firmware update function as for previous release of SSODS i.e. 3.22, correct?

I do not have "basic Linux hacking skills"..... :-(

JPelton
2009-10-18, 18:29
Extracting the archive fails, at least nominally. On the "Install SqueezeCenter Tar Ball" page, a whole bunch of files get extracted, ending with squeezeboxserver-7.4.0-28672/revision.txt, and then the following message is displayed in the extraction box:

gzip: stdin: decompression OK, trailing garbage ignored
tar: Child returned status 2
tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors

And then, after the extraction box:

Error: Extracting the tar ball failed. Try again.

I'm using squeezeboxserver-7.4.0-28672.tgz freshly downloaded from downloads.slimdevices.com/SqueezeboxServer_v7.4.0/.

This doesn't look like the fault of SSODS, but I'm not quite sure how to proceed. It would be nice if Logitech posted checksums so I could tell whether the download got corrupted somehow (though I've downloaded the tarball twice and gotten the same results each time).

Kuro
2009-10-18, 21:15
I followed your instruction and installed SSODS4. Guess I'm the first one to have SSODS4 installed :)

However, the upload SqueezeboxServer tar ball process stops 1/3 in the process. The IE8 progress bar stops moving after awhile.

Is there a directory I can put the Squeezebox tar ball directly for installation?

EDIT: ok, I found that I have to use Firefox to upload the tar ball. IE8 does not work, don't know why. Now, when I tell SSODS to extract the tar ball, it fails saying there is a trailing blank error. Ideas?

BTW, for others interested, the tar ball is stored at: /volume1/SSODS4/var/home/tarballs

Kuro
2009-10-18, 21:28
The error msg of the SqueezeServer tar ball extraction is this:

squeezeboxserver-7.4.0-28672/Changelog3.html

squeezeboxserver-7.4.0-28672/revision.txt

Despite the extraction failure, I'm able to start SqueezeboxServer... more testing to follow...

So far two comments:

1. Offer a way to delete the SqueezeBox Server tar ball once installation is finished.
2. Also need a way to delete the incomplete tar ball upload via IE8

Maybe change the upload path back to the /volume1/public folder...

My hardware: DS209+, firmware 2.2-0942

Kuro
2009-10-19, 00:04
So far two bugs found using SBS (SqueezeBox Server) 7.4.x:

- Does not recognize unicode characters in Playlist. All songs with such characters will be skipped

- Scanning of Artwork takes very long time. Now it is taking more than 10 secs per artwork file, I only have JPEG of 500x500 pixels for each artwork. Instead of taking 10 mins to scan the artwork, now it is taking over an hour.

HarryPotter
2009-10-19, 01:54
The error msg of the SqueezeServer tar ball extraction is this:

Despite the extraction failure, I'm able to start SqueezeboxServer... more testing to follow...

I get the same error on my DS109+

dcote
2009-10-19, 02:00
So far two bugs found using SBS (SqueezeBox Server) 7.4.x:

- Does not recognize unicode characters in Playlist. All songs with such characters will be skipped

Kuro, you are probably suffering from this bug:

https://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=4578

check it out, and if you are - perhaps you would like to add a comment that the bug still exists in 7.4x. and, of course, VOTE for it! ;-)

btw., comment #34 in that bug contains a quick'n'dirty fix (actually more like a hack) that restores unicode functionality in playlists. i can attest the hack works, i run SC 7.3.4. on a qnap ts409 pro and i re-apply the hack to every update of SC i do. tedious, but currently there seems to be no other solution.

flipflip
2009-10-19, 04:14
> gzip: stdin: decompression OK, trailing garbage ignored
> squeezeboxserver-7.4.0-28672/revision.txt
> tar: Child returned status 2
> tar: Exiting with failure status due to previous errors

That's normal. There's some form data that comes in after the file content and I haven't been able to figure out how to handle uploads correctly (i.e. how to determine the file size from the POST data). Patches for ssods_cgi-upload.sh are welcome..

Just ignore the error as long as you get all the "Success" messages below the textarea that lists the extracted files. Btw, it's not actually an error because only the child (gzip) complains (warns) about trailing garbage data but tar extracts all files just fine. If tar had a problem, SSODS would abort the installation and print an error message.

> 1. Offer a way to delete the SqueezeBox Server tar ball once installation is finished.

See SSODS.todo. For now you'll have to delete it manually. The tarballs are stored in $SSODSDIR/var/home/tarballs. I was thinking about deleting the tarball after installation. What do you think?

> 2. Also need a way to delete the incomplete tar ball upload via IE8

Dito. And uploading the same tarball again should overwrite the previously partially uploaded tarball (doesn't it?).

What's the exact problem with the upload using IE8? I cannot debug because I don't have any IE..

> Maybe change the upload path back to the /volume1/public folder...

Could be done for the DS. But a) won't work on other hardware and b) not all DS have that share.

I think I'll add the public share as an additional path to look for tarballs. So you could either upload one via SSODS or store it on the publich share.

flip

Kuro
2009-10-19, 06:49
> 1. Offer a way to delete the SqueezeBox Server tar ball once installation is finished.

See SSODS.todo. For now you'll have to delete it manually. The tarballs are stored in $SSODSDIR/var/home/tarballs. I was thinking about deleting the tarball after installation. What do you think?

Yes, it'd be good to delete it if the file is under tarballs. Same for the SqueezeboxServer tar file if it is found in /volume1/public too.

> 2. Also need a way to delete the incomplete tar ball upload via IE8

Dito. And uploading the same tarball again should overwrite the previously partially uploaded tarball (doesn't it?).

Currently, it does not overwrite previous incomplete file. It'd be good to overwrite the incomplete file. That means using the same file name instead of a new randomized file name.

What's the exact problem with the upload using IE8? I cannot debug because I don't have any IE..

It'll upload, but stops when the progress bar is about 1/3 through.

I think I'll add the public share as an additional path to look for tarballs. So you could either upload one via SSODS or store it on the publich share.

Yes please do!

Will SSODS4 get an automated installation via .PAT file?

Kuro
2009-10-19, 07:26
Kuro, you are probably suffering from this bug:

https://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=4578

check it out, and if you are - perhaps you would like to add a comment that the bug still exists in 7.4x. and, of course, VOTE for it! ;-)

btw., comment #34 in that bug contains a quick'n'dirty fix (actually more like a hack) that restores unicode functionality in playlists. i can attest the hack works, i run SC 7.3.4. on a qnap ts409 pro and i re-apply the hack to every update of SC i do. tedious, but currently there seems to be no other solution.

I tried that fix in comment #34 and it did not work. My playlist has Chinese unicode characters and they were all skipped. It does not happen with 7.3.3 or any previous release I had since 7.1.

So far 7.4 proves to be a disappointing release.

BTW, SSODS 3.18 + 7.33 were the most stable here, but this combo has the disk hibenation problem (disk wakes up every 20 mins or so). Hibenation works with 3.16+7.32, but misses artwork scan for new and changed music :(

HarryPotter
2009-10-19, 07:53
May I ask you if the following problem has to to with SSODS 4:

(posted on another thread):

To test SSODS 4 I run it with SS 7.4.0 on a DS109+ and want to use my music library on my DS408

path: \\DS408\music is not accepted :-( (same result if I use the IP address)

Same if I use iTunes plugin (iTunes library is on DS408)

Strange thing is: if I install SS 7.4.0 on my PC (Windows 7) then the \\DS408\music path is accepted.

mherger
2009-10-19, 07:59
> path: \\DS408\music is not accepted :-( (same result if I use the IP
> address)

That's not a valid path in a non-Windows environment. You'll have to tell your 109 where you mounted the 409 share.

HarryPotter
2009-10-19, 08:23
OK, thanks, I'll check the Synology forum(s) how to mount a share from another DS.

flipflip
2009-10-19, 09:35
> And then, after the extraction box:
> Error: Extracting the tar ball failed. Try again.
> I'm using squeezeboxserver-7.4.0-28672.tgz freshly downloaded from downloads.slimdevices.com/SqueezeboxServer_v7.4.0/.
> This doesn't look like the fault of SSODS, but I'm not quite sure how to
> proceed. It would be nice if Logitech posted checksums so I could tell
> whether the download got corrupted somehow (though I've downloaded the
> tarball twice and gotten the same results each time).

Ah, then this is an SSODS error!
The upload function is an ugly hack (I don't know how to do it correctly; as said before: patches to the ssods_cgi-upload.sh script are welcome).

Are you using Firefox, The One and Only Web Broser?

flip

Zucht
2009-10-19, 10:13
Thanks flipflip for making SSODS4 available!!

PetervanHanergem
2009-10-19, 11:03
First of all, Thanks FlipFlip for making us happy.

I'm not that home in linux, i don everything and then i'm stuck here

On a Turbostation (WARNING: untested! Get help in the forum if you need):

$ mount -t ext2 /dev/mtdblock5 /tmp/config
Edit /tmp/config/autorun.sh to include the command from 8.
$ umount /tmp/config

How do i edit the .sh file ? an what is the command from 8 ?

thanks

Pade2204
2009-10-19, 11:19
is there a .pat file ??

I cant install it on DiskStation ?

bobertuk
2009-10-19, 11:49
I've been trying to install 3rd party plugins using SbS on QNAP TS-509 but with no success.

SbS -> settings -> Plugins keeps asking for 'Restart' or 'Restart Later' but plugins will not install - can't see anything useful in the logs. Several QNAP users have reported the same issue over in the QNAP forums.

Bob

Dingsdada
2009-10-19, 12:03
many thanks to flipflip!!!

i've managed to install ssods4 and 7.4.1 nightly on my ds209+.
everything went fine, but scanning of covers is a big problem:
about half a minute for 1!!! cover (i've about 1800 covers - so i've to abort scanning)
now navigation in trees is very slow (with my radio)

HarryPotter
2009-10-19, 13:05
i've managed to install ssods4 and 7.4.1 nightly on my ds209+.
everything went fine

Can you tell me please which 7.4.1 file exactly did you download and install with ssods 4. There are so many and I realy dont know anymore which one to take.....

jaerc
2009-10-19, 13:56
Hi Guys

I did install SSODS 4.0-7.4.0 and then I tried to install
squeezeboxserver-7.4.0-28672.tgz with ssods,

The log shows the following error:

I also did try a 7.4.1 tgz file and other 7.4.0 but I always get this error.

I have a Synology DS209+II with DSM 2.2 installed

How can I succesfully install the squeezeboxserver with ssods?

Many thanks
Chris

katmic
2009-10-19, 13:58
I installed SSODS4, great work! It was successful, but I got the following warnings regarding the local settings:

schiller> /opt/ssods4/etc/init.d/rc.ssods
/opt/ssods4/etc/ssods.conf: line 164: warning: setlocale: LC_ALL: cannot change locale (en_GB.UTF-8): No such file or directory
/opt/ssods4/bin/bash: warning: setlocale: LC_ALL: cannot change locale (en_GB.UTF-8)
/opt/ssods4/etc/ssods.conf: line 164: warning: setlocale: LC_ALL: cannot change locale (en_GB.UTF-8)
SSODS: checking system ..... OK.
Starting SqueezeboxServer .. skipping, auto start is disabled.
Updating /opt/ssods4/etc/sudoers .. OK.
Starting thttpd-ssods ...... OK.

I also got the error message for the squeezebox tar file as described in the posts above.

greetings
katmic

Ryssen
2009-10-19, 14:14
Can´t unzip the "ARM (x09/x19 series) [TS-109/ 119/ 209/ 210/ 219/ 219P/ 409/ 409U/ 410/ 419P/ 419U]"
is not a valid archive..

Whats wrong?

bobertuk
2009-10-19, 14:16
Not a particularly good fix for most people but I got it working...

the relevant error in SbS logs is:

[09-10-19 19:55:53.5809] Slim::Utils::PluginDownloader::extract (102) error loading Archive::Zip Can't locate Archive/Zip.pm in @INC (@INC contains: /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Cache/InstalledPlugins /share/HDA_DATA/.qpkg/SSOTS/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/CPAN/arch/5.10/i386-linux-thread-multi /share/HDA_DATA/.qpkg/SSOTS/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/CPAN/arch/5.10/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto /share/HDA_DATA/.qpkg/SSOTS/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/CPAN/arch/5.10.0/i686-linux-thread-multi /share/HDA_DATA/.qpkg/SSOTS/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/CPAN/arch/5.10.0/i686-linux-thread-multi/auto /share/HDA_DATA/.qpkg/SSOTS/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/CPAN/arch/5.10/i686-linux-thread-multi /share/HDA_DATA/.qpkg/SSOTS/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/CPAN/arch/5.10/i686-linux-thread-multi/auto /share/HDA_DATA/.qpkg/SSOTS/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/CPAN/arch/i686-linux-thread-multi /share/HDA_DATA/.qpkg/SSOTS/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/lib /share/HDA_DATA/.qpkg/SSOTS/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/CPAN /share/HDA_DATA/.qpkg/SSOTS/var/home/SqueezeboxServer /share/HDA_DATA/.qpkg/SSOTS/var/home/SqueezeboxServer /opt/ssods4/lib/perl5/5.10.0/i686-linux-thread-multi /opt/ssods4/lib/perl5/5.10.0 /opt/ssods4/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.0/i686-linux-thread-multi /opt/ssods4/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.0 .) at /share/HDA_DATA/.qpkg/SSOTS/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Slim/Utils/PluginDownloader.pm line 98.

It looks as if SbS can't find /Archive/Zip.pm to install plugins. I found the file in 'SSOTS/lib/perl5/5.10.0/i686-linux-thread-multi/IO/Compress/Zip.pm' and copied it into several different place but couldn't get it to work. In the end I copied all of CPAN back into Squeezeboxserver, changed owner/group (recursive) to 'guest/everyone' - and it now works.

More investigation needed to see where best to copy that single file but my guess is anywhere indicated in the above error as long as owner/group are correct.

has anyone else noticed that owner and group of most files in SSODS 4 are both set to 1004 - or is it just on my setup?

Bob

Dingsdada
2009-10-19, 14:17
Can you tell me please which 7.4.1 file exactly did you download and install with ssods 4. There are so many and I realy dont know anymore which one to take.....

i installed this version:
squeezeboxserver-7.4.1-28913.tgz Squeezebox Server: Unix Tarball (for Perl 5.8/5.10, Darwin, i386, x86_64, i386 FreeBSD, ARM EABI, PowerPC)

flipflip
2009-10-19, 15:19
I installed SSODS4, great work! It was successful, but I got the following warnings regarding the local settings:

Ignore it. That's normal. It should only complain the first time you run it.

flipflip
2009-10-19, 15:20
[09-10-19 19:55:53.5809] Slim::Utils::PluginDownloader::extract (102) error loading Archive::Zip Can't locate Archive/Zip.pm in @INC

Thanks. The Archive::Zip is not included in SSODS. I'll include it in the next release.

flipflip
2009-10-19, 15:23
For those with the "trailing garbage" error when installing the tar ball:

the upload routine is broken. It works with a .tar.bz2, which is what I tested. It doesn't work with a .tar.gz.

You have two options

a) use http://oinkzwurgl.org/downloads/ssods/src/squeezeboxserver-7.4.0-28672-noCPAN.tar.bz2
b) copy the tar ball manually to $SSODSDIR/var/home/tarballs

I have fixed the upload routine and this should work in the next release.

flipflip
2009-10-19, 15:27
is there a .pat file ??

No.

flipflip
2009-10-19, 15:29
I'm not that home in linux, i don everything and then i'm stuck here

You can edit the autorun.sh file sing an editor, such as "vi".

If you're not familiar with this you should wait until the QNAP guys provide an easily installable package. Use one of the old ssods 3.x packages until that happens.

rkotemp
2009-10-19, 15:30
Installed SSODS 4 on a Synology DS-209+.
No problems with installing SSODS (using the installation instructions on flipfips site).

Uploading Squeezebox server did not work with IE.
As solution i did copy it manual. First i copied the squeezeboxserver file to the public share then via telnet:
cp /volume1/public/squeezeboxserver-7.4.0-28672.tgz /volume1/SSODS4/var/home/tarballs

All seems working. But art scanning is very, very slow.
About 200 in 1 hour. It wil take 1 day for me to scan all. It is still running at this time.

Rob

flipflip
2009-10-19, 15:31
Can´t unzip the "ARM (x09/x19 series) [TS-109/ 119/ 209/ 210/ 219/ 219P/ 409/ 409U/ 410/ 419P/ 419U]"
is not a valid archive..

Whats wrong?

What are you talking about?

Ryssen
2009-10-19, 15:44
What are you talking about?

Got it working now!

jaerc
2009-10-19, 15:50
hi flipflip the bz2 file works perfect.

Many thanks,
Chris

bobertuk
2009-10-19, 16:13
Thanks. The Archive::Zip is not included in SSODS. I'll include it in the next release.

