PDA

View Full Version : Maybe I'm Crazy...

mmca22gr
2009-10-16, 13:53
But I though that with the SBR I would be able to specifiy what the menu might be. I have gone to settings->Player, but do not have the option for Menus as I do for my Boom etc.

Is there a way to set the dim level?

On a side note, I would like to congratulate SB engineers, developers and testers for their hard work. You are almost there. I have all the versions from the SlimP3 through various versions of SB2 SB3, duet and Boom and with each time it slowly get mores Wife Appreciation Factor (WAF).

The slim was NEVER used. She could not get the concept of the heirarchical menu structure.
SB2 & SB3 were easier to read but still had the same "stupid" menu problem.
The Duet was almost a step backwards as it was so buggy.
The Boom was a revelation and she actually used it ("It looks like a radio, why does it not have FM?") It worked, especially when I could set favourites to each preset etc.
Then with the SB Radio you changed the whole preset/favourite thing!

EDIT: I should update my sig to 7.4.1 WHS, if that helps with answers to my original question.

With the new SB Radio I set #2 as BBC Radio2 and #4 as BBC Radio4 with some other sounds/stations on the other presets. Today I come home and #2 is 'Waves' and #4 is BBC Radio2 etc.
Lets say that she was not impressed!

WAF now down a notch or two, but at least we are generally winning her over. I'm still sure that her happiness factor would increase as I went from Squeezeboxen->DAB Radio->FM Tuner->AM Radio->Person standing in the room singing the song!

aubuti
2009-10-16, 14:02
But I though that with the SBR I would be able to specifiy what the menu might be. I have gone to settings->Player, but do not have the option for Menus as I do for my Boom etc.
At present the only menu customization for the SB Radio is specifying what options appear on the home menu. This is not set in the SBS web ui, but on the Radio itself via Settings > Home menu. This is exactly the same as the other SqueezeOS-based devices, the SB Controller and the forthcoming SB Touch. There is an enhancement request (https://bugs.slimdevices.com/show_bug.cgi?id=14004) to provide greater menu customization, and apparently it is being worked on.

aubuti
2009-10-16, 14:04
Sorry, I forgot your question about the dim level. On the SB Radio you can use Settings > Brightness to specify the brightness of the LCD.

toby10
2009-10-16, 14:06
Currently there is no Menu organization on your server for the Radio.
You can add/delete items from your Radio home menu on the Radio itself.
Radio > Settings > Home Menu

mmca22gr
2009-10-16, 14:10
Many thanks for the super fast response.
Glad to hear that I am not crazy! After trawling the for forum for 'Menus' I may have got my wires crossed.
I think it is a natual enhancement and look forward to it.

Anything on setting the dim level? wait for an update? Twice I have had the radio (with nothing playing) have a blank screen, meaning I have had to push the power button (which results in cold boot). I'm not sure why, but the radio is in my newborns bedroom, so it is quite often dark - maybe it was so dim I thought it was off?

EDIT: cross posts! - thanks for the answers to the dim level question!