PDA

View Full Version : Play music in browser

NetSarC
2009-10-13, 05:19
Hello all!

I have 7.41 running on my Vista Atom Box.
Working just fine.
I have opened port 9000, and can remote control my server just fine.

Now..
At work, i would like to listen to my collection - including my netradios..

I tried installing SqueezePlay (latest 7.41 and also 7.5 builds).
But it doesn't seem to be able to connect over WAN. So, no luck there.

I would like a soloution, where i just use a webbrowser, and login then play.. Is there any easy way to stream thrugh my browser?

Thanks in advance.

jku
2009-10-13, 05:53
http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/RemoteStreaming

Short version:
1. open the stream http://hostname:9000/stream.mp3 in your streaming client
2. open the web UI http://hostname:9000/ in a browser, select the right player
3. play music

NetSarC
2009-10-13, 06:28
Thanks for the info.

I have been trying to make i work.

I run Vista x64.

lame.exe is placed in:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Squeezebox\server\bin"
version 3.89

Winamp or foobar can connect just fine, and it displays "welcome to squeezecenter" as track name.

Bitrate is 320kbit MP3 file.

But nothing comes out?

gfrnd
2009-10-13, 07:26
I like VLC media because the interface is clean and simple
I was able to set up a stream from by Squeeze Server, it appears to be playing by I get no sound from my music files (all flac's)
VLC appears to be playing the stream, and does Squeeze Server, but there is no sound. VLC reports an mpga codec and appears to be decoding.
My server is set to play FLAC as native (under advanced File Types).
Is the problem a misunderstanding of the codec by VLC?

One more thing, if I choose an internet radio stream (some but not all) they play fine.

Afraid I'm in a little over my head here. Is any one up for offering some advice?
Thanks

agillis
2009-10-13, 08:35
If you want to play your music from remote (over a WAN) have you looked at Simplify Media? Simplify Media this allows you to access your music from anywhere.

gfrnd
2009-10-13, 09:20
I'm not trying to do this over WAN; for now I would like to hear music within the LAN; this is to substitute for SqueezPlay that is having much trouble right now (difficult to connect, high-speed gibberish when listening to internet feeds ....)

Thanks

jku
2009-10-13, 13:12
lame.exe is placed in:
"C:\Program Files (x86)\Squeezebox\server\bin"
version 3.89

I don't do Windows so I can't confirm if that's the right place, but note that you may need to enable LAME for specific file types in the web ui (sorry don't remember more exactly).

pski
2009-10-13, 15:48
I don't do Windows so I can't confirm if that's the right place, but note that you may need to enable LAME for specific file types in the web ui (sorry don't remember more exactly).

\Program Files\SqueezeBox\server\Bin\MSWin32-x86-multi-thread\lame.exe

Of course the MSWin part could be different if you have 64 bit or do not have more than one processor (I'm guessing...)

The folder also has alac.exe, cygwin1.dll, etc.

P