Delete all files from the CPAN except for the following and plugins install correctly:

/share/HDA_DATA/.qpkg/SSOTS/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/CPAN/Archive/*.*
/share/HDA_DATA/.qpkg/SSOTS/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/CPAN/PAR/*.*
/share/HDA_DATA/.qpkg/SSOTS/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/CPAN/PAR.pm

Not sure yet where to move them to in SSOTS but will try tomorrow.

Bob

Pade2204
2009-10-19, 16:16
No.

Next question: Will there be a .pat file anytime in the future ?
:-)

Tnx.

JPelton
2009-10-19, 17:11
Are you using Firefox, The One and Only Web Broser?

flip
Well, yeah, but there ARE other browsers: Camino, K-Meleon, Epiphany....

Kidding, mostly. I've been using Gecko-based browsers since Netscape freed the code, but the WebKit and Presto engines are very good, too. Even Trident is pretty decent these days. Of course, there's more to a browser than its rendering engine.

Anyway, following the comments of others, I decided to try running SS despite the apparent installation error. It starts OK, but a scan of my music folder always results in empty lists under My Music (albums, artists, genres, etc). Nor can I get SS to connect to mysqueezebox.com, though I can authenticate at the Web site with the same credentials.

In short, I'm completely without music. Bummer.

JPelton
2009-10-19, 18:55
The login problem turned out to be a DNS configuration problem. Now I can connect to mysqueezebox.com, so at least I've got internet radio and Pandora.

I've installed 7.4.1 to see if it's any better at scanning my music.

stj
2009-10-19, 23:56
I have a QNAP 209p and could install the ssots 7.4.0 from QNAP using Firefox. I can scan my collection without errors (ending with: The server has finished scanning your music collection), but afterwards I cannot see any of my music in the Squeezebox server application. However, in the Squeezebox server application at the bottom it says (even after 35min) " Rescanning Music Library... Artwork Scan (276 of 277)" which is a bid wird... I have now restarted all my hardware and reinstalled everything twize. This release does not seem to be as stable as past releases... What is happening?

gambit
2009-10-20, 00:26
Just installed ssods4 to my TS209, installed great (thanks!).

But it appears to not be reading the metadata on my music collection, which is 100% flac. So it says I have no music, but if I search by directory it will find and play. Might play more tomorrow.

gambit
2009-10-20, 00:32
actually playing the file manually adds it to my collection - so perhaps it's the scanner that isn't working too well. The log doesn't show anything obvious.

flipflip
2009-10-20, 01:13
Next question: Will there be a .pat file anytime in the future ?

If somebody makes one.. (I probably won't anytime soon).

Kasper_b
2009-10-20, 03:21
actually playing the file manually adds it to my collection - so perhaps it's the scanner that isn't working too well. The log doesn't show anything obvious.

Same here. Upon complete scan music library is empty. However when a song has been played via 'music folder' it is added to library!?

Anyone got clues as to what causing this behaviour or how to correct it?

Kasper

stj
2009-10-20, 03:49
It looks like both "kasper b" and "gambit" has the same problem as I do. I also have all my music in FLAC format. I do not want to go manually through all my cd collection to add it via Gambit's "music folder" method. Flipflip - HELP!

JPelton
2009-10-20, 04:11
My collection is all FLAC, too.

Can anyone whose collection is not FLAC comment on whether the scan works for them?

krimmo
2009-10-20, 04:14
It looks like both "kasper b" and "gambit" has the same problem as I do. I also have all my music in FLAC format. I do not want to go manually through all my cd collection to add it via Gambit's "music folder" method. Flipflip - HELP!

Got the exact same problem...

Installed latest 7.4.1 yesterday and after complete scan my library appeared empty in player and web-if.

Scan did show success though.

After restarting SbS scanning started automatically again with a "complete rescan" (as if it was the first time it was started, and decided to make a "firsttime scan".)

And checking this morning the library was still empty...

Pokersut
2009-10-20, 04:14
My collection is all FLAC, too.

Can anyone whose collection is not FLAC comment on whether the scan works for them?

Mine seems to work. It is currently scanning, but I can access and play all the files that have been scanned so far. And this includes both FLAC and MP3 files.

Oh, and flipflip: Thanks for an oustanding job - again!

Mikkel

holkoz
2009-10-20, 04:19
I was also able to play music while scanning. But when the scan was finished all music was gone from the library.

I also have an all-flac library but since you can see and play music from the library during the scan it does not seem to be a flac-issue.

mowa
2009-10-20, 06:31
Flipflip - can you confirm that the guest user is supposed to be running the slimserver.pl and mysqld processes? Is it also normal that 10 mysqld processes are running?

I'm too suffering from the problem that no music shows up after a scan (during scan no problems)...

Using the Qpkg version on a Qnap TS-119.

Dingsdada
2009-10-20, 07:41
Why is Artwork Scan so slow?
(SSODS4 with 7.4.1 nightly on DS209+)
it takes about 20hours with near 100%CPU load

Pokersut
2009-10-20, 07:58
I was also able to play music while scanning. But when the scan was finished all music was gone from the library.

I also have an all-flac library but since you can see and play music from the library during the scan it does not seem to be a flac-issue.

Update: I have the same problem :-(

During scanning the library fills up nicely, but as soon as the scan finished, the library is emptied!

Could the problem be with the database optimisation process that concludes the scan? This is from the scanner log:

17351: [09-10-20 16:42:15.9444] Slim::Music::Import::endImporter (696) Completed dbOptimize Scan in 20 seconds.
17350: [09-10-20 16:41:54.9455] Slim::Music::Import::runScanPostProcessing (479) Starting Database optimization.

Mikkel

simsboard
2009-10-20, 08:16
I know that my hardware is not the newest but as it is rocksolid so far I don't plan to invest in a new one!

but is there a chance that there will also be a version for the Qnap TS101 available?

is there anybodyelse outside having the same request/wish?

actually I am running
*) squeeze-center 7.3.3
*) SSODS 3.14 (following the install-instruction on: http://forums.slimdevices.com/showpost.php?p=302757&postcount=332
*) Qnap-firmware: Version 2.5.0 build 1210T

any help is appreciated!
regards!
simsboard

holkoz
2009-10-20, 08:42
I enabled more logging in the advanced settings of Squeezebox Server. Then I could see the following line:

[09-10-20 17:26:47.9708] Slim::Menu::Base::addItem (173) SystemInfo menu item "library" failed: Can't call method "get_column" on an undefined value at /share/HDA_DATA/.qpkg/SSOTS/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Slim/Schema.pm line 1411.

This is what that function look like:

sub totalTime {
my $self = shift;

# Pull out the total time dynamically.
# What a breath of fresh air. :)
return $self->search('Track', { 'audio' => 1 }, {

'select' => [ \'SUM(secs)' ],
'as' => [ 'sum' ],

})->single->get_column('sum');
}

HarryPotter
2009-10-20, 08:42
Installed 7.4.1 with SSODS 4 on my DS109+.

First impression: it works fine.

Thank you very much flipflip :-)

I was not able to install LazySearch2 using the Web Interface. So I did it manually, works now too.

stj
2009-10-20, 09:49
I now installed 7.4.1 on my QNAP 209p to see if my music would be available after the scan. It wasn't. I previously used 7.4.0 with the same result. I'm no expert at all, but could it be a small problem of the scanned data not becoming available after the scan. In the info log file it seems like the scan was done ok, but somehow it's just not available after the scan has finished...

avkooi
2009-10-20, 10:07
To all those whose library database is empty after scanning:

Maybe you have to wait to play music until the scanning is finished. My collection is big (350 Gb) and has a lot of FLAC encoded files. After installing SSODS 4.0-7.4.0 on my DS408 yesterday, I started a 'empty database and scan everything' rescan. When I started playing a song, the scan stopped and the library only showed the files that were scanned until then.

After that, I started a new 'empty database' scan and let it run until it finished. It took almost 15 hours, but now I have a complete library again. And all the FLAC's are scanned as they should.

stj
2009-10-20, 10:16
Thanks for the idea AVKOOI. However, I do not have that big a collection so it only takes me 20minutes to do a complete scan of my collection. I have now done it 5 times and I wait for it to say "scan completed" every time.

flipflip
2009-10-20, 11:42

Scanning works fine (and quick) here on several machines.

You need to specify your setup in more detail (which hardware etc.).
And you'll probably need to do some debugging yourself to find out what the exact problem is. I don't have all the different hardware and cannot test all possible installations.

flipflip
2009-10-20, 11:45
Flipflip - can you confirm that the guest user is supposed to be running the slimserver.pl and mysqld processes?

That's the default because AFAIK this is the only user that is present on all TS. You can change that to whatever you want. You should probably discuss this with the QNAP folks.

Is it also normal that 10 mysqld processes are running?

No. It's only one process and a couple of threads that show up as "tasks" in top.

I'm too suffering from the problem that no music shows up after a scan (during scan no problems)...

No idea. Works fine here. You need to debug it yourself.

flipflip
2009-10-20, 11:46

No idea. Any suggestions?

flipflip
2009-10-20, 11:49
but is there a chance that there will also be a version for the Qnap TS101 available?

I think the TS101 is "old powerpc". So the "ppc" release of SSODS won't work (probably, try it..). You could probably use the SSODS buildscripts (included) to build a version that works. I won't make one (no such hardware available, amongst other reasons).

flipflip
2009-10-20, 11:51
I enabled more logging in the advanced settings of Squeezebox Server. Then I could see the following line:

[09-10-20 17:26:47.9708] Slim::Menu::Base::addItem (173) SystemInfo menu item "library" failed: Can't call method "get_column" on an undefined value at /share/HDA_DATA/.qpkg/SSOTS/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Slim/Schema.pm line 1411.

Does it cause any problem? Is that with vanilla SS (i.e. without 3rd party plugins)? On what hardware? How do you trigger it? How often do you see it?

Anyway, if it doesn't cause any problem: reset the logging to default and go listen some music :-)

flipflip
2009-10-20, 11:51
I was not able to install LazySearch2 using the Web Interface. So I did it manually, works now too.

There are some Perl modules missing that are required to install the plugins. SSODS 4.1 will fix this.

stj
2009-10-20, 12:32
Scanning works fine (and quick) here on several machines.

You need to specify your setup in more detail (which hardware etc.).
And you'll probably need to do some debugging yourself to find out what the exact problem is. I don't have all the different hardware and cannot test all possible installations.

Good to hear that it will work on some machines. However, aparently some have the same problem as me (kasper_b & Gambit). I use a QNAP 209b using SSOTS 4.0-7.4.0 and have tried with both 7.4.0 and 7.4.1 squeeze server tarball. I get no error message - just the usual "The server has finished scanning your music collection.
Total Time: 00:13:26 (Tuesday, October 20, 2009 / 8:02 PM)". When I then g oback to to "home" I have nothing under "albums", however, as others have seen similarly I can get all my music manually under "music folder". I never get an error message or anything unusual. Rescan seems to work well, but it still won't show my albums. Any idea how I can debug or give any more information that can lead towards a solution is highly approeciated.

Thanks..

PS: My scans with approx. the same speed as with 7.3.3.

flipflip
2009-10-20, 12:41
Try using the TS' internal mysqld:

ln -sf /usr/local/mysql/libexec/mysqld /opt/ssods4/bin/mysqld

Apparently that fixes the issue.

stj
2009-10-20, 13:36

Thanks a lot! I'll try to find out what that all means. Seems mighty programmer language like - Brrr! ;-) It's late here - so that will be tomorrow's task - I hope it won't give me grey hear to find out what it means and where to tap it in.... Thanks in any case..

badbob
2009-10-20, 13:41
pretty cool slimserver is built into ssots saves installing it afterwards. Install plugin tool is missing though, would like to install custom browse and musicinfoscr

Pokersut
2009-10-20, 13:43

I wonder if it will also fix the issue on Diskstations ...? I have tried this

ln -sf /usr/syno/mysql/libexec/mysqld /opt/ssods4/bin/mysqld

and I am currently doing a rescan - will report back whether or not the problem goes away.

Mikkel

holkoz
2009-10-20, 14:00

Yes, that fixed the empty library after scan problem on my Qnap-109 II, thanks!

flipflip
2009-10-20, 14:11
I wonder if it will also fix the issue on Diskstations ...? I have tried this

ln -sf /usr/syno/mysql/libexec/mysqld /opt/ssods4/bin/mysqld

Most likely. There seems to be an issue with the mysqld built for arm. Not sure what it is though (the build seems okay, mysql starts etc. no idea..)

flipflip
2009-10-20, 14:13
Thanks a lot! I'll try to find out what that all means. Seems mighty programmer language like - Brrr! ;-) It's late here - so that will be tomorrow's task - I hope it won't give me grey hear to find out what it means and where to tap it in.... Thanks in any case..

It means that you have to enter this command on the TS:
Stop Squeezebox Server.
ssh to the TS
issue the command
Start Squeezebox Server.

There's nothing special about it: "ln" as in "link", "-s" as in "symbolic link" and "-f" as in "force", followed by the link source and target. You can see where the link points to by using the command "ls -l /opt/ssods4/bin/mysqld" (it now points to /opt/ssods4/libexec/mysqld and it should point to /usr/local/...).

You should see that the SSODS status page shows a different version number for mysql.

It might be neccessary to clean the Cache. Either delete /opt/ssods4/var/SqueezeboxServer/Cache or uninstall SS and reinstall it.

flipflip
2009-10-20, 14:14
There's an update to SSODS 4.1 at the usual location that should fix some issues (upload, plugin install).

Dingsdada
2009-10-20, 14:37
@flipflip
thanks for your advice:
Artwork scanning is slow: In SS: go to Server Settings → Advanced → Performance and set «Artwork Resampling» to «Resize Artwork».

Now it performs very well.
outstanding work!!!

Ryssen
2009-10-20, 15:17
There's an update to SSODS 4.1 at the usual location that should fix some issues (upload, plugin install).
The patch wont install!

Edit:Got it working now...

JPelton
2009-10-20, 18:26

Works for me too. Thanks a million!

gambit
2009-10-20, 19:54
I killed ss, ran:
restarted SS and all my music was there. sweet!

I'm kicking off a rescan to sort out album art, but this looks like it got it - thanks!

Riki

Kuro
2009-10-20, 20:24
I've now gone back to SSODS 3.22 + SC 7.3.3.

There is no sense in going to 7.4.x IMO.

7.4.x is loaded with bugs (artwork scan, skipping playlist items with unicode, etc). And the memory foot print of SSODS4 + 7.4.x is about 160KB larger than 3.22 + 7.3.3.

What values does 7.4.x bring? Nothing to me really. I just use my TP to listen to my FLAC rips. Don't use any of the online radio / music stuff.

If you're like me, there is no value in going to 7.4 at the moment...

stj
2009-10-21, 00:31

Thanks a lot flipflip! I have my music back... :-) The 4.1 solved the missing music problem completely.

Pokersut
2009-10-21, 00:52

Just to clarify: Should I extract the update separately, i.e. do

tar -xzvpf /path/to/ssods-4.1-7.4.0-update-armel.tar.gz

or should I put it in the same directory as the main tarball and extract that one (again)?

I ask because the installation instructions say to "Copy the SSODS tar ball [...] to the machine on which you want to install SSODS. *Also copy possible update tar balls*."

Mikkel

flipflip
2009-10-21, 01:19
Just to clarify: Should I extract the update separately, i.e. do

tar -xzvpf /path/to/ssods-4.1-7.4.0-update-armel.tar.gz

or should I put it in the same directory as the main tarball and extract that one (again)?

I ask because the installation instructions say to "Copy the SSODS tar ball [...] to the machine on which you want to install SSODS. *Also copy possible update tar balls*."

Mikkel

You have to extract the 4.0 tar ball first and then extract the 4.1 tar ball. E.g.

cd /opt/ssods4
tar -xzvpf /path/to/ssods-4.0-7.4.0-armel.tar.gz
tar -xzvpf /path/to/ssods-4.1-7.4.0-armel.tar.gz

The second tar ball contains some updated and some new files.

flip

flipflip
2009-10-21, 01:21
I've now gone back to SSODS 3.22 + SC 7.3.3.

There is no sense in going to 7.4.x IMO.

7.4.x is loaded with bugs (artwork scan, skipping playlist items with unicode, etc). And the memory foot print of SSODS4 + 7.4.x is about 160KB larger than 3.22 + 7.3.3.

What values does 7.4.x bring? Nothing to me really. I just use my TP to listen to my FLAC rips. Don't use any of the online radio / music stuff.

If you're like me, there is no value in going to 7.4 at the moment...

My words. NEVER (EVER!) touch a running system!

However, if you have one of the new devices (Radio, Touch) you'll need 7.4.

Kuro
2009-10-21, 01:45
My words. NEVER (EVER!) touch a running system!

However, if you have one of the new devices (Radio, Touch) you'll need 7.4.

