PDA

View Full Version : WiFi and Ethernet, Switching Seamless?

Dymalos
2009-10-15, 20:14
I only just got my radio today, but I'm definitely planning on purchasing the battery pack when it's available. My question is whether it's possible to program both ethernet and wireless connections? I'd like to have it prioritize ethernet when the cat5 is plugged in and switch to wireless when I want to go portable with the battery pack.

JJZolx
2009-10-15, 21:34
I'm afraid that it's not that seamless. You have to go to

Settings > Advanced > Networking > Choose Network > Connect to...

to change the connection type from wired to wireless and back again. If you have multiple wifi networks in your vicinity when you choose 'Connect to wireless network' you'll be presented with a list of network names from which to choose. If you select the one that you were connected to last time then at least the Radio remembers your wifi password and you don't have to enter it again.

JJZolx
2009-10-15, 21:42
One thing that would make this a little easier is that you can use Settings > Home Menu to place 'Choose Network' on the Home menu. Then you won't have to dig as deep into the menus to switch your connection type.

Dymalos
2009-10-16, 12:38
Thanks for the tip. I'm hoping that having both active could be something they implement via an update to the firmware.