PDA

View Full Version : Remote control for Squeezebox Radio

fredo48
2009-10-14, 08:40
Is it the same remote control unit that comes with the squeezebox zoom.? I need one for the Radio at a work location. Thanks. Fred

peterw
2009-10-14, 09:37
Is it the same remote control unit that comes with the squeezebox zoom.? I need one for the Radio at a work location. Thanks. Fred

It'll work with any Slim Devices / Logitech Squeezebox remotes, from the tiny Boom remote to the nice backlit Transporter remote.

fredo48
2009-10-14, 15:56
Thank you,

Fred

wayneco
2009-10-17, 16:04
I have a couple Duets. I don't use the receivers much but I have enjoyed using the Controllers to manage my Booms. I bought a Radio from Slimdevices and received it yesterday and was able to control the Radio but "now playing" never indicates properly when I'm using Line In and I can't control the volume using the Controller, either when the Radio is set to Line In. On the Controller's screen, it continues to show the last stream that was played... it does indicate on the Radio that "Line In" is the current active audio source.

I don't know if this is buggy software or a design decision.

I tried the same thing with the IR remote from my Boom and it correctly controls the Radio no problem, even when it is set to Line In.

Everything is running 7.4

dwilliams01
2009-10-18, 08:22
I almost replied that I'd never had a problem controlling the radio from the controller - I do it all of the time and just did a quick test again to be sure. Then I noticed that you were using line-in and not the "regular" playing modes of SbS and SN. I guess I haven't done that. I'll see if I can duplicate that.

jdepew
2009-12-10, 08:56
I just purchased a Squeezebox Radio and thought I'd give the remote from my original v1 SliMP3 player a shot - guess what? It works perfectly, every button exactly as expected.

Thanks guys! I'm very happy that Slim Devices, ahem, Logitech, continues to keep producing GREAT products!