I was hoping the new software would solve the hard disk hibenation problem. It worked with some SSODS + 7.3.2 release awhile ago and it is not working w/ SSODS 3.22+ 7.3.3. The disk keeps waking up every 20 mins and I try turning on trace/debug and it did not log the process that is causing the wake up...

Anyway, I do not have Radio or Touch. So I'm back to 7.3.3 now. But flipflip, your contribution is greatly appreciated.

I can go back to the old version, I've some knowledge in Linux so it is no problem to me.

Hellsblade
2009-10-21, 03:04
Hi FlipFlip.

Great, thx for the fix.

Got my artists back by running the 4.1-7.4.0 version on my system, but now there is no artwork. Do you have an idea on how to solve this without doing a clear database and rescan everything? I'm getting a bit tired of waiting 2 hours to complete this and ending up with the same result.

Rgrds,
Hellsblade

NB: Searching in Google on the error in the MySQL error log in the 4.0 version, suggests a badly compiled or damaged mysqld. (mysql.user has no `Event_priv` column at position 29)

Edit: Got my artwork back by upgrading to the latest nightly build, and doing a rescan. ;-)

flipflip
2009-10-21, 07:50
Got my artists back by running the 4.1-7.4.0 version on my system, but now there is no artwork. Do you have an idea on how to solve this without doing a clear database and rescan everything? I'm getting a bit tired of waiting 2 hours to complete this and ending up with the same result.

What about testing it with a small subset of your library? E.g. point the music library directory to a subdirectory of the library.

NB: Searching in Google on the error in the MySQL error log in the 4.0 version, suggests a badly compiled or damaged mysqld. (mysql.user has no `Event_priv` column at position 29)

Can you please comment on this and provide the messages you see in the mysql error log as well as the links you found? I'd sure like to fix this.

QDon
2009-10-21, 08:18
Thanks flip for all the great work!! Much appreciated.

I use QNAP NAS devices and as you are probably aware all of them include MySQL built into the firmware. I have MySQL running as it is used by a few other applications. I am requesting that you add an option to the SSOTS configuration to allow the use of the built-in already running MySQL instead of launching a separate version. This way there is only one instance of MySQL running, I have only one database to administer/monitor/tune/etc, and databases located in one folder that I can backup. I think it should be fairly easy to do. I think all that would be needed is:

- adding a check box to indicate to not start MySQL and use the already running one
- add a text box to specify the MySQL port #
- add text boxes for ID & PW (not sure if needed)
- modify scripts to check to see if SSOTS version of MySQL should be launched

I have no web programming skills so can't help you with the web pages but I can assist with the bash scripting if you would like.

I'm sure others would be interested in this also.

Thanks
Don

flipflip
2009-10-21, 10:31
Thanks flip for all the great work!! Much appreciated.

I use QNAP NAS devices and as you are probably aware all of them include MySQL built into the firmware. I have MySQL running as it is used by a few other applications. I am requesting that you add an option to the SSOTS configuration to allow the use of the built-in already running MySQL instead of launching a separate version. This way there is only one instance of MySQL running, I have only one database to administer/monitor/tune/etc, and databases located in one folder that I can backup. I think it should be fairly easy to do. I think all that would be needed is:

- adding a check box to indicate to not start MySQL and use the already running one
- add a text box to specify the MySQL port #
- add text boxes for ID & PW (not sure if needed)
- modify scripts to check to see if SSOTS version of MySQL should be launched

I have no web programming skills so can't help you with the web pages but I can assist with the bash scripting if you would like.

I'm sure others would be interested in this also.

Thanks
Don

That has got nothing to do with SSODS at all. It's Squeezebox Server that starts mysql. One used to be able to use a already running mysql server by editing the SS preferences file. I've seen that in the wiki and I'm sure it's described somewhere in the forum.

Brendianer
2009-10-21, 12:41
Sorry guys! Need some help.

I arrived in the description at point 7

7. Extract the SSODS tar ball:
(replace "armel" with "ppc" or "i386" to match your hardware)

$ cd /opt/ssods4
$ tar -xzvpf /path/to/ssods-%%SSODSRELEASE%%-armel.tar.gz

Similarly, extract possible update tar balls.

I copied the file to public.

What have I to do under point 7.

Thanks.

Pokersut
2009-10-21, 13:11
What have I to do under point 7.

I assume that you have SSH'ed your way into the DS? If not, do a google for a programme called WinSCP and download it.

Connect to your DS using its IP address. Username is "root" and the password is the one you get when you enable SSH on the DS (if I remember correctly ...).

Once you are in, open a terminal window (Ctrl+T) and type this and press Execute:

cd /opt/ssods4

Then type this and press Execute:

tar -xzvpf /volume1/public/ssods-4.0-7.4.0-armel.tar.gz

This will extract the installation tar ball.

After it is finished (it will stop unpacking files after a while), type this in the terminal and press Execute:

tar -xzvpf /volume1/public/ssods-4.1-7.4.0-update-armel.tar.gz

That will extract the update.

Then continue with Step 8.

Mikkel

Brendianer
2009-10-21, 14:13
Thanks!
In the meantime I found out:
Windows is hiding *.gz so I only typed x-times (I marked the file name and copied it):

ssods-4.0-7.4.0-armel.tar

and got an error message "File not found".

Typing correctly ssods-4.0-7.4.0-armel.tar.gz solved the problem and everything works fine.

Regards.

P.S. Many thanks to Flip

Hellsblade
2009-10-21, 15:33
Can you please comment on this and provide the messages you see in the mysql error log as well as the links you found? I'd sure like to fix this.
Yes we can ;-).
The error log looked like this;
091019 23:00:44 InnoDB: Started; log sequence number 0 82962922
091019 23:00:44 [ERROR] Can't open and lock privilege tables: Table 'mysql.servers' doesn't exist
091019 23:00:44 [ERROR] Column count of mysql.db is wrong. Expected 22, found 20. The table is probably corrupted
091019 23:00:44 [ERROR] mysql.user has no `Event_priv` column at position 29
091019 23:00:44 [ERROR] Cannot open mysql.event
091019 23:00:44 [ERROR] Event Scheduler: An error occurred when initializing system tables.
091019 23:00:44 [Note] /opt/ssods4/bin/mysqld: ready for connections.
Version: '5.1.37' socket: '/opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Cache/squeezebox-mysql.sock' port: 9092 SSODS

I did a google search on the sentence mentioned and found several articles on an (old) bug wich stated that a script was released to correct this. Look here http://bugs.mysql.com/bug.php?id=25129
A few articles later someone suggested a badly compiled MySQLDamon or a damaged executable. Look here; http://lists-archives.org/mysql/33065-mysql-5-1-error.html
Thats all the research i did. Not much to go on maybe. And ofcourse i'm not an expert, but maybe some SQL expert can jump in and give you a hand.

My hunch is that you use a preconfigured incompatible 5.0 database? Because i also tried to delete the MySQL directory in the cache directory. Restarting (after a reboot) gave me the same errors in the error log. While the database and the subdirs where automatically recreated. Maybe running the script wich is reffered to can solve you problem? See article; http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/mysql-upgrade.html

Regards,
Hellsblade

QDon
2009-10-21, 18:52
That has got nothing to do with SSODS at all. It's Squeezebox Server that starts mysql. One used to be able to use a already running mysql server by editing the SS preferences file. I've seen that in the wiki and I'm sure it's described somewhere in the forum.
Hi flip,

Thanks for the response. I found the wiki and got it working. All I needed to do was change two lines in server.prefs file. I know it has nothing to do with SSOTS but it would be nice to be able to select it in SSOTS and have SSOTS make the changes instead of manually doing it. :-)

Thanks again
Don

markholm
2009-10-22, 10:25
Hello

Let's use this thread for discussion about SSODS 4.

After upgrading from 7.3.3 to 7.4.1 (which works just fine), the day/month/year on the date/time screensaver is now in English instead of Danish. Previously, this was controlled by setting the locale in SSODS 3.x. I have done the same in 4.1, but with no change.

I've spent a few hours trying to figure out why (looking in scripts etc.), haven't found any clues. My best guess now is that SSODS is missing some of the relevant locale files (da_DK.UTF-8). Comparing the locale directories on SSODS 3.x with 4.1 shows this:

On 3.x, below ${SSDIR}/share/locale is a lot of subdirs containing LC_MESSAGES/libc.mo, which AFAIK is the message strings for the given locale. On 4.1 I can't find these dirs anywhere. However, in ${SSDIR}/lib/locale is now a file called locale-archive, which might contain the same content, but I haven't got a clue ;)

Is there some locale issues in SSODS 4.1, or is it just me missing the obvious?

Cheers,
Mark

QDon
2009-10-22, 10:41
Installed SSOTS 4.1-7.4.0 on a QNAP TS-509 (x86) and everything works fine except the upload tarball. When I select the file to be uploaded to the tarball directory I get a success message but the file is not copied. The directory is empty. I have to manually copy the file to the tarball directory in order to upgrade SBS.

bobertuk
2009-10-22, 11:05
Installed SSOTS 4.1-7.4.0 on a QNAP TS-509 (x86) and everything works fine except the upload tarball. When I select the file to be uploaded to the tarball directory I get a success message but the file is not copied. The directory is empty. I have to manually copy the file to the tarball directory in order to upgrade SBS.

From SSOTS 4.1 you can copy the tarball into the NAS 'Public' folder to install - as with previous versions of SSOTS.

Bob

PetervanHanergem
2009-10-22, 13:05
i have problems connecting to mysqueezebox. i get an error on login or password. This is only on the qnap. It works fine on a pc, so the name and password is oke

anybody ?

SOLVED. i had to put in my dns records

badbob
2009-10-22, 13:08
Installed "Release 4.1-7.4.0"

Where's the option to install plugins? What if I connect with telnet where is slimcenter location on the NAS?

Hellsblade
2009-10-22, 13:37
Installed "Release 4.1-7.4.0"
Where's the option to install plugins? What if I connect with telnet where is slimcenter location on the NAS?

The option to install plugins is within the squeezebox server interface under settings. On my NAS the restarting doesn't work. It only stops. I have to start it by hand from within the SSOTS interface status page.
Location on the NAS depends on the NAS look in the install guide http://oinkzwurgl.org/ssods_installation.

badbob
2009-10-22, 13:55
The option to install plugins is within the squeezebox server interface under settings. On my NAS the restarting doesn't work. It only stops. I have to start it by hand from within the SSOTS interface status page.
Location on the NAS depends on the NAS look in the install guide http://oinkzwurgl.org/ssods_installation.

Think you didn't understand, ssots had a util to install other plugins such as custom browse. It's now missing. The plugin settings is to enable or disable existing installed plugins.

Hellsblade
2009-10-22, 14:31
Think you didn't understand, ssots had a util to install other plugins such as custom browse. It's now missing. The plugin settings is to enable or disable existing installed plugins.
I think you didn't take the trouble to look around. Custom browse is in the list of instalable third party plugins in the settings page (scroll down). I think its possible to install plugins by hand, but not all plugins are compatible with 7.4.x. Take a look in the 3rd party plugin threads. I've read in another thread that this is the reason the plugin util was removed from ssots.

QDon
2009-10-22, 14:31
From SSOTS 4.1 you can copy the tarball into the NAS 'Public' folder to install - as with previous versions of SSOTS.

Bob
Yes I know but the point is that the upload function of SSOTS did not work.

hkfriends
2009-10-23, 06:45
problem in this due to: Qnap219 (RAID 0)

i need to manually add SS prefs and using built-in mySQL

MySQL
091023 21:42:40 [Warning] option 'max_join_size': unsigned value 18446744073709551615 adjusted to 4294967295
091023 21:42:40 [Warning] option 'max_join_size': unsigned value 18446744073709551615 adjusted to 4294967295
091023 21:42:40 [Warning] option 'myisam_max_extra_sort_file_size': unsigned value 2147483648 adjusted to 2147483647
Version : 5.0.67-log
Database size : 4.0K
Process status : not running

hkfriends
2009-10-23, 09:39
even i am using the QNAP built-in mySQL, it will crashed without scanning the music folder ???

0074:
0073: [09-10-24 00:36:24.5724] Slim::Schema::init (130) Backtrace:
0072: [09-10-24 00:36:24.5676] Slim::Schema::init (130) Error: Couldn't connect to database! Fatal error: [Connection refused] Exiting!
0071:
0070: frame 24: main::main (/volume1/SqueezeCenter/slimserver.pl line 1065)
0069: frame 23: main::idle (/volume1/SqueezeCenter/slimserver.pl line 574)
0068: frame 22: Slim::Networking::IO::Select::loop (/volume1/SqueezeCenter/slimserver.pl line 620)
0067: frame 21: (eval) (/share/MD0_DATA/SqueezeCenter/Slim/Networking/IO/Select.pm line 183)
0066: frame 20: Slim::Networking::IO::Select::__ANON__ (/share/MD0_DATA/SqueezeCenter/Slim/Networking/IO/Select.pm line 183)
0065: frame 19: (eval) (/share/MD0_DATA/SqueezeCenter/Slim/Networking/IO/Select.pm line 123)
0064: frame 18: Slim::Web::HTTP::processHTTP (/share/MD0_DATA/SqueezeCenter/Slim/Networking/IO/Select.pm line 139)

docmartin
2009-10-23, 12:13
Hi.I'm running a Qnap 119-TS with SSODS 4.0 -7.4. Like others previously in this thread when I do a scan of my music it can be found in my music folder but will only appear in the library once it's been played. The fix

using the TS's own internal mysqld has been suggested earlier but I've no idea what it means!

Would some kind person gently take me by the hand & tell me what I need to do step by step to put this fix in place. Many thanks.

QDon
2009-10-23, 13:11
Uses SSOTS to uninstall SqueezeBoxServer and then use the QPKG admin to stop SSOTS and then remove it. Download QPKG SSOTS version 4.1-7.4.0 and install it. Also download from mysqueezebox.com the updated release (7.4.1). Use SSOTS to ugrade from 7.4 to 7.4.1. Start SBS and everything should be good.

vrelits
2009-10-23, 14:01
Tried to update to 7.4.1 but every time I restart my NAS, my music library is empty (otherwise everything seemed to work). I tried using the internal MySQL using flipflip's sym link, but the result was the same.

Reverted to 7.3.3.

QDon
2009-10-23, 14:43
Tried to update to 7.4.1 but every time I restart my NAS, my music library is empty (otherwise everything seemed to work). I tried using the internal MySQL using flipflip's sym link, but the result was the same.

Reverted to 7.3.3.
Did you upgrade the QPKG to the new 4.1 version?

hkfriends
2009-10-23, 19:26
it is strange, even using the internal mySQL in QNAP still not working

in the prefs set already (DB also created)
dbsource: dbi:mysql:database=slimserver:host=localhost

It is working before this version....

now cannot connected

QDon
2009-10-23, 19:48
Two things. You need a semi colon between slimserver and host and not a colon. Also try a host of 127.0.0.1

This is mine and it works.

dbsource: dbi:mysql:hostname=127.0.0.1;port=3306;database=sl imserver

vrelits
2009-10-23, 20:21
Did you upgrade the QPKG to the new 4.1 version?

Yes, I download SSOTS_4.1-7.4.0_arm.zip from QNAP.

bleeder
2009-10-24, 03:44
Hey

I have posted this problem on qnap forums too: http://forum.qnap.com/viewtopic.php?f=123&t=20521

Upgraded to latest version of SSOTS 4.1 and SS 7.4.1. Scanning my music lib is working just fine :-) but it seems that some users and (me) have problems playing ape, wma and other formats.

Server log:

308: Invalid ASF header: /Qmultimedia/FreezeBox/FreezeBox Lib/The Brecker Brothers/Heavy Metal Be Bop/03 Some Skunk Funk.wma
1307: Invalid ASF header: /Qmultimedia/FreezeBox/FreezeBox Lib/The Brecker Brothers/Heavy Metal Be Bop/02 Inside Out.wma
1306: Invalid ASF header: /Qmultimedia/FreezeBox/FreezeBox Lib/Lydbøger/Psykologi og eksistens/[NoDRM]-DEL23.WMA
1305: Invalid ASF header: /Qmultimedia/FreezeBox/FreezeBox Lib/Lydbøger/Psykologi og eksistens/[NoDRM]-DEL22.WMA
1304: Invalid ASF header: /Qmultimedia/FreezeBox/FreezeBox Lib/Lydbøger/Psykologi og eksistens/[NoDRM]-DEL21.WMA
1303: Invalid ASF header: /Qmultimedia/FreezeBox/FreezeBox Lib/Lydbøger/Psykologi og eksistens/[NoDRM]-DEL20.WMA
205: [09-10-24 03:22:04.6539] Slim::Control::Request::execute (1918) Error: While trying to run function coderef [Slim::Control::Queries::statusQuery]: [Can't call method "remote" on an undefined value at /share/HDA_DATA/.qpkg/SSOTS/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Slim/Control/Queries.pm line 3711.
1204: Invalid ASF header: /Qmultimedia/FreezeBox/FreezeBox Lib/Lydbøger/Det uperfekte menneske/[NoDRM]-DEL01.WMA
1203: [09-10-24 03:21:57.2347] Slim::Web::JSONRPC::requestMethod (358) Request failed with error: Bad dispatch!

Running the latest firmware on my TS-109.

docmartin
2009-10-24, 07:47
Just a note of thanks to Qdon - following your instructions has got me sorted - now working perfectly without the need to understand any of the gibberish (to me at least!)in mysgl.
Thanks to flipflip too, I'm new to all this but am very impressed by the interest & speedy responses on this forum.

Pade2204
2009-10-24, 13:25
I have this strange error.

I just installed SSODS 4.1 - and it was great, thanks.

But when Im on the SqueezeServer menu on both my Boom and Classic3, then, when I want to connect to mysqueezebox.com from the menu its say "Cant connect to server" but when I connect through the Network setting menu, it connects at once...

What is wrong ?

jasell
2009-10-25, 15:22
Hi,
I'm about to uppgrade to SBS 7.4.1, I have dowloaded the SSOTS 4.1-7.4.0.

When I wen tto Slimdevices download pages I noticed it change, I don't know what packages to use any more.

Should it be Debian/Ubuntu OR Linuyx RPM OR Perl Source Code?

I have a QNAP TS-209 II pro (arm processor).

QDon
2009-10-25, 18:05
Hi,
I'm about to uppgrade to SBS 7.4.1, I have dowloaded the SSOTS 4.1-7.4.0.

When I wen tto Slimdevices download pages I noticed it change, I don't know what packages to use any more.

Should it be Debian/Ubuntu OR Linuyx RPM OR Perl Source Code?

I have a QNAP TS-209 II pro (arm processor).

You need the perl source.

Pokersut
2009-10-26, 07:34
Hi.

I'm still having problems - I managed to install Squeezebox Server v7.4.1, r28948 on my Synology DS-107+, but I had the problem that all music disappeared after scanning completed.

This was solved by switching to the internal mysqld (ln -sf /usr/syno/mysql/libexec/mysqld /opt/ssods4/bin/mysqld) - so far, so good.

After a little mingling with my wireless network, my Controller found the DS, and I could play my music.

But then I wanted to add some plugins to Squeezebox Server (from the web ui). This requires a reboot of SS, but now it won't start again.

I get this in the server log:

/opt/ssods4/bin/perl: symbol lookup error: /opt/ssods4/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.0/armv5tejl-linux-thread-multi/auto/Linux/Inotify2/Inotify2.so: undefined symbol: inotify_init

What can I try ...?

luny
2009-10-26, 10:54
I also had this error. Inotify 2 is new in SSODS 4, but it doesn't seem to work.

Only way to got SBS started was disabling the auto rescan plugin that uses Inotify2.

Pokersut
2009-10-26, 13:21
What can I try ...?

Okay - the mystery deepens ...:

I decided to try a complete uninstall/reinstall of both SSODS and Squeezebox Server, but that just made things go from bad to worse - now I can't even access SSODS!

All I get when I go to http://myipaddress:9099/ssods/ is a 404 page saying "The requested URL '/ssods/' was not found on this server. "

I have tried clearing my cache and restarted my browser, but still no luck - I need some help, please!

Longfield
2009-10-26, 14:29
I just wanted to confirm that using the mysql coming with the DS solved the empty library problem after scan on a DS-209 with SSODS 4.1 and SS 7.4.0.

By the way is 7.4.1 supported yet or do we have to wait for SSOD 4.1-7.4.1 ?

And of course I want to thank you flipflip for your work and your support here in the forum.

avkooi
2009-10-27, 01:06
@ Longfield: I did the upgrade to version 7.4.1 on my DS408 last Friday. No problems so far! BTW: I use SSODS 4.1-7.4.0.

@ flipflip: Thanks again for this great work! I prefer your SSODS over the Synology package everyday!

Pokersut
2009-10-27, 03:28
I have tried clearing my cache and restarted my browser, but still no luck - I need some help, please!

Success - a reboot of the DS solved the problem :-D

flipflip
2009-10-27, 05:45
/opt/ssods4/bin/perl: symbol lookup error: /opt/ssods4/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.0/armv5tejl-linux-thread-multi/auto/Linux/Inotify2/Inotify2.so: undefined symbol: inotify_init

Not sure, but maybe the DS' Linux kernel doesn't have this functionality. Probably disabling the use of this module as described by others helps. You could also try to remove the Inotify2.pm file that lies somewhere in a subdirectory of /opt/ssods4/lib/perl5. Then SS would probably just not load/use it.

flipflip
2009-10-27, 05:49
All I get when I go to http://myipaddress:9099/ssods/ is a 404 page saying "The requested URL '/ssods/' was not found on this server. "

Do you really see a 404 or does the server not respond at all?

First case:

Restart the SSODS init scripts that should fix potential permission issues:

/opt/ssods4/etc/init.d/rc.ssods stop
/opt/ssods4/etc/init.d/rc.ssods start

If only the web server is not running try to start it:

/opt/ssods4/etc/init.d/thhpd-ssods start

And there's a log file of the web server in /opt/ssods4/var/log

And you could try to access the ssods4 logo at http://yourbox:9099/ssods/ssods4.png (maybe it is ssods.png, i'm not sure).

Pokersut
2009-10-27, 05:54
Do you really see a 404 or does the server not respond at all?

I saw a 404, but as I wrote above, a restart of the DS solved the problem.

Thanks for your suggestions, though - will save them for future reference!

Mikkel

local.bin
2009-10-27, 06:59

Reverted to 7.3.3.

I updated SSODS to 4.1 and SlimServer to 7.4.2 and I too wait an hour for a scan, which finds everything, but results in an empty database ...

Any thoughts would be appreciated while I try and track down the error...

HarryPotter
2009-10-27, 10:59
SqueezeboxServer doesnt start anymore with nightly build 29019 (each previous nightly versions worked).

Here is the log:

3624: [09-10-27 18:56:02 ] ssctrl failed to start SqueezeboxServer.
3623:
3622: 3. Run the .tar.gz version of Squeezebox Server which includes all required CPAN modules.
3621: 2. Update the module's package using apt-get, yum, etc.
3620: 1. Install the latest version of the module(s) using CPAN: sudo cpan Some::Module
3619: To fix this problem you have several options:
3618:
3617: Audio::Scan (loaded 0.44, need 0.45)
3616: The following CPAN modules were found but cannot work with Squeezebox Server:
3615: [09-10-27 18:55:48 ] ssctrl Command line = /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/slimserver.pl --daemon --pidfile /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Cache/squeezecenter.pid --cachedir /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Cache --logdir /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Logs --prefsdir /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Prefs --noupnp --priority 0 --user admin --group users
3614: [09-10-27 18:55:16 ] ssctrl Starting SqueezeboxServer 7.4.2-29019.
3613: [09-10-27 18:50:42 ] ssctrl failed to start SqueezeboxServer.
3612:
3611: 3. Run the .tar.gz version of Squeezebox Server which includes all required CPAN modules.
3610: 2. Update the module's package using apt-get, yum, etc.
3609: 1. Install the latest version of the module(s) using CPAN: sudo cpan Some::Module
3608: To fix this problem you have several options:
3607:
3606: Audio::Scan (loaded 0.44, need 0.45)
3605: The following CPAN modules were found but cannot work with Squeezebox Server:
3604: [09-10-27 18:50:34 ] ssctrl Command line = /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/slimserver.pl --daemon --pidfile /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Cache/squeezecenter.pid --cachedir /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Cache --logdir /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Logs --prefsdir /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Prefs --noupnp --priority 0 --user admin --group users
3603: [09-10-27 18:50:34 ] ssctrl Enabled work-around for bug #4615 (MySQL errmsg.txt).
3602: [09-10-27 18:50:34 ] ssctrl Enabled work-around for bug #4615 (MySQL errmsg.sys).
3601: [09-10-27 18:50:13 ] ssctrl Starting SqueezeboxServer 7.4.2-29019.
3600: [09-10-27 18:48:19 ] ssctrl Error while stopping SqueezeboxServer.

bobertuk
2009-10-27, 11:29
SqueezeboxServer doesnt start anymore with nightly build 29019 (each previous nightly versions worked).

Here is the log:

3624: [09-10-27 18:56:02 ] ssctrl failed to start SqueezeboxServer.
3623:
3622: 3. Run the .tar.gz version of Squeezebox Server which includes all required CPAN modules.
3621: 2. Update the module's package using apt-get, yum, etc.
3620: 1. Install the latest version of the module(s) using CPAN: sudo cpan Some::Module
3619: To fix this problem you have several options:
3618:
3617: Audio::Scan (loaded 0.44, need 0.45)
3616: The following CPAN modules were found but cannot work with Squeezebox Server:
3615: [09-10-27 18:55:48 ] ssctrl Command line = /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/slimserver.pl --daemon --pidfile /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Cache/squeezecenter.pid --cachedir /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Cache --logdir /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Logs --prefsdir /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Prefs --noupnp --priority 0 --user admin --group users
3614: [09-10-27 18:55:16 ] ssctrl Starting SqueezeboxServer 7.4.2-29019.
3613: [09-10-27 18:50:42 ] ssctrl failed to start SqueezeboxServer.
3612:
3611: 3. Run the .tar.gz version of Squeezebox Server which includes all required CPAN modules.
3610: 2. Update the module's package using apt-get, yum, etc.
3609: 1. Install the latest version of the module(s) using CPAN: sudo cpan Some::Module
3608: To fix this problem you have several options:
3607:
3606: Audio::Scan (loaded 0.44, need 0.45)
3605: The following CPAN modules were found but cannot work with Squeezebox Server:
3604: [09-10-27 18:50:34 ] ssctrl Command line = /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/slimserver.pl --daemon --pidfile /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Cache/squeezecenter.pid --cachedir /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Cache --logdir /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Logs --prefsdir /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Prefs --noupnp --priority 0 --user admin --group users
3603: [09-10-27 18:50:34 ] ssctrl Enabled work-around for bug #4615 (MySQL errmsg.txt).
3602: [09-10-27 18:50:34 ] ssctrl Enabled work-around for bug #4615 (MySQL errmsg.sys).
3601: [09-10-27 18:50:13 ] ssctrl Starting SqueezeboxServer 7.4.2-29019.
3600: [09-10-27 18:48:19 ] ssctrl Error while stopping SqueezeboxServer.

That's because SSOTS 4 has Audio::Scan 0.44 embeded - SbS 7.4.2-29019 needs 0.45

It's possible to update SSOTS yourself if you are a little handy with Linnux. Extract Audio::Scan 0.45 (Scan.so & Scan.pm) from the tarball and manually replace the files in SSOTS with the newer ones.

I've done it and it works.

Bob

HarryPotter
2009-10-27, 11:59
Hm, ok unzipped the tarball file with WinRar and copied the 2 files.

still no success, this time the log looks like this:

3696: [09-10-27 19:54:28 ] ssctrl failed to start SqueezeboxServer.
3695:
3694: 3. Run the .tar.gz version of Squeezebox Server which includes all required CPAN modules.
3693: 2. Update the module's package using apt-get, yum, etc.
3692: 1. Install the latest version of the module(s) using CPAN: sudo cpan Some::Module
3691: To fix this problem you have several options:
3690:
3689:
3688: BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at (eval 27) line 2.
3687: Compilation failed in require at (eval 27) line 2.
3686: at /opt/ssods4/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.0/ppc-linux-thread-multi/Audio/Scan.pm line 8
3685: Can't load '/opt/ssods4/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.0/ppc-linux-thread-multi/auto/Audio/Scan/Scan.so' for module Audio::Scan: /opt/ssods4/lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.4' not found (required by /opt/ssods4/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.0/ppc-linux-thread-multi/auto/Audio/Scan/Scan.so) at /opt/ssods4/lib/perl5/5.10.0/ppc-linux-thread-multi/XSLoader.pm line 64.
3684: Audio::Scan:
3683: The following CPAN modules were found but cannot work with Squeezebox Server:
3682: [09-10-27 19:54:20 ] ssctrl Command line = /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/slimserver.pl --daemon --pidfile /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Cache/squeezecenter.pid --cachedir /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Cache --logdir /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Logs --prefsdir /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Prefs --noupnp --priority 0 --user admin --group users
3681: [09-10-27 19:54:20 ] ssctrl Enabled work-around for bug #4615 (MySQL errmsg.txt).
3680: [09-10-27 19:54:20 ] ssctrl Enabled work-around for bug #4615 (MySQL errmsg.sys).
3679: [09-10-27 19:54:08 ] ssctrl Starting SqueezeboxServer 7.4.2-29019.

bobertuk
2009-10-27, 12:11
Hm, ok unzipped the tarball file with WinRar and copied the 2 files.

still no success, this time the log looks like this:

3696: [09-10-27 19:54:28 ] ssctrl failed to start SqueezeboxServer.
3695:
3694: 3. Run the .tar.gz version of Squeezebox Server which includes all required CPAN modules.
3693: 2. Update the module's package using apt-get, yum, etc.
3692: 1. Install the latest version of the module(s) using CPAN: sudo cpan Some::Module
3691: To fix this problem you have several options:
3690:
3689:
3688: BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at (eval 27) line 2.
3687: Compilation failed in require at (eval 27) line 2.
3686: at /opt/ssods4/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.0/ppc-linux-thread-multi/Audio/Scan.pm line 8
3685: Can't load '/opt/ssods4/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.0/ppc-linux-thread-multi/auto/Audio/Scan/Scan.so' for module Audio::Scan: /opt/ssods4/lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.4' not found (required by /opt/ssods4/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.0/ppc-linux-thread-multi/auto/Audio/Scan/Scan.so) at /opt/ssods4/lib/perl5/5.10.0/ppc-linux-thread-multi/XSLoader.pm line 64.
3684: Audio::Scan:
3683: The following CPAN modules were found but cannot work with Squeezebox Server:
3682: [09-10-27 19:54:20 ] ssctrl Command line = /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/slimserver.pl --daemon --pidfile /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Cache/squeezecenter.pid --cachedir /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Cache --logdir /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Logs --prefsdir /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Prefs --noupnp --priority 0 --user admin --group users
3681: [09-10-27 19:54:20 ] ssctrl Enabled work-around for bug #4615 (MySQL errmsg.txt).
3680: [09-10-27 19:54:20 ] ssctrl Enabled work-around for bug #4615 (MySQL errmsg.sys).
3679: [09-10-27 19:54:08 ] ssctrl Starting SqueezeboxServer 7.4.2-29019.

Needs to be done like this but replace /i686-linux-thread-multi/ for your CPU type (I'm using an intel CPU on TS-509):

(This is copied from a post I made on the QNAP froum)

Only attempt this if you know what you are doing.

You can try out 7.4.2 by copying the Scan.so and Scan.pm files from the SbS tarball CPAN folder as follows:

Scan.so
======
From the tarball:
/CPAN/arch/5.10/i386-linux-thread-multi/auto/Audio/Scan/Scan.so

Copy to:
/opt/ssods4/SSOTS/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.0/i686-linux-thread-multi/auto/Audio/Scan/Scan.so

Scan.pm
=======
From the tarball:
/CPAN/Audio/Scan.pm

Copy to:
/opt/ssods4/SSOTS/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.0/i686-linux-thread-multi/Audio/Scan.pm

Make sure to rename the old file first to something like: Scan.so_0.44 or Scan.pm_0.44 - just in case it all goes wrong.
Set owner/group & rights of the new files to match those of the old files.

SbS should now start.

If you don't know what you are doing and/or don't know how to recover if it all goes wrong, don't try it.

HarryPotter
2009-10-27, 12:24
Yes, thats exactly what I did (took the powerpc-linux-thread-multi folder for my DS408 as the "old" Scan.so was there too)

No luck. And unfortunately I didnt save the old ones, so now also older versions of SbS do not run :-(

Do I have to stop / restart SSODS4? If yes, how to stop it?

Was it ok just to use wiindows to unrar the tarball or does it need some special linux commands to correct untar?

bobertuk
2009-10-27, 12:34
Yes, thats exactly what I did (took the powerpc-linux-thread-multi folder for my DS408 as the "old" Scan.so was there too)

No luck. And unfortunately I didnt save the old ones, so now also older versions of SbS do not run :-(

Do I have to stop / restart SSODS4? If yes, how to stop it?

Was it ok just to use wiindows to unrar the tarball or does it need some special linux commands to correct untar?

I stop/started my SSODS4 as a matter of course.

Log into your QNAP Web admin page -> Applications -> QPKG Plugins (where you installed the SSOTS QPKG's). Click in the SSOTS icon -> disable -> enable. That will stop then restart SSOTS.

Hopefully that will work.

I unzipped in windows as well so that should be OK.

Bob

HarryPotter
2009-10-27, 12:45
This procedure doesnt exist for SSODS 4 on a Synology NAS.

I'll try now with a restart of the NAS.

HarryPotter
2009-10-27, 12:54
Doesnt work, shit :-(

bobertuk
2009-10-27, 13:03
Doesnt work, shit :-(

Could be that it's a Synology not a QNAP.

You could download the SSODS 4 tar from flipflips site and take the Scan.so & Scan.pm files from that. That should give you what you had before.

Bob

yerma
2009-10-28, 08:30
Just a little question aside: I'm about to get my new TS-219P in about an hour. :-) What version of SSOTS do I need if want to install SC 7.3.3 on it? Would it work with SSOTS 4.1-7.4.0 or do I need to look for an older version?

QDon
2009-10-28, 09:08
yerma,

Yes it will work with SSOTS 4.1-7.4.0 but SBS 4.7.0 has some problems. After installing SSOTS 4.1-7.4.0 I would use SSOTS to upgrade SBS to 4.7.1 which you can download from http://www.mysqueezebox.com/download. You need the perl version.

Lusa
2009-10-28, 12:02
A vew days updating the SSODS on the Synololy DS207+ to 4.1 and it's working fine but i have only a couple of problems in the server log file.
How can i fix that?

0195: [09-10-28 19:45:11.5149] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1165) Warning: [19:45:11.5102] 'apps/radiotime/index.html' is not the same as '(?-xism:apps/radiotime/index.html)' at /volume1/SSODS4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Slim/Web/Pages.pm line 131
0190: gd-png error: setjmp returns error condition 2[09-10-28 19:38:33.6366] Slim::Web::Graphics::processCoverArtRequest (262) Error: Unable to resize plugins/cache/icons/radiolocal_25x25_f.png: Can't call method "width" on an undefined value at /volume1/SSODS4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Slim/Utils/ImageResizer.pm line 107.
0189: gd-png: fatal libpng error: Read Error: truncated data

The second problem is [Invalid UTF-8 value]

The log file stil continu whit these problems and is a huge log whit the same problems of above.

megabyte0469
2009-10-28, 12:28
Hallo,

SSODS4.1 works fine with nighly Version 7.4.2.29001 but the last nighly Version 7.4.2.29030 is not running

Following error in server log:

0121: [09-10-28 20:27:10 ] ssctrl failed to start SqueezeboxServer.
0120:
0119: 3. Run the .tar.gz version of Squeezebox Server which includes all required CPAN modules.
0118: 2. Update the module's package using apt-get, yum, etc.
0117: 1. Install the latest version of the module(s) using CPAN: sudo cpan Some::Module
0116: To fix this problem you have several options:
0115:
0114: Audio::Scan (loaded 0.44, need 0.45)
0113: The following CPAN modules were found but cannot work with Squeezebox Server:
0112: [09-10-28 20:27:05 ] ssctrl Command line = /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/slimserver.pl --daemon --pidfile /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Cache/squeezecenter.pid --cachedir /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Cache --logdir /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Logs --prefsdir /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Prefs --noupnp --priority 0 --user admin --group users
0111: [09-10-28 20:27:05 ] ssctrl Enabled work-around for bug #4615 (MySQL errmsg.txt).
0110: [09-10-28 20:27:05 ] ssctrl Enabled work-around for bug #4615 (MySQL errmsg.sys).
0109: [09-10-28 20:26:58 ] ssctrl Starting SqueezeboxServer 7.4.2-29030.

@flipflip.
The Problem is the Audio SCan Modul (loaded 0.44 need 0.45) ?????

QDon
2009-10-28, 12:41
SSODS/SSOTS is designed to work with production versions of SBS 7.4.0 and it also works with 7.4.1. flipflip has made no guarentees that it will work with nightly builds. He has also stated in the past that he will not be keeping up with the ever changing requiremsnts of the nightly builds.

Search the forum others have posted ways to update the modules.

megabyte0469
2009-10-29, 02:09
SSODS/SSOTS is designed to work with production versions of SBS 7.4.0 and it also works with 7.4.1. flipflip has made no guarentees that it will work with nightly builds. He has also stated in the past that he will not be keeping up with the ever changing requiremsnts of the nightly builds.

Search the forum others have posted ways to update the modules.

sorry, i can't find information from "update the modules" ????

flipflip
2009-10-29, 02:16
You can try out 7.4.2 by copying the Scan.so and Scan.pm files from the SbS tarball CPAN folder as follows:

It should also work if you delete (rename) the Scan module files in /opt/ssods4/... because SS will look in it's CPAN directory anyway for modules that it could't find in the system paths (/opt/ssods4/...).

However, this is not going to work on the Synology boxes because the libraries that come with it are too old (GLIBC 2.3, the SS modules need 2.4, or so).

flip

yerma
2009-10-29, 05:11
yerma,

Yes it will work with SSOTS 4.1-7.4.0 but SBS 4.7.0 has some problems. After installing SSOTS 4.1-7.4.0 I would use SSOTS to upgrade SBS to 4.7.1 which you can download from http://www.mysqueezebox.com/download. You need the perl version.

Thanks, but unfortunately Squeezecenter 7.3.3 didn't start under SSOTS 4.1. I found a previous version of SSOTS (3.18), that did the trick...

Pokersut
2009-10-29, 05:41
I updated SSODS to 4.1 and SlimServer to 7.4.2 and I too wait an hour for a scan, which finds everything, but results in an empty database ...

Any thoughts would be appreciated while I try and track down the error...

I had this problem too. Switching to the internal mysqld solved the problem (ln -sf /usr/syno/mysql/libexec/mysqld /opt/ssods4/bin/mysqld from a command prompt).

QDon
2009-10-29, 08:42
sorry, i can't find information from "update the modules" ????
The info is in this thread. See post #129. There could be others also.

megabyte0469
2009-10-29, 14:25
The info is in this thread. See post #129. There could be others also.

Thank you but Squeezecenter have with this modules problems. See the logfile:

0612: [09-10-29 22:36:15 ] ssctrl failed to start SqueezeboxServer.
0611:
0610: 3. Run the .tar.gz version of Squeezebox Server which includes all required CPAN modules.
0609: 2. Update the module's package using apt-get, yum, etc.
0608: 1. Install the latest version of the module(s) using CPAN: sudo cpan Some::Module
0607: To fix this problem you have several options:
0606:
0605:
0604: BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at (eval 27) line 2.
0603: Compilation failed in require at (eval 27) line 2.
0602: at /opt/ssods4/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.0/ppc-linux-thread-multi/Audio/Scan.pm line 8
0601: Can't load '/opt/ssods4/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.0/ppc-linux-thread-multi/auto/Audio/Scan/Scan.so' for module Audio::Scan: /opt/ssods4/lib/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.4' not found (required by /opt/ssods4/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.0/ppc-linux-thread-multi/auto/Audio/Scan/Scan.so) at /opt/ssods4/lib/perl5/5.10.0/ppc-linux-thread-multi/XSLoader.pm line 64.
0600: Audio::Scan:
0599: The following CPAN modules were found but cannot work with Squeezebox Server:
0598: [09-10-29 22:36:14 ] ssctrl Command line = /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/slimserver.pl --daemon --pidfile /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Cache/squeezecenter.pid --cachedir /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Cache --logdir /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Logs --prefsdir /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Prefs --noupnp --priority 0 --user admin --group users
0597: [09-10-29 22:36:13 ] ssctrl Starting SqueezeboxServer 7.4.2-29073.

flipflip
2009-10-29, 15:12
> 0597: [09-10-29 22:36:13 ] ssctrl Starting SqueezeboxServer 7.4.2-29073.

You're using the wrong version of SS. SSODS 4.1 is made for 7.4.0 (and 7.4.1 also works, but 7.4.2 not). Use 7.4.1.

flip

HarryPotter
2009-10-29, 17:27
SSODS 4.1 is made for 7.4.0 (and 7.4.1 also works, but 7.4.2 not)
flip

7.4.2 is working with nightly built < 29019

megabyte0469
2009-10-29, 23:33
my last nightly version form SqueezeboxServer works with SSODS 4.1-7.4.0 is 7.4.2-29001 ????
7.4.2.29019 have problem with the scan modules.....on Diskstation 409+

local.bin
2009-10-31, 17:39

Same problem here now, did you get yours sorted?

As well as the unable to access mysqueezebox.com :(

Dingsdada
2009-11-01, 11:37
do this:

Artwork scanning is slow:
In SS: go to Server Settings → Advanced → Performance and set «Artwork Resampling» to «Resize Artwork».

local.bin
2009-11-01, 13:35
do this:

Artwork scanning is slow:
In SS: go to Server Settings → Advanced → Performance and set «Artwork Resampling» to «Resize Artwork».

Is that really it :-/

I've seen the setting, but had presumed that was set the same in 7.3.x where I didn't have the issue.

I thought my DS109+ would be do it with ease. Took a couple of hours ...

Will try the other setting.

McPhisto
2009-11-03, 15:01
Hi gurus
On my DS207+, I tried to uninstall the old SSODS (Release 3.0beta10), but don't get rid of the default page ip:9099
Tried installation anyway..
During installation, # 8, I get no errors just ok's, but when I finally enter:
"ip_address_of_machine_ssods_is_installed_on:9099" I get the old SSODS install page. And that page just gives me an error (like it probably should).
Tried reboots with no effect.
Can anyone guide me to how proceed? I'm on thin ice here ,not familiar with this OS...
Best regards
ivar

McPhisto
2009-11-09, 15:29
Hi
I've been fooling around and tried several thing, and it looks like I found the solution for my problem.
uninstall of SSODS did not work. The installation page for old SSODS 3.0 beta10 still active
Tried /volume1/SSODS/share/ssods/ssods-ts uninstall but it failed.
Tried /volume1/SSODS/share/ssods/updater-uninst and that removed the old ssods totally.
Ran /opt/ssods4/etc/init.d/rc.ssods and this fired up the new SSODS4 installer.

r.vdberg
2009-11-11, 07:40
Hello Flipflip,

Synology 207+
In SSODS 4 when I upload Squeezeboxserver 7.4.1, i can't install it, there's no list to install. Is there a work around? Can I untar it in Telnet?

Thanks,
Remko

r.vdberg
2009-11-11, 07:53
Hello Flipflip,

I'having trouble installing squeezeboxserver 7.4.1 after uploading in SSODS4.0. I can't see the uploaded file, so I can't install. Is there a workaround. Can I untar with telnet?

Remko

flipflip
2009-11-11, 08:02
I'having trouble installing squeezeboxserver 7.4.1 after uploading in SSODS4.0. I can't see the uploaded file, so I can't install. Is there a workaround. Can I untar with telnet?

Yes, the upload in SSODS 4.0 is broken (for .tar.gz files). You can upgrade to 4.1 where the upload works or, easier, untar the tar ball in /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer (you'll need to strip one directory element from the tar file, so that you'll have /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/slimserver.pl). You can also convert the squeezeboxserver.tar.gz to .tar.bz2, for which I think the upload will work in ssods 4.0).

flip

mcc28x
2009-11-13, 10:06
Hi,

on the qnap do I do this:

1. Stop Squeezecenter using SSOTS
2. Uninstall Squeezecenter using SSOTS
3. Disable SSOTS using QPKG
4. Remove SSOTS using QPKG
5. Install ssods-4.0-7.4.0-armel.tar.gz using QPKG
6. Start SSOTS 4
7. Use SSOTS to install squeezeboxserver-7.4.1.tqz
8. Start Squeezecenter using SSOTS

I'm not sure how and when to install the patch ssods-4.1-7.4.0-update-armel.tar.gz

I have copied squeezecenter 7.4 to public directory on the qnap do I need to do this with SSODS files too?

Thanks for the help, just don't want to make a mess....

regards

Mark

JG Naum
2009-11-13, 10:50
Hi,

on the qnap do I do this:

5. Install ssods-4.0-7.4.0-armel.tar.gz using QPKG

6. Start SSOTS 4
7. Use SSOTS to install squeezeboxserver-7.4.1.tqz
8. Start Squeezecenter using SSOTS

I'm not sure how and when to install the patch ssods-4.1-7.4.0-update-armel.tar.gz

I have copied squeezecenter 7.4 to public directory on the qnap do I need to do this with SSODS files too?
Mark
*Don t forget to backup your files
*You may also update the firmware of your nas
*Did you get the SSOTS file from Qnap (QPKG) :
http://ftp.qnap.com/QPKG/ARM/SSOTS_4.1-7.4.0_arm.zip
? You may let the SSOTS file on your computer but you have to unzip it before you start the install ... QPKG will upload it as soon as you give the right path.
With that SSOTS version, the 7.4.1 version is OK.

mcc28x
2009-11-13, 11:22
*Don t forget to backup your files
*You may also update the firmware of your nas
*Did you get the SSOTS file from Qnap (QPKG) :
http://ftp.qnap.com/QPKG/ARM/SSOTS_4.1-7.4.0_arm.zip
? You may let the SSOTS file on your computer but you have to unzip it before you start the install ... QPKG will upload it as soon as you give the right path.
With that SSOTS version, the 7.4.1 version is OK.

Okay so step 1 could be to update the firmware to 3.1.0 Build0708 and step 5 should be replaced with the QNAP version of the update SSOTS_4.1-7.4.0_arm.zip?

thanks

JG Naum
2009-11-13, 12:15
Okay so step 1 could be to update the firmware to 3.1.0 Build0708 and step 5 should be replaced with the QNAP version of the update SSOTS_4.1-7.4.0_arm.zip?

thanks
You re welcome... The firmware step is optional. Put it on 4th position . But you understood well for point 5 ;)
(it took me 20 minutes last week for all your point on a qnap 209 II)

QDon
2009-11-13, 12:56
Yes, the upload in SSODS 4.0 is broken (for .tar.gz files). You can upgrade to 4.1 where the upload works or, easier, untar the tar ball in /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer (you'll need to strip one directory element from the tar file, so that you'll have /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/slimserver.pl). You can also convert the squeezeboxserver.tar.gz to .tar.bz2, for which I think the upload will work in ssods 4.0).

flip
It doesn't work in 4.1 either on QNAP.

mcc28x
2009-11-14, 08:30
Just wanted to say thanks and the following instructions worked for me on QNAP109 II

5. Update QNAP firmware to 3.1.0 Build0708 - restart
6. Install QNAP version of the update SSOTS_4.1-7.4.0_arm.zip using QPKG
7. Start SSOTS 4
8. Use SSOTS to install squeezeboxserver-7.4.1.tqz
9. Start Squeezecenter using SSOTS
10. Connect to Squeezecenter, configure rescan music library.

r.vdberg
2009-11-15, 04:54

flip

Hello Flip,

I updated to 7.4.1 and with the correct name .tar.gz the upload was visible. And it's working now, thanks,
Remko

slimhase
2009-11-16, 14:16
Hi FlipFlipBender;
I also want to say thanks for all the great work you are doing - and all that for free in your spare time!!
With the latest hassle and delays of SS 7.4 from Synology, I am asking myself, if I should go back to SS via SSODS.
My Question: When I would use SSODS and the std. SS 7.4.1 package:
Does that combo include the LAME package? I am asking, since I often would need it (I still own an old SLIMP3, which needs MP3 translation by the server) and since the Synology package does not include it....
And if so: Would it make my DS207+ very sluggish due to the extra CPU load?

Thanks in advance and keep up the great work!!

Heiner

Big AAC
2009-11-16, 16:21
Hi,

can i just confirm which version of SSOTS i should be using for my QNAP 209II

is it - http://ftp.qnap.com/QPKG/ARM/SSOTS_4.1-7.4.0_arm.zip ?

does anyone have a link to the QNAP firmware update? Will this format the hard drive in the QNAP?

thanks

QDon
2009-11-16, 19:18
You should download SSOTS via QPKG and install it.

boye
2009-11-17, 03:33
Despite Flipflip's much appreciated efforts, I ran in to the very same issues as others have mentioned, that the music only appears in "Music folder" and not in "Artists", "Albums" and so on.

So when Synology released their SbS 7.4.1 package I decided to go with that. This actually solves the issue.

Now I want to uninstall SSODS 4 but it seems there is no simple way like the former version's uninstall.pat file.

Installing SSODS 4 was actually too advanced for me and I only succeeded in doing so by following a step-by-step guide in a danish forum post. Maybe I can just leave it there, but I fear that any software might use valuable ressources of my DS207+

slimhase
2009-11-18, 08:56
Hi FlipFlipBender;
I also want to say thanks for all the great work you are doing - and all that for free in your spare time!!
With the latest hassle and delays of SS 7.4 from Synology, I am asking myself, if I should go back to SS via SSODS.
My Question: When I would use SSODS and the std. SS 7.4.1 package:
Does that combo include the LAME package? I am asking, since I often would need it (I still own an old SLIMP3, which needs MP3 translation by the server) and since the Synology package does not include it....
And if so: Would it make my DS207+ very sluggish due to the extra CPU load?

Thanks in advance and keep up the great work!!

Heiner
Ok, I am back w/ SSODS. And it has Lame incuded, great! But: My dear old SLIMP3 gives no sound when playing FLACs!
FlipFlip: I am sure, this is a topic, which might have already been discussed somewhere... (No sound when playing FLACs via Lame transcoding) But I don't find it.
Pls help me and direct me to the right point! Or just explain how this can be fixed.
Thanks again! Heiner

flipflip
2009-11-18, 09:12
No sound when playing FLACs via Lame transcoding

Check "file types" in server settings if flac->mp3 is enabled and how.
(Could you use flac->wav? Can the slimp3 play this?)

If this looks okay, enable debugging (don't ask me which one.. something with "transcoding") in server settings somwhere. Then check the log file to see which command is executed to transcode. Then try this command on the command line. Something like this probably:

/opt/ssods4/bin/flac /path/to/some.flac | /opt/ssods4/bin/lame - > some.mp3

This should create a test.mp3, which you can try playing.

flip

patatorz
2009-11-22, 03:47
Hello, I just upgraded my Synology DS508 to the latest firmware (ie 0959) and I'm not able to access anymore to SSODS4. It seems that the server did not started.

Did somebody have the same issue ?

Best regards

luny
2009-11-23, 13:32
yes, I had the same issue.

need to repeat the following step from SSODS installation:

$ ln -s /volume1/SSODS4 /opt/ssods4

I assume that with the next reboot, SSODS will start automatically again.

patatorz
2009-11-23, 21:26
Yes you are right. it works now.

BR

flipflip
2009-12-05, 09:07
Hello

I just uploaded SSODS/SSOTS 4.2.

Note that you *must* remove 4.0/4.1 before installing! See the updated installation instructions on my web page.

I've successfully installed and used the 7.5-embedded branch which uses SQLite instead of MySQL and which also includes improvments for faster artwork scanning. It's running waaaaaaay faster than anything I've seen before. Note, however, that this is still in development. So you probably don't want to use this on a productive system (use 7.4.1).

Happy hacking!

flip

Roomraider
2009-12-05, 09:59
Hello

I just uploaded SSODS/SSOTS 4.2.

Note that you *must* remove 4.0/4.1 before installing! See the updated installation instructions on my web page.

I've successfully installed and used the 7.5-embedded branch which uses SQLite instead of MySQL and which also includes improvments for faster artwork scanning. It's running waaaaaaay faster than anything I've seen before. Note, however, that this is still in development. So you probably don't want to use this on a productive system (use 7.4.1).

Happy hacking!

flip
flip, you are the "shizzle" my "nizzle" fo "rizzle"

HarryPotter
2009-12-05, 10:02
Hi flipflip

Thanks for this update.

I stopped squeezeboxserver and deinstalled it, then I removed folder volume1/ssods4 and followed your installation guide step by step.

Opening http://ds408:9099 gives me a green page with this output:

Index of /
mode links bytes last-changed name

Seems that I missed something

flipflip
2009-12-05, 10:03
You probably didn't stop the thttpd server before removing the old stuff.
Kill the process and "rc.ssods start" again. Or reboot.

HarryPotter
2009-12-05, 10:24
Perfect! Needed a reboot and it is working now.

Thanks a lot.

HarryPotter
2009-12-05, 17:33
Unfortunately I get a scan error:

Durchsuchen der Musiksammlung unerwartet abgebrochen (Durchsuche Musik-Verzeichnis)

The server log says:

0416: Error: Unable to read 4096 bytes from file.

The scan log has no error messages.
Last entry there:

0380: [09-12-05 23:49:28.2292] Slim::Utils::Scanner::scanDirectory (333) Scanning: /volume1/music/WESTERNHAGEN/BEST OF/09 FREIHEIT.mp3

Tried twice and exactly same result.

patatorz
2009-12-06, 03:48
Hello,

I installed SSDOS 4.2 on my Synology DS508. it works fine after a reboot.
I also installed SC7.5 Night Build without any problem.

During scan, I had an issue : scanning stopped on the same file (a flac file).

I don't know if it is linled to SC7.5. I'm going to try 7.4 this afternoon and let you know.

BR

Brendianer
2009-12-06, 04:27
Hi
I just startet to install SSODS.
I remove everything and rebooted my Synology.
Trying to install according the installation procedure I get the following error:
SynServer1> dir
drwxrwxrwx 15 root root 4096 Dec 6 12:21 .
drwxr-xr-x 21 root root 1024 Dec 6 12:12 ..
drwxr-xr-x 5 admin root 4096 Jul 17 22:32 @database
-rw------- 1 root root 7933952 Jul 10 2007 @dms.core.1185
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 4096 May 10 2009 @download
-rw------- 1 root root 319488 Mar 7 2008 @gawk.core
-rw------- 1 root root 1601536 Jul 10 2007 @home.cgi.core
drwxrwxrwx 2 root root 4096 May 25 2008 @spool
-rw------- 1 root root 10539008 Jul 17 23:26 @synoindexd.core
drwxrwxrwx 3 root root 4096 Dec 6 12:12 @tmp
-rw------- 1 root root 6144 Dec 6 12:12 aquota.group
-rw------- 1 root root 7168 Dec 6 12:12 aquota.user
drwxrwxrwx 3 root root 4096 Nov 7 10:17 download
drwxrwxrwx 2 root root 4096 Nov 6 07:08 ftp
drwx------ 2 root root 16384 Mar 15 2004 lost+found
drwxrwxrwx 463 root root 24576 Nov 23 21:06 music
drwxr-xr-x 4 root root 4096 Nov 28 11:00 photo
drwxrwxrwx 12 root root 4096 Dec 5 08:44 public
drwxrwxrwx 2 root root 4096 Mar 5 2008 tmp
drwxrwxrwx 3 root root 4096 Nov 7 16:37 video
drwxrwxrwx 3 root root 4096 Nov 28 09:15 web
SynServer1> mkdir /volume1/SSODS4
SynServer1> mkdir -p /opt
SynServer1> ln -s /volume1/SSODS4 /opt/ssods4
ln: /opt/ssods4: No such file or directory
SynServer1>

"mkdir -p /opt" is not making the directory...

Any idea what I am doing wrong?

patatorz
2009-12-06, 05:37
Are you logged as "root" ?

BR

Brendianer
2009-12-06, 05:45
Yes!
It is really strange. Before SqueezeCenter worked perfect.
Is there any sense that I have an opt directory here:

SynServer1> dir
drwxr-xr-x 21 root root 1024 Dec 6 13:15 .
drwxr-xr-x 21 root root 1024 Dec 6 13:15 ..
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 3 Mar 15 2004 .mkcert.serial
-rw------- 1 root root 1024 Mar 15 2004 .rnd
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 1024 Sep 10 23:29 bin
drwxr-xr-x 3 root root 10240 Sep 10 23:26 dev
drwxr-xr-x 10 root root 3072 Dec 6 13:31 etc
drwxr-xr-x 10 root root 1024 Dec 6 13:12 etc.defaults
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 1024 Sep 4 00:53 initrd
drwxr-xr-x 14 root root 9216 Sep 10 23:30 lib
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 11 Sep 10 23:25 linuxrc -> bin/busybox
drwx------ 2 root root 1024 Sep 4 00:40 lost+found
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 1024 Sep 4 00:39 mnt
drwxrwxrwx 0 root root 0 Dec 6 13:14 opt
dr-xr-xr-x 86 root root 0 Jan 1 1970 proc
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 1024 Dec 6 13:20 root
drwxr-xr-x 2 root root 1024 Sep 10 23:25 sbin
drwxr-xr-x 10 root root 0 Dec 6 13:12 sys
drwxrwxrwt 4 root root 760 Dec 6 13:43 tmp
drwxr-xr-x 7 root root 1024 Sep 10 23:24 usr
drwxr-xr-x 11 root root 1024 Dec 6 13:12 var
drwxr-xr-x 11 root root 1024 Sep 10 23:26 var.defaults
drwxrwxrwx 15 root root 4096 Dec 6 13:21 volume1
drwxr-xr-x 4 root root 4096 Sep 13 2008 volumeUSB1

This one I can not delete.
rm: unable to remove `opt': Device or resource busy

??

patatorz
2009-12-06, 07:21
Unfortunately I get a scan error:

Durchsuchen der Musiksammlung unerwartet abgebrochen (Durchsuche Musik-Verzeichnis)

The server log says:

0416: Error: Unable to read 4096 bytes from file.

The scan log has no error messages.
Last entry there:

Tried twice and exactly same result.

Hello I confirm that I'm not able to perform a full scan. It starts and stopped after few thousand files. I ran tust with SC7.4.1 and 7.5 Beta.

The Scanner log says

/volume1/music/lossless/a_vos_risques_&_perils/--- VĂƒÂ©rifiĂƒÂ©s ---/Etienne Daho/Etienne Daho - L'invitation (2007)/Etienne Daho - L'invitation - 08 - Un Merveilleux ©t©.mp3

The server log says :

0458: Error: Unable to read 4096 bytes from file.
0457: APE: [Tag larger than maximum possible size] /volume1/music/mp3/Les Wampas/Never trust a guy who after having been a punk is now playing electro[EAC Q8] ripp punksnotdead/12 - Les Apprentis Charcutiers.Mpc
0456: Not a valid FLAC file: /volume1/music/lossless/a_vos_risques_&_perils/--- Vérifiés ---/2008.03.26 The Wombats - Belgique,Bruxelles Le Botanique L'Orangerie/12. My First Wedding.flac
0455: APE: [Tag larger than maximum possible size] /volume1/music/mp3/Les Wampas/Never trust a guy who after having been a punk is now playing electro[EAC Q8] ripp punksnotdead/11 - Giscard Complice.Mpc
0454: Error: Unable to read 4096 bytes from file.

1/ It never stops on the same files.
2/ I changed local set from FT/UFT8 to Fr/Iso : same issue.

Thanks for your help.

Brendianer
2009-12-06, 07:27
In the meantime I installed the latest firmware on my Synology which seems to have corrected the error with /opt.

I could then successfully install SSODS4.

Starting it gives the following error:
SynServer1> LC_ALL= /opt/ssods4/etc/init.d/rc.ssods start
Illegal instruction (core dumped)
SynServer1>

??

flipflip
2009-12-06, 07:27
> Is there any sense that I have an opt directory here:

Why not? The /opt directory probably already exists (the -p in mkdir should catch that because it only creates the directory if it doesn't exist already).

> This one I can not delete.
> rm: unable to remove `opt': Device or resource busy

"rm" is for files. You need to use "rmdir" for directories. But don't, because you already have the /opt directory.

Probably the "ln -s" fails because there's already a /opt/ssods4 link in place.

What does "ls -l /opt" say? If there's already a link to /volume1/SSODS4 you're fine. If it points somewhere else, remove it: "rm /opt/ssods4" ("rm" and not "rmdir" because the link is a file.

I'll update the installation instructions accordingly.

flip

flipflip
2009-12-06, 07:36
In the meantime I installed the latest firmware on my Synology which seems to have corrected the error with /opt.

I could then successfully install SSODS4.

Starting it gives the following error:
SynServer1> LC_ALL= /opt/ssods4/etc/init.d/rc.ssods start
Illegal instruction (core dumped)
SynServer1>

??

What does "uname -a" say? And which SSODS tar ball did you install? If it says something with "ppc GNU/Linux" you'll need ssods-4.2-ppc.tar.gz, if it says something with "arm..." you'll need the ssods-4.2-arm.tar.gz file.

Brendianer
2009-12-06, 07:40
What does "uname -a" say? And which SSODS tar ball did you install? If it says something with "ppc GNU/Linux" you'll need ssods-4.2-ppc.tar.gz, if it says something with "arm..." you'll need the ssods-4.2-arm.tar.gz file.

Linux SynServer1 2.6.15 #959 Fri Nov 13 02:49:27 CST 2009 armv5tejl unknown

and I installed ssods-4.2-arm.tar

flipflip
2009-12-06, 07:44
Linux SynServer1 2.6.15 #959 Fri Nov 13 02:49:27 CST 2009 armv5tejl unknown

and I installed ssods-4.2-arm.tar

That should work.

Try this:

/opt/ssods4/bin/bash --version

Does this fail?

Brendianer
2009-12-06, 07:46
That should work.

Try this:

/opt/ssods4/bin/bash --version

Does this fail?

Same error message...

flipflip
2009-12-06, 07:49
Same error message...

Then there's something wrong with my binaries. I need to investigate this.
I don't have an arm Diskstation anymore. The packages were built on a Turbostation.

There's not much I can do right now.

Brendianer
2009-12-06, 07:51
Then there's something wrong with my binaries. I need to investigate this.
I don't have an arm Diskstation anymore. The packages were built on a Turbostation.

There's not much I can do right now.

:-(

Is there the previous version anywhere? So I can install the old one again?

flipflip
2009-12-06, 07:53
Yes:
http://oinkzwurgl.org/?action=browse;id=ssods_downloads;revision=81

I'll build a version for the synology boxes. But that'll take some time (couple of hours or so).

Brendianer
2009-12-06, 08:00
Yes:
http://oinkzwurgl.org/?action=browse;id=ssods_downloads;revision=81

I'll build a version for the synology boxes. But that'll take some time (couple of hours or so).

No problem any many thanks flip!
I am at your disposal to check it whenever you are ready.

flipflip
2009-12-06, 08:02
@everybody who has the arm version of SSODS 4.2 installed: on which DS/TS models does it work and on which doesn't it work?

Brendianer
2009-12-06, 08:47
@everybody who has the arm version of SSODS 4.2 installed: on which DS/TS models does it work and on which doesn't it work?

I have a Synology DS 107+.128:

Servername SynServer1
Seriennummer 74DDN00464
Modellname DS107+
Arbeitsspeicher insgesamt 128 MB
Firmware-Version DSM 2.2-0959

on which it does not work.

flipflip
2009-12-07, 13:43
I built an SSODS-4.2-oldarm version with an old compiler that seems to work on the DS-107+. I'm not sure what the problem is but it might have something to do with missing EABI support on the DS-107+. Not sure which other devices may be affected. If you get "illegal instruction"-errors try the "oldarm" version.

flipflip
2009-12-07, 13:51
Works fine here. Brendianer, any success?

HarryPotter
2009-12-07, 15:09
fliflip, do you have an idea or a hint about the scan problem patatorz and me have?

flipflip
2009-12-07, 15:12
No. I haven't had any problems. But I only have .mp3 files. That was something with APE tags and/or strange audio files, wasn't it?
What if you remove the files that make problems (just to test)?

flipflip
2009-12-07, 15:22
You can try using the Audio::Scan that comes with SBS. See the FAQ: http://oinkzwurgl.org/ssods_faq

Hopscotch
2009-12-07, 17:02

Works fine on my TS109Pro using the QNAP QPKG. Thanks

Brendianer
2009-12-08, 00:36
Works fine here. Brendianer, any success?

Morning flip
I installed it last evening. Without problems. Scan ran over night. It seems that all albums are in the database. And it is really much faster than ever.
When I used this command
ln -s /opt/ssods4/etc/init.d/rc.ssods /usr/local/etc/rc.d/ssods.sh
I had a message like "File already exists".
Actually I did not check whether autostart works or not.

Das habe ich längst gemacht.
Habe noch folgendes festgestellt:
Squeezebox gibt für DRS3 die folgende URL wieder
http://opml.radiotime.com/Tune.ashx?id=s24862&formats=aac,mp3,wma,wmpro,wmvoice,wmvideo,ogg&partnerId=16
Diese unterbricht immer wieder.
Wenn ich die URL ab der Website kopiere
http://stream.srg-ssr.ch/drs3/mp3_128.m3u
funktioniert es ohne weiteres.
Strange!
http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=72234&highlight=DRS3
This problem seems to be solved. This morning it played this stations correctly:

HarryPotter
2009-12-08, 03:27
OK, seems to work now for me. There was a mp3 file with 0 KB in the crashing folder.

hjornholm
2009-12-08, 13:00
Problems:
1: When I try to connect to mysqueezebox.com, SS crashes and I have to restart the process via SSOTS.
2: When SS is running, my Boom and my SB3 are working perfectly, but my Duet will not connect to the server running SS.

I did not delete the SSOTS 3.x before installing ver. 4.2 (installation guide said stopping and disabling was enough) - is that the problem ?
I see lots of "Couldn't resolve IP address for: www.mysqueezebox.com" in the log file.

If no better suggestions turn up, I am tempted to delete both versions of SSOTS and SS from the QNAP and start from scratch - but how do I do that (I am not a Linux expert, so please be gentle ;-)) ?

Any help appreciated !
BR, hjornholm.

Versions, HW etc:

SqueezeServer Version: 7.4.1-28947
SSOTS ver. 4.2 (ssods-4.2-arm.tar.gz)
Linux QNAP 2.6.12.6-arm1 #5 Wed Jul 8 14:58:45 CST 2009 armv5tejl GNU/Linux
Hard-/Firmware : QNAP TurboStation TS-109 / 3.1.0 build 0708T

Brendianer
2009-12-08, 15:09
When I used this command
I had a message like "File already exists".
Actually I did not check whether autostart works or not.

I checked it. Everything works well. No clue about what this message says...

But I am still missing the possibility to import cover art into self selected Internet radiostations

:-(

sharagath
2009-12-09, 14:27
nice package build.

i have question.

i had version 4.0 installed, some problems with plug-in install restart.
thought why not try 4.2 and SB 7.41
here began the problems, could not delete it completely, had to do some by hand.
finally cleaned it up and installed the new version until i got to the point
5. Start SSODS/SSOTS
$ LC_ALL= /opt/ssods4/etc/init.d/rc.ssods start
results in; Illegal instruction (core dumped)
and @ point 6
results in; ln: /usr/local/etc/rc.d/ssods.sh: File exists

i have tried some linux xommands but not all are suported
tried the rm command but than i get permittion denied.

who could give me some advise?

flipflip
2009-12-09, 14:48
who could give me some advise?

Probably useing ssods-4.2-oldarm.tar.gz instead of ssods-4.2-arm.tar.gz will help.

Btw, letting us know what hardware (DS/TS model, CPU type) you have would help.

flipflip
2009-12-09, 14:49
But I am still missing the possibility to import cover art into self selected Internet radiostations

Is this an SSODS issue or is this a generally missing feature?

Brendianer
2009-12-09, 15:56
Is this an SSODS issue or is this a generally missing feature?

No sorry Flip.

This is a general issue.

sharagath
2009-12-10, 00:46
Probably useing ssods-4.2-oldarm.tar.gz instead of ssods-4.2-arm.tar.gz will help.

Btw, letting us know what hardware (DS/TS model, CPU type) you have would help.

i have used ssods-4.2-arm.tar.gz indeed, i will try ssods-4.2-oldarm.tar.gz.
strange i have not changed hardware(DS207+)

flipflip
2009-12-10, 05:14
i have used ssods-4.2-arm.tar.gz indeed, i will try ssods-4.2-oldarm.tar.gz.
strange i have not changed hardware(DS207+)

Yeah. But I changed the compilers for SSODS 4.2. And (I think) Synology is still using old compilers and therefore the Synology DS are no longer compatible with the SSODS-arm package. That's why I built an "oldarm" package using the old compiler.

sharagath
2009-12-10, 06:21
Yeah. But I changed the compilers for SSODS 4.2. And (I think) Synology is still using old compilers and therefore the Synology DS are no longer compatible with the SSODS-arm package. That's why I built an "oldarm" package using the old compiler.

oke in understand, the DS207+ is a relative old system.
i will give it a go.

what is the procedure on installing SB plugin?
-let SB restart it self(what it can't)
-trough stop/start by SSODS
-restart my DS?

megabyte0469
2009-12-10, 12:54
Hallo,

the SSODS 4.2 package works fine on my DS409+.

No Problem here.

Great!!! Thank you fliflip

Pokersut
2009-12-10, 13:04
Hallo,

the SSODS 4.2 package works fine on my DS409+.

No Problem here.

Great!!! Thank you fliflip

And ssods-4.2-oldarm.tar.gz works like a charm on my DS-107+. I'm running Squeezebox Server 7.5.0-29554 - flipflip, you've done it again :-D

wowo
2009-12-11, 02:57
I would try it but I see only squeezeboxserver-7.5.0-29581-arm-linux.tgz as nightly download. Has anyone tried this on a Synology DS107+ ?

wowo
2009-12-11, 13:52
I would try it but I see only squeezeboxserver-7.5.0-29581-arm-linux.tgz as nightly download. Has anyone tried this on a Synology DS107+ ?
I have tried it and till now everything is working.:) but I have not installed all my plugins.
I like the view-function of the tags!
I did not discover a faster scan (maybe because the pcu is not so big) but that does not matter to me.

PetervanHanergem
2009-12-11, 14:08
Flipflip,

I wanna try this: http://acc.vanholt.nl/

Before using i have to do this:

Manual Pre-Requirement !!Default the MySQL DB installed with SqueezeCenter is configured not to allow remote connections. You have to manually enable remote connections by opening the my.tt file and disabling the 'bind-address = [% bindAddress %]' by entering a '#' sign in front of it. Save it and restart SqueezeCenter before using ACC with the remote server option.
Default locations for the my.tt file:
Linux: /usr/share/squeezecenter/MySQL

can you help my where to find it on my Qnap 109 ??

grt

bleeder
2009-12-11, 14:31
ssods-4.2-arm.tar.gz doesnt work with my TS-109,but the oldarm version of the latest SSODS (ssods-4.2-oldarm.tar.gz) works just fine.

wowo
2009-12-15, 11:40
I use some realy fine plugins in Squeezebox Server called: Album Review and Biography.
These plugins always worked fine but since I am on squeezeboxserver-7.5.0-29581 (SSODS4.2), they do not work anymore.
One of the problems is a missing Perlmodule called "HTML::FormatText"
http://www.herger.net/slim-plugins/detail.php?nr=673&kategorie=slim-plugins
and
http://search.cpan.org/~sburke/HTML-.../FormatText.pm

Flipflip could you include this module in a newer SSODS version?
Or maybe you can give me some advice about installing this module by myself?
(I have a Synology DS 107+)

mherger
2009-12-15, 22:30
> These plugins always worked fine but since I am on
> squeezeboxserver-7.5.0-29581 (SSODS4.2), they do not work anymore.

Did they run fine on SSODS before?

--

Michael

wowo
2009-12-16, 02:29
> These plugins always worked fine but since I am on
> squeezeboxserver-7.5.0-29581 (SSODS4.2), they do not work anymore.

Did they run fine on SSODS before?

--

Michael

Yes (on the Web-interface and on the Squeezebox Classic 3).

I do not remember if it worked on SBS 7.4.1, on earlier versions it worked fine.

Longshanks
2009-12-16, 08:39
Hjornholm,
I too experienced your problem (Duet didn't work) on a QNAP TS 109 Model II and tried nearly every combination of SS and SSOTS versions without success until I tried the following (thanks MCC28X)

mcc28x
Junior Member Join Date: Aug 2009

Upgrade done!

7. Start SSOTS 4

hjornholm
2009-12-17, 06:28
Hjornholm,
I too experienced your problem (Duet didn't work) on a QNAP TS 109 Model II and tried nearly every combination of SS and SSOTS versions without success until I tried the following (thanks MCC28X)

mcc28x
Junior Member Join Date: Aug 2009

Upgrade done!

7. Start SSOTS 4

Hi Longshanks,

I removed my installation of SC and SS (had both !) the hard way (PUTTY access to the server, rmdir - with great caution !).
Downloaded the QPKG etc. according to recipe above - and now everything works !
INCLUDING AlbumReview and Biography plugins - please note they are now accessed via the + button on your Controller !

Actually, I had the problem solved before reading your post, but thanx anyway !
Hjornholm.

Pokersut
2009-12-20, 10:56
I use some realy fine plugins in Squeezebox Server called: Album Review and Biography.
These plugins always worked fine but since I am on squeezeboxserver-7.5.0-29581 (SSODS4.2), they do not work anymore.

I use them too, but I have no problem running them under 7.5:

Hardware: Synology DS107+
SSODS: 4.2 ("oldarm")
SS: 7.5.0-29554

wowo
2009-12-20, 14:27
I use them too, but I have no problem running them under 7.5:

Hardware: Synology DS107+
SSODS: 4.2 ("oldarm")
SS: 7.5.0-29554
Really?
I can use Biography and Album Review in the webinterface but not on the interface of my Squeezebox Classic 3.
Can you use them also on a Squeezebox Classic 3?

Pokersut
2009-12-21, 03:25
Really?
I can use Biography and Album Review in the webinterface but not on the interface of my Squeezebox Classic 3.
Can you use them also on a Squeezebox Classic 3?

Sorry - I thought you were talking about the Controller! I haven't got a Squeezebox.

chalkandtalk
2009-12-21, 08:43
I have a Buffalo linkstation live which now has freelink installed. I have successfully run an svn version of squeezecenter on the linkstation but I can't get squeezeboxserver to run at all. I have a Radio so need 7.4.

Will SSODS work for me?

Edit: Well SSODS seems to be installed fine. I downloaded sbs but there seems to be a problem with Mysql, as SBS keeps on crashing. Here is the server log:

[09-12-21 19:06:40.4854] Slim::Utils::MySQLHelper::createSystemTables (500) FATAL: Couldn't connect to database: [Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Cache/squeezebox-mysql.sock' (2)]
0011:
0010: 091221 19:06:07 [ERROR] Aborting
0009: Check that the above file is the right version for this program!

0010: 091221 18:03:05 [ERROR] Aborting
0009: Check that the above file is the right version for this program!
0008: but it should contain at least 475 error messages.
0007: 091221 18:03:05 [ERROR] Error message file '/mnt/disk1/SSODS4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/MySQL/errmsg.sys' had only 463 error messages,
0006: [09-12-21 18:03:01 ] ssctrl Setting nice level to +0
0005: [09-12-21 18:03:01 ] ssctrl SqueezeboxServer started.
0004: [09-12-21 18:02:59.8601] main::init (320) Starting Squeezebox Server (v7.4.1, r28947, Tue Oct 20 08:02:44 PDT 2009) perl 5.010000
0003: [09-12-21 18:02:59.8637] main::init (320) Starting Squeezebox Server (v7.4.1, r28947, Tue Oct 20 08:02:44 PDT 2009) perl 5.010000
0002: [09-12-21 18:02:36 ] ssctrl Command line = /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/slimserver.pl --daemon --pidfile /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Cache/squeezecenter.pid --cachedir /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Cache --logdir /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Logs --prefsdir /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Prefs --priority 0 --user ssods --group ssods
0001: [09-12-21 18:02:32 ] ssctrl Starting SqueezeboxServer 7.4.1-28947.

Can anyone please help?

cheers

chalkandtalk
2009-12-22, 09:56
I can now get SBS running and connect to it.

I can choose where my music folder is and when I click finish it crashes again. Here is some of the server log:

0084: frame 16: main::main (/opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/slimserver.pl line 1065)
0083: frame 15: main:idle (/opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/slimserver.pl line 574)
0082: frame 14: Slim:Networking::IO::Select::loop (/opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/slimserver.pl line 620)
0081: frame 13: (eval) (/mnt/disk1/SSODS4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Slim/Networking/IO/Select.pm line 183)
0080: frame 12: Slim:Networking::IO::Select::__ANON__ (/mnt/disk1/SSODS4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Slim/Networking/IO/Select.pm line 183)
0079: frame 11: (eval) (/mnt/disk1/SSODS4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Slim/Networking/IO/Select.pm line 123)
0078: frame 10: Slim:Web::HTTP::processHTTP (/mnt/disk1/SSODS4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Slim/Networking/IO/Select.pm line 139)
0077: frame 9: Slim:Web::HTTP::processURL (/mnt/disk1/SSODS4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Slim/Web/HTTP.pm line 724)
0076: frame 8: Slim:Web::HTTP::generateHTTPResponse (/mnt/disk1/SSODS4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Slim/Web/HTTP.pm line 913)
0075: frame 7: Slim::Web::Settings::Server::Wizard::handler (/mnt/disk1/SSODS4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Slim/Web/HTTP.pm line 1107)
0074: frame 6: Slim:Utils::Prefs::Base::set (/mnt/disk1/SSODS4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Slim/Web/Settings/Server/Wizard.pm line 106)
0073: frame 5: Slim:Utils::Prefs::__ANON__ (/mnt/disk1/SSODS4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Slim/Utils/Prefs/Base.pm line 307)
0072: frame 4: Slim:Music::MusicFolderScan::init (/mnt/disk1/SSODS4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Slim/Utils/Prefs.pm line 732)
0071: frame 3: Slim:Music::Import::useImporter (/mnt/disk1/SSODS4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Slim/Music/MusicFolderScan.pm line 48)
0070: frame 2: Slim:Music::Import::_checkLibraryStatus (/mnt/disk1/SSODS4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Slim/Music/Import.pm line 678)
0069: frame 1: Slim:Schema::init (/mnt/disk1/SSODS4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Slim/Music/Import.pm line 745)
0068: frame 0: Slim:Utils::Log::logBacktrace (/mnt/disk1/SSODS4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Slim/Schema.pm line 130)
0067:
0066: [09-12-22 16:39:14.3307] Slim::Schema::init (130) Backtrace:
0065: [09-12-22 16:39:14.3197] Slim::Schema::init (130) Error: Couldn't connect to database! Fatal error: [No such file or directory] Exiting!
0064:

0038: [09-12-22 16:39:14.2972] Slim::Schema::Storage::throw_exception (82) Backtrace:
0037: [09-12-22 16:39:14.2835] Slim::Schema::Storage::throw_exception (82) Error: DBI Connection failed: DBI connect('database=slimserver','slimserver',...) failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2) at /mnt/disk1/SSODS4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/CPAN/DBIx/Class/Storage/DBI.pm line 950
0036: [09-12-22 16:33:53.0422] Slim::Plugin::InternetRadio::Plugin::_gotRadioErro r (103) Unable to retrieve radio directory from SN: Couldn't resolve IP address for: www.mysqueezebox.com
0035: [09-12-22 16:33:48.0767] Slim::Plugin::RhapsodyDirect::Plugin::__ANON__ (134) Unable to resolve address for secure-direct.rhapsody.com
0034: [09-12-22 16:33:48.0506] Slim::Plugin::Sounds::Plugin::_gotSoundsError (83) Error: Unable to cache Sounds & Effects menu from SN: Couldn't resolve IP address for: www.mysqueezebox.com
0033: Couldn't resolve IP address for: www.mysqueezebox.com
0032: [09-12-22 16:33:48.0435] Slim::Formats::XML::gotErrorViaHTTP (322) Error: getting http://www.mysqueezebox.com/api/sounds/v1/opml
0031: [09-12-22 16:33:33.4181] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1165) Warning: [16:33:33.4127] Use of uninitialized value $args{"type"} in string eq at /mnt/disk1/SSODS4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Slim/Plugin/OPMLBased.pm line 98.
0030: [09-12-22 16:33:33.3919] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1165) Warning: [16:33:33.3865] Use of uninitialized value $args{"type"} in string eq at /mnt/disk1/SSODS4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Slim/Plugin/OPMLBased.pm line 98.
0010: [09-12-22 16:33:32.2341] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1165) Warning: [16:33:32.2289] Use of uninitialized value $args{"menu"} in hash element at /mnt/disk1/SSODS4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Slim/Plugin/OPMLBased.pm line 138.
0009: [09-12-22 16:33:32.2263] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1165) Warning: [16:33:32.2211] Use of uninitialized value $request in hash element at /mnt/disk1/SSODS4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Slim/Control/Request.pm line 762.
0008: [09-12-22 16:33:32.2186] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1165) Warning: [16:33:32.2133] Use of uninitialized value $entry in pattern match (m//) at /mnt/disk1/SSODS4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Slim/Control/Request.pm line 726.
0007: [09-12-22 16:33:32.1996] Slim::Utils::Misc::msg (1165) Warning: [16:33:32.1930] Use of uninitialized value $args{"type"} in string eq at /mnt/disk1/SSODS4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Slim/Plugin/OPMLBased.pm line 98.
0006: [09-12-22 16:33:20 ] ssctrl Setting nice level to +0
0005: [09-12-22 16:33:20 ] ssctrl SqueezeboxServer started.
0004: [09-12-22 16:33:17.3918] main::init (320) Starting Squeezebox Server (v7.4.2, r29665, Tue Dec 22 04:06:34 PST 2009) perl 5.010000
0003: [09-12-22 16:33:17.3955] main::init (320) Starting Squeezebox Server (v7.4.2, r29665, Tue Dec 22 04:06:34 PST 2009) perl 5.010000
0002: [09-12-22 16:32:50 ] ssctrl Command line = /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/slimserver.pl --daemon --pidfile /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Cache/squeezecenter.pid --cachedir /opt/ssods4/var/home/Squeeze

bernier
2009-12-26, 02:11
trying to install SSODS 4.3 on DS209, i met two problems :

during install of SSODS:

Nas_Quib_2> LC_ALL= /opt/ssods4/etc/init.d/rc.ssods start
/opt/ssods4/etc/ssods.conf: line 201: warning: setlocale: LC_ALL: cannot change locale (en_GB.UTF-8): No such file or directory
/opt/ssods4/bin/bash: warning: setlocale: LC_ALL: cannot change locale (en_GB.UTF-8)
/opt/ssods4/etc/ssods.conf: line 201: warning: setlocale: LC_ALL: cannot change locale (en_GB.UTF-8)
SSODS: checking system ..... OK.
Starting SqueezeboxServer .. skipping, auto start is disabled.
Updating /opt/ssods4/etc/sudoers .. OK.
Starting thttpd-ssods ...... OK.
Nas_Quib_2> ln -s /opt/ssods4/etc/init.d/rc.ssods /usr/local/etc/rc.d/ssods.sh
Nas_Quib_2> ln -s /opt/ssods4/etc/init.d/rc.ssods /etc/rc3.d/S99ssods
ln: /etc/rc3.d/S99ssods: No such file or directory
Nas_Quib_2> ln -s /opt/ssods4/etc/init.d/rc.ssods /etc/rc6.d/K11ssods
ln: /etc/rc6.d/K11ssods: No such file or directory
Nas_Quib_2> ln -s /opt/ssods4/etc/init.d/rc.ssods /etc/rc0.d/K11ssods
ln: /etc/rc0.d/K11ssods: No such file or directory
Nas_Quib_2>

Then i install Squeezebox Server but SS crashes when starting with this messages log :

0373: [09-12-26 09:41:20.9349] Slim::Utils::MySQLHelper::createSystemTables (500) FATAL: Couldn't connect to database: [Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Cache/squeezebox-mysql.sock' (2)]
0372: [09-12-26 09:40:46 ] ssctrl Setting nice level to +0
0371: [09-12-26 09:40:46 ] ssctrl SqueezeboxServer started.
0370: [09-12-26 09:40:46.2201] main::init (320) Starting Squeezebox Server (v7.4.1, r28947, Tue Oct 20 08:02:44 PDT 2009) perl 5.010000
0369: [09-12-26 09:40:46.2216] main::init (320) Starting Squeezebox Server (v7.4.1, r28947, Tue Oct 20 08:02:44 PDT 2009) perl 5.010000

What can i do to correct this ? (i am a newbie in Linux!!)

Thank you for helping me!

flipflip
2009-12-26, 05:35
Nas_Quib_2> ln -s /opt/ssods4/etc/init.d/rc.ssods /usr/local/etc/rc.d/ssods.sh

OK.

Nas_Quib_2> ln -s /opt/ssods4/etc/init.d/rc.ssods /etc/rc3.d/S99ssods
ln: /etc/rc3.d/S99ssods: No such file or directory
Nas_Quib_2> ln -s /opt/ssods4/etc/init.d/rc.ssods /etc/rc6.d/K11ssods
ln: /etc/rc6.d/K11ssods: No such file or directory
Nas_Quib_2> ln -s /opt/ssods4/etc/init.d/rc.ssods /etc/rc0.d/K11ssods
ln: /etc/rc0.d/K11ssods: No such file or directory
Nas_Quib_2>

Not OK. These commands are for an eTRAYz, not for a DiskStation. Wasn't that clear from reading the installation instructions?

Then i install Squeezebox Server but SS crashes when starting with this messages log :

0373: [09-12-26 09:41:20.9349] Slim::Utils::MySQLHelper::createSystemTables (500) FATAL: Couldn't connect to database: [Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Cache/squeezebox-mysql.sock' (2)]

Try rebooting the DS. There may be a hanging mysqld process. You could also try the "kill" button in SSODS/Status.

flip

bernier
2009-12-26, 06:55
OK.

Not OK. These commands are for an eTRAYz, not for a DiskStation. Wasn't that clear from reading the installation instructions?

Try rebooting the DS. There may be a hanging mysqld process. You could also try the "kill" button in SSODS/Status.

flip

No, the installation instructions are clear... I have to go back to school to learn reading!!!

no success with "kill" button... but success with reboot DS, thanks FlipFlip

When starting Squeeze center, i have this message : "Unknown HZ value! (88) Assume 100"

flipflip
2009-12-26, 06:58
When starting Squeeze center, i have this message : "Unknown HZ value! (88) Assume 100"

No idea. Ignore it. Unless there are problems playing music or so.

slimhase
2010-01-09, 06:25
FlipFlip & all.
I had SSODS4.1 and SS7.41 on a DS207+ running fine. I wanted to upgrade, so I went for SSODS4.2 (oldarm Version), which installed fine.
HOWEVER:

All versions of SS I tried to install fail to start.
I tried SS 7.5.0 29758 as well as SS 7.5.0 29755 (embedded) and also SS 7.42 29756.
They all won't start and give this output: (see below)
Only teh old SS 7.41 will start

Pls help!!
Thanks, Heiner

0351: [10-01-09 14:09:15 ] ssctrl failed to start SqueezeboxServer.
0350:
0349: 3. Run the .tar.gz version of Squeezebox Server which includes all required CPAN modules.
0348: 2. Update the module's package using apt-get, yum, etc.
0347: 1. Install the latest version of the module(s) using CPAN: sudo cpan Some::Module
0346: To fix this problem you have several options:
0345:
0344: Audio::Scan (loaded 0.55, need 0.56)
0343: The following CPAN modules were found but cannot work with Squeezebox Server:
0342: [10-01-09 14:09:03 ] ssctrl Command line = /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/slimserver.pl --daemon --pidfile /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Cache/squeezecenter.pid --cachedir /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Cache --logdir /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Logs --prefsdir /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Prefs --noupnp --priority 0 --user admin --group users
0341: [10-01-09 14:09:02 ] ssctrl Disabled /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/CPAN/arch/5.8/x86_64-linux-thread-multi/auto/Class/C3/XS/XS.so
0340: [10-01-09 14:09:02 ] .........

Louise Straus
2010-01-09, 06:32
Dear Flif Flip

can you please put the date of the newest version of SSODS on you download page, as you did in the old days.
IMHO this makes it much easier for non frequet viewer of yout homepage to folow the devlopmet

regards from Innerschweiz
L.

slimhase
2010-01-09, 06:47
After reading flipflips FAQ, I executed the 4 lines to use the other PERL modules for Audio.
That does not fix anything, but the error log is different:

Does this help to identify the issue?

Thanks again for helping!
Heiner

0369: [10-01-09 14:38:49 ] ssctrl failed to start SqueezeboxServer.
0368:
0367: 3. Run the .tar.gz version of Squeezebox Server which includes all required CPAN modules.
0366: 2. Update the module's package using apt-get, yum, etc.
0365: 1. Install the latest version of the module(s) using CPAN: sudo cpan Some::Module
0364: To fix this problem you have several options:
0363:
0362:
0361: BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at (eval 32) line 2.
0360: Compilation failed in require at (eval 32) line 2.
0359: at (eval 32) line 2
0358: Can't load '/volume1/SSODS4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/CPAN/arch/5.10/arm-linux-gnueabi-thread-multi/auto/Audio/Scan/Scan.so' for module Audio::Scan: /opt/ssods4/lib/libgcc_s.so.1: version `GCC_3.5' not found (required by /volume1/SSODS4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/CPAN/arch/5.10/arm-linux-gnueabi-thread-multi/auto/Audio/Scan/Scan.so) at /opt/ssods4/lib/perl5/5.10.0/armv5tejl-linux-thread-multi/DynaLoader.pm line 203.
0357: Audio::Scan:
0356: The following CPAN modules were found but cannot work with Squeezebox Server:
0355: [10-01-09 14:38:43 ] ssctrl Command line = /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/slimserver.pl --daemon --pidfile /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Cache/squeezecenter.pid --cachedir /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Cache --logdir /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Logs --prefsdir /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Prefs --noupnp --priority 0 --user admin --group users
0354: [10-01-09 14:38:41 ] ssctrl Patching /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Bin/arm-linux/sls
0353: [10-01-09 14:38:41 ] ssctrl Using system mysqld: /usr/syno/mysql/libexec/mysqld
0352: [10-01-09 14:38:40 ] ssctrl Starting SqueezeboxServer 7.5.0-29758.

Zucht
2010-01-09, 07:58
After reading flipflips FAQ, I executed the 4 lines to use the other PERL modules for Audio.
That does not fix anything, but the error log is different:

Does this help to identify the issue?

Thanks again for helping!
Heiner

0369: [10-01-09 14:38:49 ] ssctrl failed to start SqueezeboxServer.
0368:
0367: 3. Run the .tar.gz version of Squeezebox Server which includes all required CPAN modules.
0366: 2. Update the module's package using apt-get, yum, etc.
0365: 1. Install the latest version of the module(s) using CPAN: sudo cpan Some::Module
0364: To fix this problem you have several options:
0363:
0362:
0361: BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at (eval 32) line 2.
0360: Compilation failed in require at (eval 32) line 2.
0359: at (eval 32) line 2
0358: Can't load '/volume1/SSODS4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/CPAN/arch/5.10/arm-linux-gnueabi-thread-multi/auto/Audio/Scan/Scan.so' for module Audio::Scan: /opt/ssods4/lib/libgcc_s.so.1: version `GCC_3.5' not found (required by /volume1/SSODS4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/CPAN/arch/5.10/arm-linux-gnueabi-thread-multi/auto/Audio/Scan/Scan.so) at /opt/ssods4/lib/perl5/5.10.0/armv5tejl-linux-thread-multi/DynaLoader.pm line 203.
0357: Audio::Scan:
0356: The following CPAN modules were found but cannot work with Squeezebox Server:
0355: [10-01-09 14:38:43 ] ssctrl Command line = /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/slimserver.pl --daemon --pidfile /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Cache/squeezecenter.pid --cachedir /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Cache --logdir /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Logs --prefsdir /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Prefs --noupnp --priority 0 --user admin --group users
0354: [10-01-09 14:38:41 ] ssctrl Patching /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/Bin/arm-linux/sls
0353: [10-01-09 14:38:41 ] ssctrl Using system mysqld: /usr/syno/mysql/libexec/mysqld
0352: [10-01-09 14:38:40 ] ssctrl Starting SqueezeboxServer 7.5.0-29758.

The latest nightly requires a new version of Audio::Scan, EV, JSON::XS and DBD::SQLite
Try http://downloads.slimdevices.com/nightly/7.5-embedded/sc/29737/ instead.

slimhase
2010-01-09, 09:17
The latest nightly requires a new version of Audio::Scan, EV, JSON::XS and DBD::SQLite

That did the trick!!
Thanks so much, I would have not found this, esp since I didn't know were to find the old beta versions!

Cheers, Heiner

P.S: Does That mean another SSODS version is needed for the newer betas (and the final 7.5)?
If so: FlipFlip: Please don't drop the DS109/209 support (-old arm) otherwise I am screwed.
;-)

slimhase
2010-01-10, 05:47

Thanks, Zucht - that did the trick. I would have never found out myself, since I did not find the older s/w versions and also did not know about the changes.

Does that mean that for the next official version of SS7.4, we'll need a new version of SSODS? If so: Flip-Flip: Please don't forget about the owners of the 'old' DSx07+ Servers - pls keep the oldarm versions coming!

Thanks to all,
Heiner

flipflip
2010-01-10, 10:21
Only teh old SS 7.41 will start

7.4.1 is not old. As far as I know it is the current stable release.

I won't be able to update SSODS for nightly builds on a regular basis. I don't have time for that.

I'd use one of the supported platforms (win32, Linux x86, Macintosh) for testing on your PC/laptop.

flipflip
2010-01-13, 03:07
Does that mean that for the next official version of SS7.4, we'll need a new version of SSODS? If so: Flip-Flip: Please don't forget about the owners of the 'old' DSx07+ Servers - pls keep the oldarm versions coming!

Yes. "arm", "oldarm" and "i686" should be no problem. But the "ppc" release might be a problem because I think my ppc-Box died (at least it didn't come up last time I tried). :-/

Henk51
2010-01-14, 09:06
Should or could SSDOS4 run on a LG N2R1 NAS it based on a Marvell Kirkwood 88F6192 800 MHZ CPU, the system runs on (partwise?) Debian?

I'll would try it if it's *maybe possible*

flipflip
2010-01-14, 09:17
Just try it..
install (extract) the ssods..-arm.tar.gz t o /opt/ssods4 and try to run "/opt/ssods4/bin/bash --version".

Some of the scripts (ssctrl, ssods.conf) may need some adjustments.

flipflip
2010-01-14, 09:29
And to answer your question: it _should_ run.

Zucht
2010-01-14, 11:43
Yes. "arm", "oldarm" and "i686" should be no problem. But the "ppc" release might be a problem because I think my ppc-Box died (at least it didn't come up last time I tried). :-/
... And i just bought a DS-209+II

As far i know the DS-508 has 3 year warranty...

Henk51
2010-01-15, 05:48
Just try it..
install (extract) the ssods..-arm.tar.gz t o /opt/ssods4 and try to run "/opt/ssods4/bin/bash --version".

Some of the scripts (ssctrl, ssods.conf) may need some adjustments.

Well I did exactly what you ask, and I'm waiting for the next instruction(s).

Output:

LG-NAS:ssods4$ /opt/ssods4/bin/bash --version
GNU bash, version 4.0.0(1)-release (armv5tel-unknown-linux-gnueabi)
Copyright (C) 2009 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>

This is free software; you are free to change and redistribute it.
There is NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
LG-NAS:ssods4$

LG-NAS:/$ df -h /opt
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
rootfs 9.2G 570M 8.2G 7% /
LG-NAS:/$
LG-NAS:ssods4$ df -h /opt
Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on
rootfs 9.2G 641M 8.1G 8% /
LG-NAS:ssods4$

There is still space left at /opt for the rootfs.
SSDOS4 claims about 1% space.

Henk.

flipflip
2010-01-15, 08:30
Well I did exactly what you ask, and I'm waiting for the next instruction(s).

Start SSODS:

LC_ALL= /opt/ssods4/etc/init.d/rc.ssods start

(see also the installation instructions on my homepage)

There is still space left at /opt for the rootfs.
SSDOS4 claims about 1% space.

You may still want to move the ssods4 folder onto a bigger drive and link that to /opt/ssods4. The database and the various caches will require some space, too.

Henk51
2010-01-15, 09:27
Time to cellabrate.

I have finaly the SSODS4 home-page at 9099!
So far looks good, the Menu's at the top are working,
but there is always a but!

How do I start SSODS4 automatic because there isn't a -rc.d- start at location /usr/local/etc/rc.d/
there is only /usr/local/etc/ and nothing more, no rc.d!

Is there a workarround, to make it autostart?

EDIT:

There's only a /etc/init.d/ dir to start some "#!/bin/sh" scripts
like samba and others.

Henk.

Henk51
2010-01-15, 10:13
After starting (tryout) Squeezeboxserver 7.4.1 this message came from the server log:

0344: [10-01-15 18:03:06.5937] Log::Log4perl::Logger::and_die (868) Warning: FATAL: Couldn't find a executable for 'mysqld'! Exiting. at /opt/ssods4/var/home/SqueezeboxServer/lib/Log/Log4perl/Logger.pm line 900
0343: [10-01-15 18:03:06.5874] Slim::Utils::MySQLHelper::startServer (224) FATAL: Couldn't find a executable for 'mysqld'! Exiting.
0342: [10-01-15 18:02:59 ] ssctrl Setting nice level to +0
0341: [10-01-15 18:02:59 ] ssctrl SqueezeboxServer started.
0340: [10-01-15 18:02:58.7070] main::init (320) Starting Squeezebox Server (v7.4.1, r28947, Tue Oct 20 08:02:44 PDT 2009) perl 5.010000
0339: [10-01-15 18:02:58.7092] main::init (320) Starting Squeezebox Server (v7.4.1, r28947, Tue Oct 20 08:02:44 PDT 2009) perl 5.010000

I'm not sure but I'll think MySQL is missing.
But maybe must I try another SBS instead of the .tgz but maybe the all.deb or noCPAN.tgz ??

Henk.

slimhase
2010-01-16, 04:22

Hi FlipFlip,
I know you are a busy man (and I appreciate all your work your are doing here)....
Is there still a way that you could look into an SSODS update, which would run w/ the new music scan updates made from SS 7.4.2 on?

Right now, my system (DS207+ w/ SSODS 4.2 oldarm and SS 7.4.1) is useless, because it can not perform a straight library scan: 'Music scan terminated unexpectedly (Directory Scan)' - which seems a consistent issue on 7.4.1 (see other posts) and I have the feeling that they try to adress that in the newer versions?

Pretty please?

Hi Zucht - can you comment on this - you seem to be in the know wrt what changed between the SS versions wrt scanning etc.

Thanks again to all,
cheers, Heiner

Zucht
2010-01-16, 08:23

Hi Zucht - can you comment on this - you seem to be in the know wrt what changed between the SS versions wrt scanning etc.

As flipflip said before SSODS 4.2 is for SBS 7.4.1 (everything above 7.4.1 is not supported)

I don't "know" what is changed in the latest nightly build, i just "read" server.log

You can try to use embedded CPAN modules instead of the SSODS ones see http://oinkzwurgl.org/ssods_faq for the info.
(I have tried it with embedded build 7.5.0-29755. SBS web-page was working, only the scanner crashes continuously)

I have uploaded the latest nightly embedded build that works with SSODS 4.2 "out of the box" here (http://www.mediafire.com/?dfhjmmnwjae)